Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn’t really compare a LB that scored 30 penalties with a forward that played 250 minutes

What’s this got to do with Poch getting the best out of Son when Kane was out?
Relax bro

You're like a cautious impala sipping from a murky river half expecting a croc to snatch it in its jaws.

Can you see why players who have less chances tend to snatch more than players who have more shots?
Not really because it depends on the chance.
No need to snatch if you have time regardless of getting less attempts overall.

If you get less chances, you need to improve your shot conversion and adapt.
The only real story it tells is that a player who has a higher conversion rate, would do better with less chances.

Not really because it depends on the chance.
No need to snatch if you have time regardless of getting less attempts overall.

If you get less chances, you need to improve your shot conversion and adapt.
The only real story it tells is that a player who has a higher conversion rate, would do better with less chances.
If there were stats that showed that all players have a lower conversion rate when they have less chances would it make you change your mind?

If you barely get a touch all game and you finally have a shot it's going to be rushed or with panic whereas if you get half a dozen chances there's less pressure as you know you'll get more chances. Not to mention you're more dialled in to the game. Is this an outrageous statement?

If there were stats that showed that all players have a lower conversion rate when they have less chances would it make you change your mind?
Not really, for example Kane still has a 17% conversion rate if we created 26 shots or 9 shots in a game. That Leicester game I talked about we had 26 shots......I think that should be enough to work with up top over 90 minutes
f you barely get a touch all game and you finally have a shot it's going to be rushed or with panic whereas if you get half a dozen chances there's less pressure as you know you'll get more chances. Not to mention you're more dialled in to the game. Is this an outrageous statement?
Again that’s not the case for all players, and taking Kane again, he’s touched the ball a lot while helping the defence and midfield, so is fully involved in our matches.

Are you suggesting he’s no more than a goal hanger? I see him as more rounded than that, so even getting less attempts, he should still be up to speed with the game.

Any world class player shouldn’t have a problem with that in my view

Back
Top Bottom