What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Main issue is easy: Jose.

Players look like they have not been coached, we have no tactics other than what seems to be shitting our pants. This comes from the manager.

Rio Ferdinand used to say Harry Redknapp made him feel a million dollars, Jose makes our players feel 10 pence. They have no confidence, have no structure and no vision.

Yes we have some players like Sissoko who could be improved but we also have some truly top class players who must be thinking what the fuck I am doing here.

Aging players who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Lloris Sissoko Ben Davies
Overrated garbage who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Wanks Dier Sanchez Dele

An incompetent chairman who refuses to sell garbage. Who refuses to spend the extra money to sign the likes of Grealish Bruno Fernandes Skiriniar

Incompetent scouts who have made us spend 25m on a player only to send him out on loan the following year. 25m on a player an attacking player who does not know how to score goals.

It's Mourinho.
Supported this club for 50 years but I jacked in my season ticket last year because I refused to pay to watch him.
Everyone (well, it felt like it at the time) on here said he was going to lead us to glory and that in the modern game 'silverware' was more important than playing good football or, for that matter, treating a decent manager who actually cared about our club with respect.
The heart and soul has gone from this club - shiny 60k stadium or not.
The glory boys, and Levy, are reaping what they sowed.
And writing this brings me no pleasure at all, I am as sad as the rest of you.

His ego is giant. Reflecting on whether his management might be lacking, he comes to the conclusion that no, in fact, an entire generation is to blame. :wall:
"Nowadays you need time because society and the psychological profile of younger people is not an easy one."

I can't argue with it. Imagine trying to teach discipline to a group of 20-something idiots who earn millions a year and are idolised by their followers... Constantly being told how amazing they are by sycophants and wannabes in their entourage.

Do you use carrot or stick?

What carrot could entice a millionaire? More money?

What stick could motivate them? Benching? Pay cut?

There is no single answer to this problem. It's a novel solution for each individual and it takes time to figure it out. Most of the time, it's a process of elimination. And when you get it wrong (Dele) you have to rebuild to the point where you can try something else.

However, if that person just has a bad/lazy attitude, then your best effort may never be satisfactory. Anyone can cause a 'bounce' or a few days of extra-focus and passion, but for an entire season? That's really hard.

For the record, I have no idea if Jose can do it, but for all our sake's, I hope he can.

Last edited:
Poch wanted half the team gone and major rebuild, Bald Cunt chose the short cut option (least expensive one) to bring in a new manager and everything will be fine.

Even if we get a 40 year old Alex Ferguson we will still never amount to anything, the biggest problem is the bald cunt.

Main issue is the manager. Its why he left Chelsea in 16th and Man Utd in 6th, 11 pts off top 4. He just pisses off too many players and they stop playing for him. It just happened here on fast forward but look at how he leaves teams and how quickly they recover and that tells the story.

Its sad that 4 years ago we had such a likeable, together squad. Its all fallen apart since the 2019 final. The manager couldn't recover, the players couldn't recover and quite frankly I still don't think I've fully recovered.

We are in for some tough years

Remember how the players looked under AVB/Sherwood in 2013/14? They looked like total shit.

That side - Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris, Kane - was the core of our best team from 2015-2018 under Poch.

It's the manager.

A lot of people forget that. They think Poch inherited some great team, he didn’t he made many of those players play to the very limits of their talent. We are doing the opposite now, making players play as bad as possible.

I support Spurs, when we win I want to believe. I've flip-flopped over Jose a dozen times, but something is now badly wrong. That interview with the club captain essentially saying the club/squad is divided - sorry, but if that's the case (and given Jose's cult of favourites we know as much) then it's only one man's fault.

He's got to go. £20, 30m or whatever it costs. At this stage I reckon anyone - literally ANYONE, like even Roy fucking Hodgson could get a massive new-manager bounce off our squad. We have some world-class players FFS.

Paying off Jose seems like buying a £30m player who would instantly improve us.

Lloris seems to think its the players who aren't in the first XI. I tend to agree. I wouldn't be surprised if people like Dele and Sissoko are the problem behind the scenes. Sissoko being a major voice in the dressing room (as revealed in the amazon doc) should send the alarm bells ringing with everyone just like it did with Mourinho.

That's as damning as I've ever seen from a player. Obviously some of the bench warmers acting like the bunch of overpaid prima donnas that they are. Name them. Tell us who they are. Get rid of them. Every single one.

