/

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we win the Europa league + League Cup (and finish 7th or lower in PL)...

• Sack Jose!

• Keep Jose, and buy him some better defenders!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread is a good example of social media.

Reading the Jose threads even when we win it would seem that the overwhelming majority of fans want Jose sacked. You hear the same in the media.

But the poll on this thread says the complete opposite. Must be a lot of bots perhaps.

This poll has nothing to do with whether people want Jose sacked or not, this is do you want Jose sacked under the very best situation for him.

The fact that even in the very best case scenario there are so many fans that want him gone still shows how poor he truly is.

Plus you also have to taken into considering the Jose only fans we have here that skew the results in his favor as well.

Yeah fair enough.

For some I don't think any number of trophies will be enough. It is mental how much irrational hatred they have for our manager.

LOL

Irrational???

Most, if not all, have given reasons, most of them very good reasons to not want him here at the club.

Is this the same squad that added Hjojberg, Bergwijn , Bale and Reguilon ? Or do you not count the summer transfer window ?
We also lost Eriksen, Jan, Sess, Walker-Peters, etc.

The bulk of the squad now is the same that Pochettino drove into the ground, resulting in his sacking.

Seriously, Mourinho deserves his slice of blame for this shit show...but you're acting like he took the wheel of an MB F1 car and piloted it to the back of the field. We were doing shit before Jose arrived. We've been shit since Jose arrived. Obviously he's not meeting the expectations we have for him...but pretending like he's our only problem is delusional.

Yeah fair enough.

For some I don't think any number of trophies will be enough. It is mental how much irrational hatred they have for our manager.
I have no hatred for him, I was happy when he came here, then our football went to complete shit after we lost to Liverpool when we tried to win games 1-0 , since the loss to Everton we have played more attacking less
Defensive style football and I’m happy to give him to the end of the season and if we get CL next season then it would be crazy to sack him.
What I can’t understand is people think a squad that Contains the likes of Son, Lloris, Dele and Kane , Hjojberg and Ndombele and who Jose added Bale , Hjojberg , Reguilon and Bergwijn to is lucky to be top half and should be below the likes of West Ham in the league!

The bulk of the squad now is the same that Pochettino drove into the ground, resulting in his sacking.
This is unfair on Pochettino who did a fantastic job given his net spend; and helped develop Kane and Son.
It's true by the end Poch perhaps lacked the energy a bit after the deflating CL final loss. Maybe he had taken us as far as he could, and it was time for a change.
But don't extrapolate from a bad few months to undermine what Poch did for us.

We lost Walker peters and Sessengon who both made how many starts for Spurs? I stopped reading after that! :mourshock:
Edit - maybe I was a bit harsh but come on they were hardly key players! Erisken also checked out long before Poch went ! If you think our squad is worse than the likes of Leicester and West Ham then I’m not sure what more I can say , for the record I don’t blame Jose for everything , our defence is shit , we never replaced Walker and rose and never replaced an ageing Toby and Jan and we are paying for it , I blame Jose for having a shit defence and trying to win the game with it while nullifying the strengths of son, Bale , Dele and Kane ,
But the last few games looks like he may have realised this himself so hopefully tomorrow we see more of an attacking intent?

Never said I was a Spurs fan - I like spurs, but not a fan, cos I am simply not at that level of dedication to professional sports.

Also never said I was a fan of Mourinho - that was entirely made up by people like you, but then you guys make up a lot of stuff, so its not surprising.
Not dedicated to Spurs, or sport or Jose but are getting riled up on here. You must be a fan of arguing then

Then why was there a vacancy?
Poch said he would leave if he won the CL, then after we lost he refused to travel back with the squad to the UK and instead went on his separate ways to Barcelona and locked himself away for a few weeks, I also don’t think he figured out a way to play without dembele , add in Erisken wanting out and never replacing him and he also had his favourites and would play them all regardless of form which led to his downfall, I love everything poch did for us but it was the right decision to let him go and I was happy that we went out and got in Jose.

Seriously, Mourinho deserves his slice of blame for this shit show...but you're acting like he took the wheel of an MB F1 car and piloted it to the back of the field. We were doing shit before Jose arrived. We've been shit since Jose arrived. Obviously he's not meeting the expectations we have for him...but pretending like he's our only problem is delusional.

Who is pretending that he is our only problem?

