Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, I would take Tierney over Reggie all day long.

If there was an award for most overrated player in the PL I think Tierney would win running away with it if he didn't have to fight off a few of his teammates who would also be in the top 3.

O Bale !

I’m astonished!! This Mou guy was cooking up something delicious, but those critics are hypocrites. Other managers are figuring out in three years but Mo need not only adjust his “Dino tactics” in 1.5 yrs but the audacity of the media questioning his coaching philosophy.

The patience with still brilliant Bale has cost Tottenham the title but 4th spot is up for grab, dare I say second.

I’ve seen something different earlier today from the squad and there were rumours they gave up on the coach but like Harry I say “ Ruthless Win.”

Keep it up boys, win the cup against the so called oil money best 🙏🏾

That's fine. Out of curiosity, what don't you like about his game?

I think he is very average, if that at everything. To me he is very busy and often that is confused with good, He gives the ball away, and to his credit works hard to get it back, but it is the ease in which he gives it away that bothers me. I also find that many give him credit for trying to win it back without mentioning it was him that gave it away for no reason.

I also think I have yet to see him have a successful cross but I am sure that he has at least accidentally done it once or twice.

I tend to prefer FB's that are good on the ball and he is obviously terrible at that so I will always be lower on players like him that are all effort no talent. If you are going to be a supposed good defender at FB guys shouldn't be able to easily walk around you like they can Tierney.

Well you could take Spurs 2 Man City 0 the only game Reggie and Cancello have been on the same pitch ....

Reggie was the dogs dangles, Cancello was utter shite .... sure only one game so

How about Sport-co - they use Opta ratings ... they have Reguilon as number 5 in Europe, only Robertson in the EPL is ranked higher ....

Best Left Backs in European Football in 2021 - Sportco Top 5 List

Now show me your data that says he's not in the top three in the EPL - still waiting
The link takes me to Yahoo main UK page (is Yahoo still going!!!??) . What's Sportco?

He defended well against city, hoofed into touch with the rest of the team.

I haven't got any data mate and it's 2 am here so absolutely no way am I going to even take a peek at any numbers.

I think he is very average, if that at everything. To me he is very busy and often that is confused with good, He gives the ball away, and to his credit works hard to get it back, but it is the ease in which he gives it away that bothers me. I also find that many give him credit for trying to win it back without mentioning it was him that gave it away for no reason.

I also think I have yet to see him have a successful cross but I am sure that he has at least accidentally done it once or twice.

I tend to prefer FB's that are good on the ball and he is obviously terrible at that so I will always be lower on players like him that are all effort no talent. If you are going to be a supposed good defender at FB guys shouldn't be able to easily walk around you like they can Tierney.
Fair enough.

I almost never watch Burnley because I can't stand the way they play football. Anyway, I thought their performance today was a bit on the schizophrenic side of things. At times they put great pressure on the ball, especially high up the field, and made us look very jittery. At other times, they looked like they were on sedatives and did silly stuff like give Harry Kane too much time on the ball in midfield. And I had a look at Tarkowski, and what I noticed about him is that he regularly shat himself when one of our boys faced him up. Must have awful mobility.
Did you see the result and then watch after?

Watching some of the more technical analysis and a huge thumbs up for Ndombele:

He played 10 yards deeper than in any game this season and appears to have changed his role to that of a second defensive midfielder in a two man pairing with Hojbjerg. Instead of Hojbjerg doing all the grunt work with Ndombele making all the attacking moves the work load was far more shared ...

Ndombele - 65 passes 91% - KP's 1 - Tackles 2
Hojbjerg - 73 passes 90% - Dribbles 1 - Tackles 1

If you look at their respective heat maps they are almost identical sitting between our penalty area and the half-way line, neither player gave or received a pass in the attacking third .... all they did was recycle to the attacking four or to one of the full-backs.

Sure it was only Burnley - however this solid platform does look like the way forward - huge props to Ndombele for so quickly grasping the DM role ....

He was so good that until I read the analysis I'd barely noticed his deeper transition ... that's a sign of quality right there ...

A back six that can all defend just might give Mourinho confidence to stick with a front four - much as I love Sissoko and Winks to bits - having Ndombele as the second DM is just so much a better prospect.

So you believe it was all part of Jose’s master plan to be shit. Drop to tenth lose 5 out of 6 so he could prove he was a miracle worker and turn it around

i personally think he has done such a shit job, in Europe and when chasing a result against Spammers suddenly a stroke of play he hates made his style untenable

It has taken him 50- 60 games to work out we are better attacking than defending , what a genius

No it’s taken you 50-60 games and up until yesterday you never saw us cross the halfway line.

We did this against Utd, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham home, Liverpool away, Leeds, WBA, Sheff Utd, West Ham away, Everton, and every Carabou and EL game this season

So why are people pretending it’s the first time, every time we do it?

We’ve scored 95 goals this season
Liverpool have scored 72

But we’ve attacked in one game

:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
No it’s taken you 50-60 games and up until yesterday you never saw us cross the halfway line.

We did this against Utd, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham home, Liverpool away, Leeds, WBA, Sheff Utd, West Ham away, Everton, and every Carabou and EL game this season

So why are people pretending it’s the first time, every time we do it?

We’ve scored 95 goals this season
Liverpool have scored 72

But we’ve attacked in one game

:mourfacepalm:
I heard we've played more games so far this season than anyone in the Top 5 European leagues - 42

Scoring goals =/= attacking
Not following? Did we score them by not attacking?
We played like yesterday way back and drew 1-1 with Newcastle with the absurd handball.
One shot they had, a 94th minute penalty and drew
There was nothing defensive about our tactics that day we had 23 shots, 12 on target and 66% possession

Like many other games, people think not winning means we parked the bus.
We didn’t, like I’ve been saying since Christmas, we wasn’t clinical and paid for it.

Doesn’t mean we sat on 1-0 for an hour. It’s a lie.

Last edited:
They've got this.

Season 3 Bonjour GIF by BBC America
To be fair, Aurier & Sanchez had fairly decent games - but then again Burnley didn't really trouble anyone, did they?

Back
Top Bottom