Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree to an extent, but a word is only as offensive as u allow it to be. I don't think anyone on here means certain words as they are meant to actually be. offence isn't a tangible thing, its a subjectable thing. I mean if I call someone a cunt, it certainly isn't suggesting they are a vagina. i think a lot of people come on here to vent about certain things. I mean retard, we no what it means but does anyone uses it truly thinking the other poster is "retarded" i very much doubt it. So is it the use of the word, or the targeting someone the problem?
Nope. Making fun of the mentally ill by calling people retards or retarded is in no way acceptable.

Nope. Making fun of the mentally ill by calling people retards or retarded is in no way acceptable.
I agree totally, my point is not that its acceptable my point is its used as an insult. Its not calling them a disabled person or even anywhere close, words like halfwit, nicompop, dunce, idiot, mentally challenged and loon basically mean the same but people choose offence, when and where they fell.

The problem is that the word retarded has negative effects when used as it promotes a negative stigma against a specific group of people. Like insults based on sexual preference, gender and race it is a word that we should remove from our usage as an insult.

Cunt, while offensive to some people who don't like its use, doesn't degrade a specific group other than the person you are directing it at.
Cunt is massively and purposefully degrading to women and used against them as such. Its every bit as offensive as retarded. This is simply about personal preference. The people using retarded at people who are clearly not the marginalised folk the word historically denoted are the same as men calling other men cunts. I think both are not great.

Bit of context

Last edited:
Cunt is massively and purposefully degrading to women and used against them as such. Its every bit as offensive as retarded. This is simply about personal preference. The people using retarded at people who are clearly not the marginalised folk the word historically denoted are the same as men calling other men cunts. I think both are not great.

Bit of context

Not wanting to be that guy, but what?

I agree totally, my point is not that its acceptable my point is its used as an insult. Its not calling them a disabled person or even anywhere close, words like halfwit, nicompop, dunce, idiot, mentally challenged and loon basically mean the same but people choose offence, when and where they fell.
They don't basically mean the same and the word eetard is a no no here

They don't basically mean the same and the word eetard is a no no here
I'm not saying its acceptable, but they are the same thing just normalised over time. An idiot is someone of low intelligence, a loon is a crazy person, a half wit is literally someone of half the intelligence of another, but over time their *shock value* gets less and less. I'm not condoning the use of any, more trying to explain they all add up to the same. The only difference is historical context, the words being watered down over the years.

I'm not saying its acceptable, but they are the same thing just normalised over time. An idiot is someone of low intelligence, a loon is a crazy person, a half wit is literally someone of half the intelligence of another, but over time their *shock value* gets less and less. I'm not condoning the use of any, more trying to explain they all add up to the same. The only difference is historical context, the words being watered down over the years.
Thanks for the vocab lesson but fact is the word retard is a shit one to use

Not wanting to be that guy, but what?
What what ? Both words are pretty rank. I'm simply saying that its obvious that neither are being used on this forum at their historic targets. I've linked to an article about use of the C word for context, and how it's history is indeed steeped in misogyny. The fact that we are using it at men is actually part of that. People comfortable with the use of Cunt but not of retarded are being highly subjective. For the record I'd happily ban both in the way the forum censors the word A*r*e*s*n*a*l.

Last edited:
Trying to police what people say on a forum is really a waste of time.

If a poster says something that offends you give them a foul or block them and you no longer have to see it.

The acceptability of words is a dynamic thing and no one here is an arbiter of what people can and can't say.

Son looked happier than Dele himself when Dele scored the winner against Fullham

What a footballer Sonny is. Truly two footed killer shooter with top football IQ a football genius almost and an ultimate team player to top off

natural footballer I.E a playmaker....waste of time debating with the son fanboys anyway bunch of clueless irrational little followers.
Little haha... standard fare from a bully know-it-all. When people don't agree with your poor and factually incorrect assessment of Son, the standard response from people of your ilk (knowing nothing about football) is to play the Sonny fanboi card. Why is that? Do reveal to us el genius.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom