What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

source pls.

Dont think sanchez and sissoko ever come off as trouble makers. If anything id have thought winks and dier would be .

I don't have a source but it seems pretty clear that Aurier, Sissoko and Ndombele were a tight group. Aurier has been rumoured to want out for a couple of years now and could be unhappy with his lack of playing time, Ndombele did want out previously and looks again to be less than thrilled at times during the games. I think it is quite possible that Sissoko is either getting grouped in with there unhappiness or has joined them in being unhappy as well after being dropped.

It is all assumptions on my part but this season I don't think it is unrealistic to think that Sissoko and his closest friends on the team are all unhappy.

That's a very simplistic way to look at it.

I was, still am a huge Poch fan, but something had to be done at the time given our performances and I think the situation with Poch was as simple as bringing in 10 new players. I have genuine concerns about Poch being able to do that and keep the team competitive. Loads of mixed messaging at the time when we did buy new players with talk about them having the right fit etc and this possibly led to us not buying anyone at all!!

Yes, we all knew money to buy was limited given the stadium build but it was repeatedly made available to him. It's not 100% certain but highly likely he chooses not to buy. Again guessing but there was a lot of internal politics going on regarding our scouting and player acquisition, with an entire department being built and them dismantles within a year (Mitchell and his BlackBox), all resulting in Poch distancing himself from and then ultimately getting the big gig of Manager (promoted from Head Coach).

That's not to say I wouldn't want him back or how I wish whatever the causes of the diverse could have been reconciled but if those areas can't have been resolved then the manager has to go because ultimately the divisions no matter how small will always get exposed eventually within a competitive enviroment.

To me Poch looked tired. Remember we had not only had several windows buying fuck all but we had been also playing at Wembley for a period. The strain of that is not to be underestimated, in the end I think he burnt himself out.

To me Poch looked tired. Remember we had not only had several windows buying fuck all but we had been also playing at Wembley for a period. The strain of that is not to be underestimated, in the end I think he burnt himself out.
The thing is every player that's not selected/benched looks a certain way, a manager whose team isn't playing for him looks a certain way, a team that's lost looks a certain way. All of this can enable labels to be associated. One thing they all have in common is none of the labels will have positive connotations.

I can't believe that over all the spurs forums that there isn't one inside source. The club is massive and even the lunch lady probably hears a thing or two while shes out collecting the trays.

I can't believe that over all the spurs forums that there isn't one inside source. The club is massive and even the lunch lady probably hears a thing or two while shes out collecting the trays.
id say if youre anywhere near to get info youve signed NDAs and wouldnt be worth it to tattle

Lets all agree that we should probably part ways with the following players asap:

Winks
Dier
Doherty
Aurier
Sissoko
Dele

Then we figure out what to do from there.

Add Bale to that list. We don't need to be paying 200k+ a week for a player who only makes a difference against shit teams.

Add Bale to that list. We don't need to be paying 200k+ a week for a player who only makes a difference against shit teams.

Over a season we play more shit teams than good teams - and that's where we need to be getting guaranteed points. Any game, home or away against the bottom 10 should be an automatic 3 points.

id say if youre anywhere near to get info youve signed NDAs and wouldnt be worth it to tattle
I'm not asking for the details to their contracts and Jose's tactics, even an inside confirmation on how the team moral is doing or who the cliques are would be nice to know so we can all further speculate on why the club is going to shit.

Jose Mourinho calls for Tottenham backing and claims Spurs are being disrupted by ‘agents’ and ’selfishness’​

"The selfishness is around, the individual interests are around, the agents are around, the connections between agents and press are around.

“And instead of developing a feeling of a team, empathy, ‘I do for you, you do for me’, ‘I win if I play 90 minutes, I win if I am in the stands’. This is something that you need time to develop this in a group. Nowadays you need time because society and the psychological profile of younger people is not an easy one.

"I want to be proud of my players, it does not matter the result. And during my career I was proud of my players many times after defeats. I was not proud last Thursday or at the Emirates.

“For me, more than thinking about what position we are going to finish, whether we are going to win the [Carabao Cup] Final, is to try to develop this spirt that we need. But I cannot do it alone. I have to do it with my club. I have to do it with my players in the dressing room. But tonight I am really happy with what they did."

What is wrong with us generally is that we're far better going forwards than we are defensively, at least in regards to the strength of our team and squad, but have a manager that has always liked to defend first and think about attacking second.

On top of that, we still have too many average players. Simple as that. We need defenders, but the biggest concern for me is the middle of the park. Winks I like more than most, but he's much closer to average than top quality. Sissoko is a trier but has very limited actual ability. Ndombele has ability but doesn't seem to have the mentality to go with it. Lo Celso is quite injury hit and for all of his ability, which he most certainly has, he just doesn't score or create anything like enough to warrant a guaranteed first team place even when he is fit and available. No matter who we choose there, it just isn't good enough.

Jose Mourinho calls for Tottenham backing and claims Spurs are being disrupted by ‘agents’ and ’selfishness’​

"The selfishness is around, the individual interests are around, the agents are around, the connections between agents and press are around.

“And instead of developing a feeling of a team, empathy, ‘I do for you, you do for me’, ‘I win if I play 90 minutes, I win if I am in the stands’. This is something that you need time to develop this in a group. Nowadays you need time because society and the psychological profile of younger people is not an easy one.

"I want to be proud of my players, it does not matter the result. And during my career I was proud of my players many times after defeats. I was not proud last Thursday or at the Emirates.

“For me, more than thinking about what position we are going to finish, whether we are going to win the [Carabao Cup] Final, is to try to develop this spirt that we need. But I cannot do it alone. I have to do it with my club. I have to do it with my players in the dressing room. But tonight I am really happy with what they did."
Ironic how this is coming from one of the highest paid gaffers in the world

Back
Top Bottom