Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You sort of answered your own question.
But that game we absolutely battered them and played the same way we did yesterday

That Newcastle game we had more possession, 7 more shots, 5 more on target and 7 more corners than yesterday

Burnley we beat 4-0
Newcastle we draw 1-1

Why? Because we were more clinical yesterday.
As I said, people keep claiming we have never played an attacking game before and it’s absurd. Missing sitters isn’t parking the bus.

Sammy provided an example, Newcastle sat back and scored a goal from a dodgy penalty. Just because they launched some balls forward doesn’t mean they are an attacking team, does it?
cos you dont like their method of attack doesnt mean they are not an attacking team.

You can only attack to the extent that the superiority/inferiority of the other team allows.

The more goals you have scored,the more often you have likely attacked.

cos you dont like their method of attack doesnt mean they are not an attacking team.

You can only attack to the extent that the superiority/inferiority of the other team allows.

The more goals you have scored,the more often you have likely attacked.
Yeah sure, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Sammy provided an example, Newcastle sat back and scored a goal from a dodgy penalty. Just because they launched some balls forward doesn’t mean they are an attacking team, does it?
So Kane and Bale are long ball merchants?
Why didn’t you mind Toby and Jan doing it under Poch?

Did you see the Burnley game?
How many of our goals came from long balls? I make it 1 of 4.

So having 23 shots doesn’t mean we attacked but scoring one of four goals from a long precise world class pass and run makes us long ball punt merchants?

I reckon you should give Kane more credit than that, takes vision and timing and control to pull that off, wasn’t just a punt forward to a goal hanger.

Last edited:
So Kane and Bale are long ball merchants?
Why didn’t you mind Toby and Jan doing it under Poch?

Did you see the Burnley game?
How many of our goals came from long balls? I make it 1 of 4.

So having 23 shots doesn’t mean we attacked but scoring one of four goals from a long precise world class pass and run makes us long ball punt merchants?

I reckon you should give Kane more credit than that, takes vision and timing and control to pull that off, wasn’t just a punt forward to a goal hanger.
:mourfacepalm:
Oh dear...

Back
Top Bottom