Andre Villas-Boas Philosophy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This bloke is stealing a living.
In his defence he did real well with Marseille last season.

But Marseille are the definition of a chaos club. A owner that is not present, a president and board that do whatever they feel like and don't keep in touch with the manager about player transfers etc. And we all know that AVB can only handle a certain amount of chaos and pressure before he cracks.

Their season so far has been real chaotic, this week in particular with fans storming the training center and setting things on fire.

In his defence he did real well with Marseille last season.

But Marseille are the definition of a chaos club. A owner that is not present, a president and board that do whatever they feel like and don't keep in touch with the manager about player transfers etc. And we all know that AVB can only handle a certain amount of chaos and pressure before he cracks.

Their season so far has been real chaotic, this week in particular with fans storming the training center and setting things on fire.
He's dead right. It's his job on the line.

I can't believe that any manager would accept the board signing a player against their wishes,

Which is why I don't believe all the "He was a Levy signing" bollocks. Maybe a youth team player, fair enough, but a 1st teamer. No way Pedro.

He's dead right. It's his job on the line.

I can't believe that any manager would accept the board signing a player against their wishes,

Which is why I don't believe all the "He was a Levy signing" bollocks. Maybe a youth team player, fair enough, but a 1st teamer. No way Pedro.
Whats amusing is, 90% of the people that claim that are the ones that claim he doesn't want to spend money

So levy, who doesn't spend money, then spends it on players that his manager never wanted, in the knowledge that said player will still get paid and most likely get bonuses but won't get used.

Its unlikely at best.

No manager gets every player he wants. City apparently decided Van Dijk wasn't worth the asking price, as an example. I woukd suggest that very few get players they actively don't want

In this case I can sort of understand Marseille's position though.
AVB and club had already agreed to part company at end of this season.

Cheap decent player their scouts believe will be good fit in the squad that was available this window, that will improve them. Been bought for next manager (and potentially they even know who that will be, and it was his choice)

In this case I can sort of understand Marseille's position though.
AVB and club had already agreed to part company at end of this season.

Cheap decent player their scouts believe will be good fit in the squad that was available this window, that will improve them. Been bought for next manager (and potentially they even know who that will be, and it was his choice)
I didn't know that.

Marseille fans also stormed the training center and set stuff on fire and threw stuff at the players over the weekend.

I think he is just trying to speed up his exit.
Sad how things have gone there, really. That club has the platform to be a lot better than it is. Really underperforming their station, poorly run.

Back
Top Bottom