They earn an annual salary x2, 3 or 4 every week - more than a decade's worth in Gareth's case. They live in their lovely homes or stay at the 5 star hotel on the grounds. They have the best facilities that the footballing world has to offer - something most clubs would trip over their boots to have access to - and a solid fanbase to support them. They have everything in place.

And they down tools. They put zero effort in.

Stop their pay immediately and kick them the fuck out. Whether they are sympatico with Mourinho or not, they play for the club. They play as part of a rich history that spans more than a century. If they cannot honour that and somehow see themselves as bigger and the club not worth representing then I want them a million fucking miles away. No holding out for the best price.

If it were possible to sell them on to whatever team, I'd sell them to Halifax on a 10 year unbreakable contract with the added clause that they clean the boots and operate the washing machines after every game. Fuck them now and forever more.

Sometimes I hate these modern buzz words but our team has no identity.

One game we are all for attacking and going at teams and then we rock up at tenth placed woolwich and decide to sit back and defend. It's no wonder there is little consistency and fluency to our play.

Even when we attack, we are so predictable, long ball to son.....that's it, I don't see any ideas when we go forward, I look at other teams and they seem to have a plan to attack.

It's a complete waste of our attacking options and baffles me why we got Jose in on big money, we all knew he was a bad fit for us.

With poch you could see our attacking ideas, the press, the movement and expectation, with the current team it's not there, no wonder we have a divided squad of players.

Thursday was just the latest in having no ideas on what we are trying to achieve. The manager and captain both said they wanted to go out, pressure Zagreb and get the early goal to kill the tie, what I saw was a team with no attacking intent or ideas, playing in their comfort zones with sideways passing and not having the ability or inclination to try to take the iniative.

For 15m a year the buck stops with Jose.

Its simple out of the 25 man squad 10 or more simply ain't good enough another 9 are bang average or been injury hit or are on the decline, and only 6 (Kane, Son, Reg, Hojberg and Ndombele) look like they belong in a top side.

Couple that with a manager who despite all his good players being attacking ones is a negative bastard, it's a recipe for disaster.

There is also a serious mental issue with this squad and we can't deny it now. When the pressure is on they crumble like tonight.

We also have tight cunts for owners who haven't backed the last 4 managers properly and haven't really done so with this one

Jose needs sacking we know this. But nothing will change unless the new man is allowed to take a knife to the squad and gut it

Look it how successful we were at the start of the season because of our style of play. Then Jose changes tactics to the old way and we fell off of a cliff.
To be fair, the strategy of sitting 3/4 of our team in our own 18-yard box and hoping that Kane and Son do something magical was bound to have a short shelf life.

It's Mourinho.
Supported this club for 50 years but I jacked in my season ticket last year because I refused to pay to watch him.
Everyone (well, it felt like it at the time) on here said he was going to lead us to glory and that in the modern game 'silverware' was more important than playing good football or, for that matter, treating a decent manager who actually cared about our club with respect.
The heart and soul has gone from this club - shiny 60k stadium or not.
The glory boys, and Levy, are reaping what they sowed.
And writing this brings me no pleasure at all, I am as sad as the rest of you.
Excellent post, sums up my feelings on the whole situation perfectly. ENIC sold their soul for the Sky Sports dream and here we are now. Wanted the easy route to it like the other big boys at the top, whilst convieniently forgetting that those big boys were already massively bankrolled by sugar daddy owners where money isn't an object, which is why there are where they are. They got lucky with Poch and then decided to undermine him by not signing any players for 18 months (still scarcely believable), even when he told them a rebuild was needed. For us to get to the top and stay there it was going to have to be a staged journey as we don't have the resources to do it quickly. So instead they try and do things quickly by appointing "guaranteed success" Mourinho whilst not thinking once about his style of football, recent tarnished reputation and the fact he only actually wins something at massive resource-laden clubs.

You reap what you sow, ENIC. £30M to sack him now boys - or your investment drops further down after a year of no gate receipts.

Many of our players i'm afraid are just totally broken mentally.
Our players aren't broken mentally - they're just a bunch of lazy losers happy to coast through their careers picking up a fat wad of cash for as little effort as possible.

No one looked broken or devastated at the final whistle...... They just shrugged their shoulders and said - ah well nevermind.

They don't believe in Mourinho.
I suspect they believed in Mourinho until the sequence of games after Liverpool. The wheels come off. And once they came off that really was it. It’s happened everywhere Jose has been, the circumstances might be different but the reality is the same. Once the illusion is gone. It’s gone.

Back
Top Bottom