Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is shocking and criminal how we have done fuck all with a once in a generation living legend talent.

Imagine having a striker who outscored Messi and Ronaldo in a calendar year, broke scoring records galore, club and international golden boots etc and we make pathetic attempts at building a great team around him.

Even the most die hard Levy/ENIC fans have got to feel that we should have been "brave" cos these opportunities don't come around often so sometimes you have to deviate from the plan a bit.
That's what happened with Poch.
He came here and accepted that top 4 was the goal. He outperformed well ahead of schedule. His point was, "I know we had a plan but look at the talent we have we're so close it would be a huge waste to not capitalise when we just need a bit of a push". Don't tell me the money wasn't there. If we were ahead of schedule then that means the CL income and higher league finishing position income was unforeseen and therefore a bonus.

What's the point tho. We're gona try to piss away the last few yrs of Kane's peak. He'd be smart to leave.
Yeah who managed him for nearly six of seven years since he broke through

If he gets a tempting offer which I think he will this summer , He has to go . Mad if he doesn’t . Our squad needs a complete rebuild and that will take a couple of seasons . He doesn’t have the time for that . Hope we can we a trophy with him , maybe even two

It's not about whether the player is bigger than the club, it's about the clubs intentions and how wisely they'd spend the money. Letting your best player go when he's one of the finest talents in years is not something that suggests a club is aiming to win things. It's bad enough at the moment where we're having one bad season, but potentially multiple seasons sitting in mid-table doesn't scream 'to dare is to do' for me. We should be building around Kane not selling him off.

Kane is genuinely one of the best players of this generation and we've massively let him down, but with sensible spending we can win something before he retires. Letting him go would be a huge mistake.

For me it would be support from afar. No more buying merchandise, going to games, paying for Sky, etc. No club related spending until Enic have gone. I'd rather give my money to my local non-league team than a club that has no ambition.
And then what if Parrot or Scarlett or Tanganga come through and turn into the next Kane or Ledders and lead us to glory, then what?

Sit there crying over someone who fucked off to Man U?
Or crawl back and be all Spurs again?

Good for you, support the club not the individual.
If Kane leaves he’s not Spurs, so you can boycott all you want, first and foremost Harry Kane won’t give two fucks

Why are you asking this when everyone saw you run away like a scaredy cat from our discussion?
Either answer the qs you were petrified by or stick to arguing with others within your comfort zone.
Your questions were irrelevant to Kane’s form.
However saying the club ruined him is actually an attack on the man who managed him for 99% of his senior career

It is shocking and criminal how we have done fuck all with a once in a generation living legend talent.

Imagine having a striker who outscored Messi and Ronaldo in a calendar year, broke scoring records galore, club and international golden boots etc and we make pathetic attempts at building a great team around him.

Even the most die hard Levy/ENIC fans have got to feel that we should have been "brave" cos these opportunities don't come around often so sometimes you have to deviate from the plan a bit.
That's what happened with Poch.
He came here and accepted that top 4 was the goal. He outperformed well ahead of schedule. His point was, "I know we had a plan but look at the talent we have we're so close it would be a huge waste to not capitalise when we just need a bit of a push". Don't tell me the money wasn't there. If we were ahead of schedule then that means the CL income and higher league finishing position income was unforeseen and therefore a bonus.

What's the point tho. We're gona try to piss away the last few yrs of Kane's peak. He'd be smart to leave.
This pretty much reflects what I said when we ran Leicester close.

To not re-inforce then, was a catastrophic mistake and verged on criminal. It should go down as the greatest missed opportunity in our long history.

Lloris, Alderweireld, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane.

Not building on this outstanding base was ENIC/Levy's biggest mistake and they should hang their heads in shame.

A shiny new stadium and a Burnley-level team. Criminal

Question 1 - Which clubs could afford him and why wouldn't his ankles put them off?

Question 2 - How much will they have to pay?

Question 3 - Could being Tottenham's highest ever goal scorer be enough for him? (It is the club he loves)

Question 1 - Which clubs could afford him and why wouldn't his ankles put them off?
True, he misses a few games every season but he's world-class. A top team with deep pockets and a big squad of course will take the risk.

I really hope he doesn't leave but I get it if he does. Gutting to see him turn out for another team, especially an English one.

No one is coming in to pay Kane money not for what Levy would hold out for. Harry is too much of a professional to throw a fit and he's happy where he is outside of his professional life, wife and kids and all that.

It's obvious we need a rebuild and I do not know what we look like financially at the moment, but I'm going to throw it out there that there a lot of bigger clubs financially worse than us who are probably going to need to sell some bigger players like Barca

Half time when I posted. Second half when you did.
You deflect (once again like a wuss) by attempting to portray me as a shit fan but expose yourself lmao
Just saw your quote and didn’t fancy an off topic exchange while the match was on

You seem to think everything is a big competition between me and you.
You’re winning a race that only you are running in.

Just saw your quote and didn’t fancy an off topic exchange while the match was on

You seem to think everything is a big competition between me and you.
You’re winning a race that only you are running in.
Bullshit. Could have replied to it in your own time like is normal on a forum.

Do you let everyone know when you can't reply immediately?

I just call you out on your constant disingenuous nonsense cos I have time to do it. And you hate it cos it ruins your forum experience.

Bullshit. Could have replied to it in your own time like is normal on a forum.

Do you let everyone know when you can't reply immediately?

I just call you out on your constant disingenuous nonsense cos I have time to do it. And you hate it cos it ruins your forum experience.
I’m in the match thread after a really good night

Join us

Back
Top Bottom