Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's quite amazing the bias surrounding him to be brutally honest.

I genuinely really enjoy him in our team, I think the main reason for this is because we are for the most part one of the dullest teams in the League to watch and he's like the opposite to this! But Reggie is loose as hell, so now back to the bias bit in my response, is he's nowhere near as good as Aurier!!!!

Plus he’s the only fullback why we can trust to cross a ball with any accuracy.

He transforms our team when he plays. Aurier is getting better but his attacking play isn’t as good as Regullions. Find another right back who’s is and we’ll be in business. They seem hard to find though.

To be fair, Aurier & Sanchez had fairly decent games - but then again Burnley didn't really trouble anyone, did they?
To be fair Sanchez was solid yesterday and dealt with any trouble from Burnley very well, I think him and Toby should start the next game together see if they can build up a partnership, if Sanchez goes back to form and has a shocker against Fulham then I think we need to give Rodon a run of games

The best description I've seen of Tierney is that he's an elite Sunday league style player, full blooded but very inefficient.
Goodness me. I am going to have to go and study him harder, looks like. The more specific people can be in their criticism of him, the more helpful it would be to me.

On a slightly different note, I was watching an interview AOX did, and he said he could not understand how someone (Andy Robertson) who was so outstandingly bad in a rondo could be so effective in a match. What I have noticed about Robertson is that his touch is dodgy, and he doesn't strike me as a good passer of the ball. What you get is 90 mins of hard running from him, he will kick anything that moves, and he puts in some good crosses (or used to). What do you think?

Goodness me. I am going to have to go and study him harder, looks like. The more specific people can be in their criticism of him, the more helpful it would be to me.

On a slightly different note, I was watching an interview AOX did, and he said he could not understand how someone (Andy Robertson) who was so outstandingly bad in a rondo could be so effective in a match. What I have noticed about Robertson is that his touch is dodgy, and he doesn't strike me as a good passer of the ball. What you get is 90 mins of hard running from him, he will kick anything that moves, and he puts in some good crosses (or used to). What do you think?
Robertson is elite because his motor is at 100% always and he doesn't score lower than 7/10 in any category for me. his sheer aggression, doggedness and drive takes him over the top.

Amazing how much more confident Sanchez seemed having Alderweireld next to him. He was impressive yesterday.

So good to see Bale being Bale, and taking the burden off Kane and Son. Lucas impressive as well.

Plus he’s the only fullback why we can trust to cross a ball with any accuracy.

He transforms our team when he plays. Aurier is getting better but his attacking play isn’t as good as Regullions. Find another right back who’s is and we’ll be in business. They seem hard to find though.

I think the fact that he's assisted with a couple of lovely crosses people have a skewed bias towards him excelling at this. He's assisted 2 (?) goals from crosses in the PL this season, not necessarily his fault but he (Spurs) barely cross the ball. No team in the PL has fewer attempts than Spurs.

It's not really what we do.

I think the fact that he's assisted with a couple of lovely crosses people have a skewed bias towards him excelling at this. He's assisted 2 (?) goals from crosses in the PL this season, not necessarily his fault but he (Spurs) barely cross the ball. No team in the PL has fewer attempts than Spurs.

How do you rate James Justin? I'd rather see him on the right, but he has been getting a lot of praise for his performances on the left.

And it's not like Sergio's assist numbers are leaving the other fullbacks in the dust.

Sergio has 5 in all competitions. Davies has 4 and Doherty has 3. It's only really Aurier that is stuck at 1 assist for the season.

If we played more with crosses from the fullbacks I do expect that Sergio would pull ahead. But as you said we don't really do that.

What he does give us however is attacking with on the left flank far further up than Davies tends to travel. And a quicker way to transport the ball up field on the left. But when it comes to assists it really isn't that big a difference between either of our fullbacks except for Serge, who instead has shipped in with 2 goals.

Sánchez was solid in a good way nothing was getting past him.
I think fight for top will have many twists. Leicester are are getting a load of injuries. We have a game in hand so we could the gap. So I defo don’t think we should be giving up. We only have manure and goons left from the so called big 6. Plus we play Leicester away and we owe them one so we could even start closing the gap to them. All to play for but main thing is be positive and go out to play on the front foot and attack.if we attack games rather than sit back I think we will win more than we lose.
as for next game do we change a winning line up?
This - and not as plan B. It won't be without some pain. Sanchez was awesome yesterday and therein lies the issue that it won't always be the case. I'll live with it as long as tuning in to the match has some element of potential enjoyment rather than a morose duty.

How do you rate James Justin? I'd rather see him on the right, but he has been getting a lot of praise for his performances on the left.
I think he's great. Probably one of the best defensive FB's along with Wan-Bissaka, probably have him ahead given his diversity across the back 4 as can play CB as well + Midfield (I've not witnessed him in either of those two from memory), he's now also adding some attacking elements to his game. I haven't watched enough of Leicester/him this season to be confident on placing him where he's at by comparison.

Not following? Did we score them by not attacking?
We played like yesterday way back and drew 1-1 with Newcastle with the absurd handball.
One shot they had, a 94th minute penalty and drew
There was nothing defensive about our tactics that day we had 23 shots, 12 on target and 66% possession

Like many other games, people think not winning means we parked the bus.
We didn’t, like I’ve been saying since Christmas, we wasn’t clinical and paid for it.

Doesn’t mean we sat on 1-0 for an hour. It’s a lie.
Not to mention that they've changed the "rules" at least twice since then. God forbid a "top 4" side should get a contentious handball given against them.

Fuck off Chelsea. Rules are clear and that includes yellow cards for approaching the referee during a review.

And because breath of fresh air yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom