What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what I was thinking too but I find it laughable now. I mean, if I have a manager basically forecasting the game for me and telling me what to expect, that’s half my job done for me. Why will I ever turn up my nose at that? What’s there to be sulking about? Oh he’s negative, he’s asking us to attack. Oh he’s poisonous, he’s telling us to watch out for that Orsik player, showing us the exact goals he scores (which apparently he scored carbon copies against us last night). What is wrong with that for bloody sake? If this is what the modern dressing room is then thank God I’m not a coach!

The reason why I find it frustrating that the dressing room might be lost is when have these players won anything with the instructions of any manager ? Which other instructions did they thrive with? The answer is very obvious what is going on. And only Levy has the power to act.

Break up the cliques. The team must supersede everyone and everything.
Exactly. Who the fuck do they think they are? When they win something they can turn around and say this is not right, the manager is doing this wrong. Its always simeone elses fault. Gutless overpaid wonders

Nothing was too wrong when we beat United 1 - 6.

I am pretty sure every team in the league can point to individual games when things were great.

Things were pretty damn good for Sheffield United when they beat Man U 2-1 but not sure many would use that to call the season a success.

I am pretty sure every team in the league can point to individual games when things were great.

Things were pretty damn good for Sheffield United when they beat Man U 2-1 but not sure many would use that to call the season a success.

Mate, I am not disagreeing with the question, just wondering where and how it has gone so badly wrong at key times.

Mate, I am not disagreeing with the question, just wondering where and how it has gone so badly wrong at key times.

I think too much relying on individual players, which is why we can see things go so great when Kane and Son are on, but then so bad when they are only good.

That is way too simplistic to explain all our problems but does explain why at times we can have a United game followed up by crap shortly after. The team is not built as a total squad or using tactics to create chances as a team but is way to reliant on a few players to have moments of individual quality for us to look good.

I think too much relying on individual players, which is why we can see things go so great when Kane and Son are on, but then so bad when they are only good.

That is way too simplistic to explain all our problems but does explain why at times we can have a United game followed up by crap shortly after. The team is not built as a total squad or using tactics to create chances as a team but is way to reliant on a few players to have moments of individual quality for us to look good.

Yeh that’s how I see it, it comes down to lack of coaching in attack and with the ball, it’s all percentages management. We looks like a 20th century team playing 21st century opposition.

Aurier is better than Doherty. Doherty is the worst RB in football. He does nothing well.

Bringing in a quality RB to replace Aurier would have motivated him to player better and he would have known his place on the team as a back up or he could have requested a move.

Now that we've brought in an even shittier player to replace him, you can't expect any effort from Aurier. It's literally a slap in the face. If I were in his position, I'd want the team to burn for showing that kind of disrespect.

Same thing goes for Ndombele, GLC, Dele, Lucas, Lamela etc. They all have been disrespected by the club.

A good manager knows how to manage egos but unfortunately, Jose has failed terribly.
everyone was saying aurier upped his game earlier in the season, he was in the form of his spurs career as he didnt have a massive fuck up in a 5 game streak!

how have them players been disrespected by the club? the only one that was truly disrespected was lucas by poch!

And this goes back to my point about Jose not knowing who his top 11 players are. There needs to be some sort of time for players to gel and develop chemistry with one another but the way Jose is managing the team, there is zero continuity between players other than Son and Kane. Team chemistry is built over time.

Sometimes I hate these modern buzz words but our team has no identity.

One game we are all for attacking and going at teams and then we rock up at tenth placed woolwich and decide to sit back and defend. It's no wonder there is little consistency and fluency to our play.

Even when we attack, we are so predictable, long ball to son.....that's it, I don't see any ideas when we go forward, I look at other teams and they seem to have a plan to attack.

It's a complete waste of our attacking options and baffles me why we got Jose in on big money, we all knew he was a bad fit for us.

With poch you could see our attacking ideas, the press, the movement and expectation, with the current team it's not there, no wonder we have a divided squad of players.

Thursday was just the latest in having no ideas on what we are trying to achieve. The manager and captain both said they wanted to go out, pressure Zagreb and get the early goal to kill the tie, what I saw was a team with no attacking intent or ideas, playing in their comfort zones with sideways passing and not having the ability or inclination to try to take the iniative.

For 15m a year the buck stops with Jose.

And this goes back to my point about Jose not knowing who his top 11 players are. There needs to be some sort of time for players to gel and develop chemistry with one another but the way Jose is managing the team, there is zero continuity between players other than Son and Kane. Team chemistry is built over time.
We were going for the quadruple and needed to rotate init 😅

Last edited:
I just realized this the other day, and it goes a long way towards explaining our problems right now.

We have scored exactly ONE important goal all season after the 75th minute (against Chelsea in Carabao; I'm not counting late goals against pub sides in Europa qualifiers).

What does that tell you? Complete lack of killer instinct. Absolutely staggering that we haven't been able to fight our way back and accomplish anything late in a single league game all season, and only once in a cup game.

Daniel Levy looks like a hands on type of owner, likes to be involved as we all saw in the Amazon documentary.

What if it's not the manager that the players aren't playing for.

What if it's Daniel Levy that they don't want to play for. I can imagine what all the clauses and bonuses, asterisks and underlines on a spurs contract must look like.

You would have thought we would have players lining up for their chance to come to our club but it's clear that something is off putting about the club and I for one, want to know what the fuck it is.

Were fucking rotten at the core.

I wonder if the turning point was Walker leaving for City for big money. It suddenly dawned on the players that they weren't getting paid what the rivals offer. Eriksen should have been our highest paid player was Levy never rewarded him for being our best player and made him honor the original contract terms.

Ndombele coming in at 200k must have really been a slap in the face.

Back
Top Bottom