What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if the turning point was Walker leaving for City for big money. It suddenly dawned on the players that they weren't getting paid what the rivals offer. Eriksen should have been our highest paid player was Levy never rewarded him for being our best player and made him honor the original contract terms.

Ndombele coming in at 200k must have really been a slap in the face.
We are facing the same situation with Son. He’s gone this summer for sure

Daniel Levy looks like a hands on type of owner, likes to be involved as we all saw in the Amazon documentary.

What if it's not the manager that the players aren't playing for.

What if it's Daniel Levy that they don't want to play for. I can imagine what all the clauses and bonuses, asterisks and underlines on a spurs contract must look like.

You would have thought we would have players lining up for their chance to come to our club but it's clear that something is off putting about the club and I for one, want to know what the fuck it is.

Were fucking rotten at the core.
Never saw it this way. You might be on to something. I could definitely see this.

everyone was saying aurier upped his game earlier in the season, he was in the form of his spurs career as he didnt have a massive fuck up in a 5 game streak!

how have them players been disrespected by the club? the only one that was truly disrespected was lucas by poch!
Theyre massive wages are relly disrespecting them

Simples! Score more goals than the other team. I skipped uni have at me.
Is that you 'Arry?

Am I nuts to think that 'arry fucking Redknapp is what we need right now.

Have we ventured that far back to the point where it's like we need someone to come in and put their arm round players shoulders, and say

"Cam on son, just go out there, 'av a crack and just make sure we score one more than them. Simples."

Is that you 'Arry?

Am I nuts to think that 'arry fucking Redknapp is what we need right now.

Have we ventured that far back to the point where it's like we need someone to come in and put their arm round players shoulders, and say

"Cam on son, just go out there, 'av a crack and just make sure we score one more than them. Simples."
Thing is i can't come up with anything else.

Think alot of fans just can't be that bothered anymore. It's like enjoying the commute to work every day. It's a grind but every now and then there is a sweet girl in your carriage.

In sherwoods short time he kicked spurs up the arse, got Adebayor scoring and was the man that introduced Harry Kane into the first team. No hate from me.
Yeah same. Tim was a plum but I definitely credit him with weeding out some shit. Feel like he went in the dressing room and said “right who actually wants to play for this club? You don’t? Ok fuck off!” :sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf:

Remember how the players looked under AVB/Sherwood in 2013/14? They looked like total shit.

That side - Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris, Kane - was the core of our best team from 2015-2018 under Poch.

It's the manager.
And even with that AVB has a higher points per game than Pochetino (i think)

And even with that AVB has a higher points per game than Pochetino (i think)

Not quite

AG-TABLE-FOOTBALL-SPURS-MANAGERS.jpg

More talk of problems in the dressing room. This time Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Ndombele being pointed out as trouble makers.

Previously we had the same thing with Adebeyor. Capoue, Lenon, Kabaul.

If only there was some way our scouts could find a way of identifying problem players.

Eeeekk
source pls.

Dont think sanchez and sissoko ever come off as trouble makers. If anything id have thought winks and dier would be .

It is very good.

Terrible mistake to get rid of Poch and bring in Mourinho, put us in a bigger mess financially.
That's a very simplistic way to look at it.

I was, still am a huge Poch fan, but something had to be done at the time given our performances and I think the situation with Poch was as simple as bringing in 10 new players. I have genuine concerns about Poch being able to do that and keep the team competitive. Loads of mixed messaging at the time when we did buy new players with talk about them having the right fit etc and this possibly led to us not buying anyone at all!!

Yes, we all knew money to buy was limited given the stadium build but it was repeatedly made available to him. It's not 100% certain but highly likely he chooses not to buy. Again guessing but there was a lot of internal politics going on regarding our scouting and player acquisition, with an entire department being built and them dismantles within a year (Mitchell and his BlackBox), all resulting in Poch distancing himself from and then ultimately getting the big gig of Manager (promoted from Head Coach).

That's not to say I wouldn't want him back or how I wish whatever the causes of the diverse could have been reconciled but if those areas can't have been resolved then the manager has to go because ultimately the divisions no matter how small will always get exposed eventually within a competitive enviroment.

source pls.

Dont think sanchez and sissoko ever come off as trouble makers. If anything id have thought winks and dier would be .
Dangerous game speculating without proper knowledge. We might be villifying the wrong guys. For example, all we really know about Sissoko is that he's influential and popular. He may be a good sammaritan rather than an Ian Paisley-grade union leader. He strikes me as being one of the more balanced, thoughtful players with a calmer nature, not a dude who brings out the megaphone the second things don't go his way. A good man. A man of principal.

That said, he's shit. Get rid.

Back
Top Bottom