Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Ndombele went off, yes there was a drop in our effectiveness. That was not because Winks came on but because a very talented player went off. Had Sissoko replaced Ndombele rather than Doherty the effect would have been the same. Had Skipp been here and come on and Holjberg been pushed forward then we would still have been worse off as even Holjberg is not as effective as Ndombele in creating opportunities when we need a goal.
Winks did not have a good game, I think we are all in agreement there but was recently MOM.
I do not get all this get rid of this player or that one. There is only ever one reason to get rid of a player and that is if you are going to replace them with a better player. As a Home grown player it will be very difficult to replace him with someone better. However it will be much easier to replace Sissoko with someone better and it is him that needs to go. Sess and Clarke were bought to try and sort out our lack of home grown players but neither has yet to prove themselves at the club.

But he doesn't get picked anymore. The manager gets hammered by pundits for not playing him because they somehow see him as the English Xavi. He gets thrown the occasional appearance and usually uses the opportunity to hammer another nail in his coffin. He can't be sulking about lack of game time and then put in performances like that when given a chance.
Pundits opinion are not his fault either (which pundits btw?) so give them stick.
Who says he's been sulking?

Does seem atm like his career at Spurs is at a crossroads. Needs to lift big time between now and May or Skipp will rejoin the squad already the better option for 21/22.

I think the crossroads has passed and it is clear now he is not good enough. He doesn't even offer much as a squad player, maybe as the 6th or 7th MFer for HG reasons, but he cannot be a key player even from the bench, just doesn't offer anything positive.

When Ndombele went off, yes there was a drop in our effectiveness. That was not because Winks came on but because a very talented player went off. Had Sissoko replaced Ndombele rather than Doherty the effect would have been the same. Had Skipp been here and come on and Holjberg been pushed forward then we would still have been worse off as even Holjberg is not as effective as Ndombele in creating opportunities when we need a goal.
Winks did not have a good game, I think we are all in agreement there but was recently MOM.
I do not get all this get rid of this player or that one. There is only ever one reason to get rid of a player and that is if you are going to replace them with a better player. As a Home grown player it will be very difficult to replace him with someone better. However it will be much easier to replace Sissoko with someone better and it is him that needs to go. Sess and Clarke were bought to try and sort out our lack of home grown players but neither has yet to prove themselves at the club.
We have given Winks a good go, but he's just not good enough. Might as well give Skipp a run in his place. Home grown for home grown, but at least with Skipp he might potentially come good. We can be pretty sure Winks won't, he seems to get worse as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom