Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I scrolled back on this thread I’d find my post just prior to [GB] signing, where I stated that he was magical the first time round and I was sorry to see him go; but bringing him back is a mistake because he will never be what he was and what Daniel Levy is signing is nothing but an image- a brand if you will -brand bale. It’s something of a double whammy actually- he brought in both brands Mourinho and Bale, hoping likely to interest some conglomerate out of the USA in this football clubs future.

Well it’s failed!
What a load of nonsense. You don't spend £2 Billion purchasing a football club because it holds a 9 month temporary employment contract with a 31 year old past his prime and injury prone player and a 4 year contract with a 58 year old and arguably washed up manager.

If you can spend £2Bn on a football club, you can hire your own employees.

What a load of nonsense. You don't spend £2 Billion purchasing a football club because it holds a 9 month temporary employment contract with a 31 year old past his prime and injury prone player and a 4 year contract with a 58 year old and arguably washed up manager.

If you can spend £2Bn on a football club, you can hire your own employees.
The owners of this football club don’t care about the clubs history, and they don’t care about the clubs supporters; all they care about is turning a profit; and for the right money they’d love to off-load -in profit, If this wasn’t the case the money would have been available for the previous manager to bring in the new players here clearly wanted to do as the then current project had for him run its course.

instead they cured the headache by cutting off the head and bringing in the man that the whole world had just watch bring Manchester United to their knees. All because he is or was perceived to be the SPECIAL ONE!

He looks to be finished here certainly as long as Jose is manager. I would love to have seen how Poch would have handled him though. He would definitely have got more minutes.

Another player we've got hanging around doing not much on massive wages. We might laugh at Woolwich but we make the same mistakes as they do in that regard.

He looks to be finished here certainly as long as Jose is manager. I would love to have seen how Poch would have handled him though. He would definitely have got more minutes.

Another player we've got hanging around doing not much on massive wages. We might laugh at Woolwich but we make the same mistakes as they do in that regard.

What makes you think Poch would give him more minutes? He was very big on fitness and explicitly said that players who can’t reach a high level in training do not deserve to play.

Poor comments that grossly breach player/coach confidentiality. I really do not know why Mourinho constantly does this everywhere he goes.
The guy is just a two faced snake. I imagine he acts like he’s your best friend in training then hangs you out to dry in the media. How any player can trust him one iota is beyond me.
For sure, Bale has been poor, but the real reason Mourinho is doing this is to deflect away from the fact that in all likelihood, he’s more than somewhat responsible for Bales poor form.

Why would you be surprised about a player wanting to have a scan if he felt he had injured or tweaked something?

Unless you're trying to suggest he's making it up. That's a pretty serious allegation.
I don't think he's faking it, but I don't believe its legitimate either. Its been a fairly open secret since he arrived that whats holding him back most is he doesn't trust his body. When you've had several long injury spells like he has, often you end up seeing ghosts in every sore muscle or twingey joint.

I think that shows in his play this season, when he has played. He never runs, not as in he doesn't like he used to but that he almost literally never runs on the pitch at all anymore. Doesn't seem comfortable and confident in himself. Unfortunately, I think its his mind thats more broken than his body.

Should have left Madrid ages ago before it came to this, but you can't really blame him for staying with those wages.

He's finished at this level but Bale fans are just refusing to believe what their eyes are telling them. He needs more minutes or laughably maybe the previous manager would have got more out of him and on and on it goes.
I'm no Bale fan and didn't particularly want him back but if he miraculously turns things around then fair play i would be delighted, i don't mind eating humble pie if it's for the good of the team.

Poor comments that grossly breach player/coach confidentiality. I really do not know why Mourinho constantly does this everywhere he goes.
The guy is just a two faced snake. I imagine he acts like he’s your best friend in training then hangs you out to dry in the media. How any player can trust him one iota is beyond me.
For sure, Bale has been poor, but the real reason Mourinho is doing this is to deflect away from the fact that in all likelihood, he’s more than somewhat responsible for Bales poor form.
Considering its February and this has been dragging on since August, I view Mourinho's comments here as sort of a last ditch effort to get Bale inspired to play rather than continually be out on sick-leave. He was very defensive of Bale for the first 4-5 months of this loan, I imagine he was trying to get him motivated quietly and has exhausted that course of action.

I don't think he's faking it, but I don't believe its legitimate either. Its been a fairly open secret since he arrived that whats holding him back most is he doesn't trust his body. When you've had several long injury spells like he has, often you end up seeing ghosts in every sore muscle or twingey joint.

I think that shows in his play this season, when he has played. He never runs, not as in he doesn't like he used to but that he almost literally never runs on the pitch at all anymore. Doesn't seem comfortable and confident in himself. Unfortunately, I think its his mind thats more broken than his body.

Should have left Madrid ages ago before it came to this, but you can't really blame him for staying with those wages.
Bingo. He's scared of getting hurt. Can't play at a top level with that mindset.

Bingo. He's scared of getting hurt. Can't play at a top level with that mindset.
Sadly, I think you’re both right. He’s probably hoping for one big transfer deal for him and his agent... and needs to stay injury free... hoping that the Euros will boost his chances of getting ‘that’ move.

Back
Top Bottom