Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had to search for it online but my word, is it any wonder both aren’t football managers??!!

The state of football analysis in this country is typified within that one clip, can get that level from a school playground. Embarrassing from both of them!

It was the sort of arguments you'd see on here.

Unable to get over his own bias. When facts are presented, dismissed because can't admit he's wrong and if there is any doubt? Just shout louder over the person.

you totally ignored half a season of weak, insipid performances by Bale, and then posted a comment suggesting that it was a mistake to have not included him until now

explain to me how that looks, try to use another word, other than the one I used.

As I said, my comment only looks arrogant when it's you that is the butt end of it, but I would not have posted the comment, if you hadn't said something that was that thoughtless and lacking in depth.

You obviously have a fragile ego that doesn't accept that criticism of what you say might actually be accurate, or even reasonable. But somehow, as I said, you made that to be a character flaw in me, rather than a failure in comprehension, understanding or knowledge by you.

If you can't take criticism of the quality or veracity of the things that you post, then stop posting. You don't seem to have the constitution to accept critical commentary of what you have to say.

Yet you seem happy to make critical comments on my personality, for having the temerity to disagree with "what I believe to be" poorly thought out, shallow comments that ignore facts and observable evidence that failed to support your opinion.
do you actually believe that?...that your comment "only looks arrogant when its you thats at the butt end of it"? despite all the disagrees and people calling you out on your posts today you think the only reason I deemed you to be arrogant because of a post asking if somebody was that dumb was because its directed at me? wow.

As I said to you previously this appears to be normal conversation to you going by your history of posts. Asking if people are "dumb" amongst other things. It's cool if that's your character but have the decency to own it rather then beat around the bush because you can articulate yourself well.

Your opinion that Bale was"weak" and his performances were "insipid" is just that...an opinion. Other people might not share your OPINION ...other people may look at it as Bale playing with inferior players and not having the proper opportunity to click with Son or Kane. All opinions and nothing factual but due to your arrogance you probably cannot see that.

He's been piss poor since Christmas. Unpopular opinion but can see where your coming from. Not sure he'd go for much more than 40 though
In all seriousness it is an unpopular opinion but even the best clubs in the world sometimes sell a good player like its nothing if they think they have peaked and want to capitulise as long as it doesn't hurt the club, even selling to major rivals.

I just don't think losing son hurts us, and I do believe there are clubs out there that would pay ridiculous money for him, as he is considered one of our golden cows and levy won't let him go cheap

I tell you what....... Its a bizarre season and I definitely wouldn't write us off for top 4.....

We're only really net 3 or 4 points off 4th

I think top 4 of unlikely because we can still be flakey and more significantly Jose will prioritise the cups....especially the Europa League if we progress towards the final.

I had to search for it online but my word, is it any wonder both aren’t football managers??!!

The state of football analysis in this country is typified within that one clip, can get that level from a school playground. Embarrassing from both of them!
I took Roy Keane's side in the Irish Civil War. But with the passing of time, I have to come to think he is little other than a bully and a moron.

I knew a Man Utd fan who went to watch an Ipswich game when Keane was the manager there, and he was floored by the abuse he was dishing out to his players.

On TV, the level of insight he offers is hopeless. He is only there for his quips and his tantrums. Absolute helmet.

It was the sort of arguments you'd see on here.

Unable to get over his own bias. When facts are presented, dismissed because can't admit he's wrong and if there is any doubt? Just shout louder over the person.
But that’s also what Redknapp was doing too! There simply isn’t any actual analysis these day’s, nothing about the teams +/-, who they set up, how either will play or deal with each other. Everything is reduced to top trumps, who gets into who’s team, meaningless stat vs meaningless stat.

Don’t know why I complaining I’ve never paid a penny in subscription for this very reason.

Its amazing I hate Mourinho I love Bale I'm not going to pretend he's been like this all season and wicked Jose Bassett wouldn't play him. Lol! Anyway I'm always ridiculously happy when we win and start hearing that stupid champions league anthem in my head, its a mirage but its always was the hope that kills you. Klinsmann, Gazza, Sheringham Waddle, Bale won't leave. I'm Spurs like Don Quixotic we tilt at windmills that's what we do. C.O.Y.S!
It's kind of funny how if you look back at the Bale thread in January 2021, many of the same people saying stuff like "GEEZ IMAGINE THAT START OUR BEST PLAYERS AND WE WIN" we're saying getting Bale was little more than a PR stunt and the guy was done.

I'll admit I didn't think he had this in him anymore but at least I'm not pretending like I always thought that.

I took Roy Keane's side in the Irish Civil War. But with the passing of time, I have to come to think he is little other than a bully and a moron.

I knew a Man Utd fan who went to watch an Ipswich game when Keane was the manager there, and he was floored by the abuse he was dishing out to his players.

On TV, the level of insight he offers is hopeless. He is only there for his quips and his tantrums. Absolute helmet.
He is the shouty captain and that’s all he’s got

What a fantastic result and some brilliant attacking football on display.

Credit to José for picking the right players and giving them the license to get forward and play.

Sky should be absolutely fucking ashamed with Roy Keane's "performance" today - prick.

He's been piss poor since Christmas. Unpopular opinion but can see where your coming from. Not sure he'd go for much more than 40 though
Since Christmas...

16 GP, 4G, 8A

Not bad for being piss poor

He's not been at his best but is still putting up solid numbers. Suggesting he'd only fetch 40 million is hilariously laughable.

I honestly haven’t seem many of Pope’s games. But is he really that much of an upgrade on Lloris? Seems marginal to me and a typical Levy signing ie looking for value rather than brilliance.

I don't know if he is an upgrade right now but he is likely at worst equal, 5 years younger, HG and if you had to bet on who would be better over the next five years I think it is clearly Pope.

It doesn't seem like a typical Levy signing at all because we would have to pay to get him, it would not be cheap.

He seems as good as any of the likely replacements that we could realistically get for Lloris. I do think it likely costs too much for what we could afford with our other needs and if I am Burnley I do everything to keep him because he may be the difference between them staying up or going down with how limited they would be in getting a replacement even with the money they would get for him.

Good win today. Game opened up after that early goal. I would say that team is probably our strongest. Sanchez had a good game even though recently hasn't been great (probably says a lot about Burnley's attacking). Great couple of goals from Bale.

Im not getting carried away as our last two league wins have been against WBA and Burnley but it's important to win this game for momentum as we have two very winnable games coming up which could provide a massive boost going into the last part of the season.

COYS

But that’s also what Redknapp was doing too! There simply isn’t any actual analysis these day’s, nothing about the teams +/-, who they set up, how either will play or deal with each other. Everything is reduced to top trumps, who gets into who’s team, meaningless stat vs meaningless stat.

Don’t know why I complaining I’ve never paid a penny in subscription for this very reason.
MNF only place to get good analysis anymore. MotD sometimes, but even that is usually pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom