Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough but if you subtract the Poch years then what was our identity previous? I was there and saw it but would like it distilled for me.

What's this got to do with getting the band back together at HW?
Under McDermott our academy absolutely had an identity as a possession based team, starting with building up from defense then ball progressed through the thirds.

It’s not a Barca thing, as individual development came above everything including the actual style. But the best marriage between academy and first team was under Poch, better fit than say Redknapp.

United are so well set up for teams that go at them.

They don't have much creativity to break down teams but they have blistering pace and are a very athletic and aggressive team off the ball.
Yep. Getting top 4 again under ole & most likely runners up. How awful for them.

Under McDermott our academy absolutely had an identity as a possession based team, starting with building up from defense then ball progressed through the thirds.
Ok, but no one buys STs for the academy nor does any broadcaster reach deep down in their pockets to show said games. How did it affect our first team in that time? And again, I'm asking as justification for bringing those folks back.

It’s not a Barca thing, as individual development came above everything including the actual style. But the best marriage between academy and first team was under Poch, better fit than say Redknapp.
OK, but the implication here is that the academy was responsible for our play during the Poch years. But that success had few academy players and would also more likely to be attributed to our press and intensity. Sure, we did have our possession moments but that was often after we strangled a team into submission with the other things.

I wouldn’t look much into this, but surely OGS is not a better manager than Pep Guardiola? A few times now he’s schooled Pep & Klopp.
Schooled is a strong word. City clearly need a striker. Basically, his big players turn up and play better in these games. Also helps if you have Anthony-made-of-glass-Martial being pulled down in the box in the first two minutes. If City had a proper CF, they’d have won.

Back
Top Bottom