Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really don't want him to leave obviously, but who would be a realistic replacement? Imagine we'd go for one of Ings, Weghorst, DCL. Levy might find a cut price Raul Jiminez tempting if he plays before season's end. Then supplement that with a younger option that could play wide eg. Malen, Daka, Gonzalez.

How dark would it be if he left? On the whole I'm pretty supportive of the club direction with stadium and spending (excepting that lost window and generally iffy scouting) but losing Kane due to a failure to build around him would be devastating.

Really don't want him to leave obviously, but who would be a realistic replacement? Imagine we'd go for one of Ings, Weghorst, DCL. Levy might find a cut price Raul Jiminez tempting if he plays before season's end. Then supplement that with a younger option that could play wide eg. Malen, Daka, Gonzalez.

How dark would it be if he left? On the whole I'm pretty supportive of the club direction with stadium and spending (excepting that lost window and generally iffy scouting) but losing Kane due to a failure to build around him would be devastating.
imo Kane is irreplacable.
No other player fits into this Tottenham team like Kane.

Mourinho would rather Kane than Lewandoski because Kane fits his system more.

imo Kane is irreplacable.
No other player fits into this Tottenham team like Kane.

Mourinho would rather Kane than Lewandoski because Kane fits his system more.
Honestly don't think anybody is irreplaceable if the right money comes in and we target good replacements.

Think Mourinho is cooked and Kane's world class ability is keeping our season treading water, but a good new manager could make our squad work if we lose Kane and bring in 4/5 really good players.

Don't want to lose him because he's been a joy to watch for years and I value whatever connection I feel with him as a fan.

I think letting Son and especially Kane walk out the door would be such a huge mistake. It would kill the club in my opinion and leave us stuck in mid-table mediocrity for years. That's if we're lucky, if we're not we'll end up relegated.

We saw when Bale was sold that this club just doesn't know how to spend money wisely, and the summer transfer window was the same. We buy lots of average players hoping a few come good. I think selling Kane and Son would result in exactly the same as well as massively destabilising the club and player morale, and it could take us years to recover from that.

As far as I'm concerned he's irreplaceable at the moment and I'd be done with this club if they sold him.

I think letting Son and especially Kane walk out the door would be such a huge mistake. It would kill the club in my opinion and leave us stuck in mid-table mediocrity for years. That's if we're lucky, if we're not we'll end up relegated.

We saw when Bale was sold that this club just doesn't know how to spend money wisely, and the summer transfer window was the same. We buy lots of average players hoping a few come good. I think selling Kane and Son would result in exactly the same as well as massively destabilising the club and player morale, and it could take us years to recover from that.

As far as I'm concerned he's irreplaceable at the moment and I'd be done with this club if they sold him.
There will always be another hero to support, the club itself is far bigger than any player.
COYS

It is shocking and criminal how we have done fuck all with a once in a generation living legend talent.

Imagine having a striker who outscored Messi and Ronaldo in a calendar year, broke scoring records galore, club and international golden boots etc and we make pathetic attempts at building a great team around him.

Even the most die hard Levy/ENIC fans have got to feel that we should have been "brave" cos these opportunities don't come around often so sometimes you have to deviate from the plan a bit.
That's what happened with Poch.
He came here and accepted that top 4 was the goal. He outperformed well ahead of schedule. His point was, "I know we had a plan but look at the talent we have we're so close it would be a huge waste to not capitalise when we just need a bit of a push". Don't tell me the money wasn't there. If we were ahead of schedule then that means the CL income and higher league finishing position income was unforeseen and therefore a bonus.

What's the point tho. We're gona try to piss away the last few yrs of Kane's peak. He'd be smart to leave.

It is shocking and criminal how we have done fuck all with a once in a generation living legend talent.

Imagine having a striker who outscored Messi and Ronaldo in a calendar year, broke scoring records galore, club and international golden boots etc and we make pathetic attempts at building a great team around him.

Even the most die hard Levy/ENIC fans have got to feel that we should have been "brave" cos these opportunities don't come around often so sometimes you have to deviate from the plan a bit.
That's what happened with Poch.
He came here and accepted that top 4 was the goal. He outperformed well ahead of schedule. His point was, "I know we had a plan but look at the talent we have we're so close it would be a huge waste to not capitalise when we just need a bit of a push". Don't tell me the money wasn't there. If we were ahead of schedule then that means the CL income and higher league finishing position income was unforeseen and therefore a bonus.

What's the point tho. We're gona try to piss away the last few yrs of Kane's peak. He'd be smart to leave.

It’s sad really. You know if he was at City he would be hitting 40 goals and probably their best player, he is a ‘’generational’’ talent.

Hard not to look back at the few top years under Poch and think if we had gotten Mane or Zaha and a few other top players to cover our weaker areas we would have won the title or even the CL.

instead we ended up with punts like Nkouduo and Nije. By the time investment came with Ndombele it was far to late. Like running a top car on drops of petroleum and acting shocked when it stalls.

Be really sad when/if Kane leaves, one of our best ever players.

Harry will be playing for City or United next season and the big bucks won’t go on replacing him because the price being set will only elevate the price of any competition as a replacement.

it’s a joke this -
it’s all gone Pete tong. : ostrich:

Honestly don't think anybody is irreplaceable if the right money comes in and we target good replacements.

Think Mourinho is cooked and Kane's world class ability is keeping our season treading water, but a good new manager could make our squad work if we lose Kane and bring in 4/5 really good players.

Don't want to lose him because he's been a joy to watch for years and I value whatever connection I feel with him as a fan.
Still have nightmares over how many shite players we bought with the bale money. I have absolutely zero faith that it would be invested wisely.

There will always be another hero to support, the club itself is far bigger than any player.
COYS

It's not about whether the player is bigger than the club, it's about the clubs intentions and how wisely they'd spend the money. Letting your best player go when he's one of the finest talents in years is not something that suggests a club is aiming to win things. It's bad enough at the moment where we're having one bad season, but potentially multiple seasons sitting in mid-table doesn't scream 'to dare is to do' for me. We should be building around Kane not selling him off.

Kane is genuinely one of the best players of this generation and we've massively let him down, but with sensible spending we can win something before he retires. Letting him go would be a huge mistake.

Is that an Internet "done" which really means getting annoyed, or are you actually saying you'll give up supporting Tottenham when (not if, let's be honest) Harry Kane leaves?

For me it would be support from afar. No more buying merchandise, going to games, paying for Sky, etc. No club related spending until Enic have gone. I'd rather give my money to my local non-league team than a club that has no ambition.

It's not about whether the player is bigger than the club, it's about the clubs intentions and how wisely they'd spend the money. Letting your best player go when he's one of the finest talents in years is not something that suggests a club is aiming to win things. It's bad enough at the moment where we're having one bad season, but potentially multiple seasons sitting in mid-table doesn't scream 'to dare is to do' for me. We should be building around Kane not selling him off.

Kane is genuinely one of the best players of this generation and we've massively let him down, but with sensible spending we can win something before he retires. Letting him go would be a huge mistake.

For me it would be support from afar. No more buying merchandise, going to games, paying for Sky, etc. No club related spending until Enic have gone. I'd rather give my money to my local non-league team than a club that has no ambition.
I support Spurs through thick and thin, they get my support unconditionally what ever happens.

I support Spurs through thick and thin, they get my support unconditionally what ever happens.

So? Why would I care about that?
There will be plenty of people that still support them and the stadium will always be full of tourist so they're not going to miss me.
Trying and failing is one thing, but not even trying at all holds no fun at all to me.

Back
Top Bottom