FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
...careful - your "bullying" might render me "triggered"...;)
COYS

Not bullying. I asked another user not tonise a term that disparages mental illness. Lots of other users here object to that term and so do I. The poster apologised and allmis good so why are you getting involved,?

Maybe im weird but I enjoyed last night, been so starved of attacking play and possession I honestly don’t mind losing if we play positively. Better than watching us draw 1-1 with 3 shots

I thought first half hour we were excellent

Everton goals all seemed to come against the run of play and our mistakes seemed to cause all of them
Im a great believer in the philosophy that its better to die fighting on your feet than to live your life on your knees.
Its sad that we gifted them their win through poor mistakes and decision making, but they still had to finish their chances. But what on earth was that penalty decision about?

Sadder still that the same crowd of halfwits gather up the pitchforks and torches to burn their favourite witches, irrespective of culpability.

Dear Daniel..
I know you will not respond to this or probably even read it, as you are apparently busy and also have no care for what or how the supporters are feeling..
This has been going on long enough, and I feel if this was somebody working within a business you ran and was as incompetent as our current manager. You would have them removed immediately, but for some reason you think this is an acceptable practice within football. It is not in my humble opinion, Mr mourinho is clearly unable to motivate this set of players and somehow has lost all interest in actually playing football. Because what he is doing to this team can not be construed as football in any way.
I personally do not think that you also have any clue regarding actual football on an actual pitch, clearly you are an exceptional business man that is not in question. But how does that qualify you to make football decisions, surely in business in order to be successfull you have the correctly qualified people in the correct position so as to make decisions with knowledge and experience. But when you became chairman you had neither of these in football, but decided you would go it alone without actually employing experienced football people to make football decisions...
I believe if you truly support this club as you say you do, then you should remove our current inept manager.
I along with many others would also like for enic to be removed from ownership of our club also, in order for someone who understands football and genuinely loves this once fantastic club before it sinks any lower than you have already taken it.
I would love to hear back from you but do not hold out any hope of this happening.
Yours faithfully

Fucking jokers imo
Dear Nigel,
You're absolutely right. I shall take your expert advice and give you ownership of the Club immediately,
Kind regards and good luck,
Daniel

"I along with many others would also like for enic to be removed from ownership of our club"

Its actually their club. They own it.

' in order for someone who understands football and genuinely loves this once fantastic club '

OK. All those with the skills to manage a billion pound stadium, manage the agreements with NFL, run the most profitable football club in the world AND love Tottenham Hotspurs please step forward (Gazza, please sit down)
That is the problem though most profitable club but certainly not successful enic have failed with that.

I'm getting sick of most of these 3rd rate players tbh, kane, son, alli, ndombele and reguillon aside..
Its time for the end of mourinho and more importantly levy/enic who have shown over and over that they have no clue about football. I don't care how brilliant the stadium or training ground this is sport and they have no clue....

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch, and I hope that this email finds you safe and well.

Due to the sheer volume of correspondence that the Chairman receives, unfortunately it isn’t possible for him to reply personally to every email he is sent. However, he does set aside the time to read every message in full, and he has asked me to respond to you directly to let you know that your comments have all been noted.

Many thanks for your continued support of the Club – it is much appreciated. Do take care and stay safe.

Kind regards,

Julia

Julia
Supporter Services
As proven by this response to this email....

Dear Daniel..
I know you will not respond to this or probably even read it, as you are apparently busy and also have no care for what or how the supporters are feeling..
This has been going on long enough, and I feel if this was somebody working within a business you ran and was as incompetent as our current manager. You would have them removed immediately, but for some reason you think this is an acceptable practice within football. It is not in my humble opinion, Mr mourinho is clearly unable to motivate this set of players and somehow has lost all interest in actually playing football. Because what he is doing to this team can not be construed as football in any way.
I personally do not think that you also have any clue regarding actual football on an actual pitch, clearly you are an exceptional business man that is not in question. But how does that qualify you to make football decisions, surely in business in order to be successfull you have the correctly qualified people in the correct position so as to make decisions with knowledge and experience. But when you became chairman you had neither of these in football, but decided you would go it alone without actually employing experienced football people to make football decisions...
I believe if you truly support this club as you say you do, then you should remove our current inept manager.
I along with many others would also like for enic to be removed from ownership of our club also, in order for someone who understands football and genuinely loves this once fantastic club before it sinks any lower than you have already taken it.
I would love to hear back from you but do not hold out any hope of this happening.
Yours faithfully

Fucking jokers imo

For anyone else who writes to the chairman - that is an exact copy/paste response from Julia at Supporters Services saying our comments have been noted, so not sure he reads all fans' complaints or advice at all.