This is unfair on Pochettino who did a fantastic job given his net spend; and helped develop Kane and Son.
It's true by the end Poch perhaps lacked the energy a bit after the deflating CL final loss. Maybe he had taken us as far as he could, and it was time for a change.
But don't extrapolate from a bad few months to undermine what Poch did for us.
Thus is the issue with this insane idea of binary management approval. You don't have to believe Jose is doing a great job to point out that there are other issues plaguing the squad and club as well. Just as you don't have to believe Poch was a shit manager because things cratered and he got sacked.

Which is my point. If Jose doesn't win something this season, he should be sacked. But the next manager isn't going to win anything, either, if we just try to pretend like everything was Jose's fault. Because, again, we weren't doing really good before Jose arrived which is why Poch isn't here anymore.

But to a certain segment of this forum, if you don't blame everything on Jose then you're defending him and you're a Jose apologist. FFS, my first post when Jose was hired was that it would end disastrously after 18 months...and yet, here we are, with binary Jose haters trying to cast me as a Jose supporter.

:pocheyes:

Thus is the issue with this insane idea of binary management approval. You don't have to believe Jose is doing a great job to point out that there are other issues plaguing the squad and club as well. Just as you don't have to believe Poch was a shit manager because things cratered and he got sacked.

Which is my point. If Jose doesn't win something this season, he should be sacked. But the next manager isn't going to win anything, either, if we just try to pretend like everything was Jose's fault. Because, again, we weren't doing really good before Jose arrived which is why Poch isn't here anymore.

But to a certain segment of this forum, if you don't blame everything on Jose then you're defending him and you're a Jose apologist. FFS, my first post when Jose was hired was that it would end disastrously after 18 months...and yet, here we are, with binary Jose haters trying to cast me as a Jose supporter.

:pocheyes:

Who?

You keep making these stupid blanket statements with out any support at all.

Who is pretending that he is our only problem?
For one:

Top four squad 4 years in a row prior to Mourinho's arrival.

Literally all I've said today here is that if Jose doesn't win he should be sacked but the squad needs to be overhauled or the next manager isn't going to win either....and I've been made to defend that line of thinking. Thus someone must be trying to say its all Jose's fault, no? Otherwise, why would one take exception with my statement?

On the F1 driver comparison, Surely Jose is Sebastian Vettel 2019-20 or Michael Schumacher 2010-12, no?

the car isn’t great, but he should be doing better and he’s got a lot of people in denial because of previous successes in a different era.

Poch said he would leave if he won the CL, then after we lost he refused to travel back with the squad to the UK and instead went on his separate ways to Barcelona and locked himself away for a few weeks, I also don’t think he figured out a way to play without dembele , add in Erisken wanting out and never replacing him and he also had his favourites and would play them all regardless of form which led to his downfall, I love everything poch did for us but it was the right decision to let him go and I was happy that we went out and got in Jose.
And I thought everyone was a bit exhausted and if all we were gonna do is hire Jose for some PR, then we might as well give Poch the season to work it out because Jose would be a disaster. And here we are.

Hmm. I agree with that to an extent.

Pochettino had a philosophy. The Bielsa philosophy of young players with a high press, which kinda works for 3 years.

With us he had the money and home grown talent to actually make it work. We had one of the youngest teams in the league in the Leicester season. The CL run to the final was really the last breathes of that side; talented but running out of gas.

Pochettino didn't manage the squad well, partly because he wasn't used to having ageing and high quality players that were too good to get rid of, but not right for the system he was used to. This is why we ended up with the disastrous diamond.

You could see that he was trying to restart the system again after buying Sessegnon, Ndombele, and GLC. They all matched the model, but injuries and fitness meant that we never saw that potential evolution.

It's still on Pochettino. That kind of evolution is what Fergie was so good at until he gave up before retirement. But the thought was there.

My feeling on Mourinho is that he's made a poor job of a good squad, but probably wanted a quality CB more than anything.

And of course the standard 'I don't care so much if the football is hard to watch if it's successful' line.

Which it isn't...so I do.

On the F1 driver comparison, Surely Jose is Sebastian Vettel 2019-20 or Michael Schumacher 2010-12, no?

the car isn’t great, but he should be doing better and he’s got a lot of people in denial because of previous successes in a different era.
So we need to build a better car and hire Lewis. Sounds great to me.

Back
Top Bottom