More likely "your comments have not been noted, get bent".

I don't really know what the answer is at this point. When even Hojbjerg is making terrible mistakes what can you say? Our best attacking performance of the season saw us concede 5 goals. Our mistakes were punished incredibly harshly by both Everton and the referee but it doesn't seem to matter how we play anymore. If we play conservatively we will make more mistakes than we create chances. If we play progressively the same thing happens. It doesn't matter who is in our XI or who we are playing against.

Overall I feel positive after last night because we showed we can play quality football, but will the mistakes ever end?

Just one of those games tbh.

Last night was the purest example of anything BUT 'just one of those games'

....it was the complete opposite!!

'Just one of those games' are narrow 1-0/2-1 defeats where nothing seems to go our way... those games happen every few weeks to many teams!

Last night's game was as nuts as this season, and the like of which won't happen again for a long while....
(Until it happens again next week, and proves me wrong!!)

I don't really know what the answer is at this point. When even Hojbjerg is making terrible mistakes what can you say? Our best attacking performance of the season saw us concede 5 goals. Our mistakes were punished incredibly harshly by both Everton and the referee but it doesn't seem to matter how we play anymore. If we play conservatively we will make more mistakes than we create chances. If we play progressively the same thing happens. It doesn't matter who is in our XI or who we are playing against.

Overall I feel positive after last night because we showed we can play quality football, but will the mistakes ever end?
This is basically gospel

Im a great believer in the philosophy that its better to die fighting on your feet than to live your life on your knees.
Its sad that we gifted them their win through poor mistakes and decision making, but they still had to finish their chances. But what on earth was that penalty decision about?

Sadder still that the same crowd of halfwits gather up the pitchforks and torches to burn their favourite witches, irrespective of culpability.
It was 100% a pen.

I hate these scenarios being given as pens, I don't agree with them at all. But these are given as pens today, in fact, I'll be so bold as to say that with the extreme levels of inconsistency that are seen with/without VAR from game to game right now, that this type of decision has to be the most consistent. Rarely, if ever do you not see that scenario not given as a pen.

Sissoko, limited as he is, was demonstrably more use than Dele and Winks combined. A crocked Bale offers more than either player.

Not sure Jose can be blamed for the subs: they just weren’t very good players.

Oh, well, it’s not like we don’t get knocked out every year! (Silver linings?)
Sissoko is fucking awful. Shamble

don’t disagree on Winks and Dele but the big oaf should be terminated, paid up and moved on

I'm much happier this morning that I was last Friday after the Chelsea game - at least we showed that we can pass the ball well and create a few chances, even if that meant sacrificing defensive solidity. We showed absolutely nothing against Chelsea, terrible in every aspect.

I can't remember which manager used the phrase before (it might have been Poch), but at the moment out 'blanket' is too short - we can either pull it up to keep our shoulders warm or push it down to cover our feet.

I'm much happier this morning that I was last Friday after the Chelsea game - at least we showed that we can pass the ball well and create a few chances, even if that meant sacrificing defensive solidity. We showed absolutely nothing against Chelsea, terrible in every aspect.

I can't remember which manager used the phrase before (it might have been Poch), but at the moment out 'blanket' is too short - we can either pull it up to keep our shoulders warm or push it down to cover our feet.
Either way we keep losing

Either way we keep losing

I think we'll win more if we play / approach every game like last night - you can get quite far in the PL just by having good forwards and out scoring your opposition (see Man Utd)

The low block / counter style only really suits the games against the teams who either naively attack (Leeds, Woolwich) or the teams who we have no chance of out scoring (City, Liverpool, Utd)

We could of course adapt our style depending on the opposition.......maybe we need to pay more than £15m a year for a manager to do that though

Last edited:
Always gutted when we go out of FA Cup but I actually enjoyed the match more than any other in the last 2 years. Should never let in 5 and Holjberg guilty for 2 of them. Sanchez might have scored twice but is our weakest CB. Although we will be more defensive against MC after that I hope we play like today withoutut the defensive errors.
But we cant play without defensive errors. If we attack we make defensive errors. If we sit deep we make errors. Im really starting to see its the players just not good enough. Short of signing a new keeper and a whole defensive i dont know what the answer is

This is exactly what I mean but people keep telling me we have three world class players, yet they aren’t helping.
How come when we only had one world class player in Bale he could still change a game but these three can’t?

I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again.
8 combined goals against top 6 this season.
Take out Woolwich and its 6

5 combined assists against top 6
Take out Woolwich and it’s 3

COMBINED

That is absolutely fucking abysmal
So, what you’re essentially saying is you could stick anyone (me for example) on the touch line and as long as you have a world class player, you should expect to see results?

Back
Top Bottom