What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gio has been missing most of the season but yes he and Ndombele are the real consistent creators we have, though this is lessened with Ndombele in a deeper role.

If you get these two playing together supplying an attack it sounds great. Issue is fitness and discipline issues for those two.

Dele is finished. I'm willing to bet he doesn't make it into a new manager's plans either.

Lamela is what he is, a hard worker who has moments of quality, not a consistent creator.

Reguilon is our only good fullback yes.

Listing this group together also doesn't make sense as they can't all play at the same behind a front three of Bale, Kane and Son.

Not doubting that a different manager can get us playing a more attractive brand of football but I fundamentally do not believe our squad is as good as a lot of Spurs fans seem to think it is.

It is not a guarantee for top 4. You tried to skim over the defence but all good teams are built on a good defence.

We have some of the worst centre backs in the league. Aurier can have good games but also plenty of terrible ones - lets not mention Doherty. When Reg is out we have fucking Ben Davies coming in. Lloris is also declining. At most we have 2 out of 10 defensive players who are reliable.

How can the midfield and attack feel confident to express themselves and stretch games with that shambles behind them?

nobody is saying we have a perfect squad but if you cannot get at least a top 4 challenge and decent football from the below team you don’t deserve to manage in the Prem. West Ham are doing better than us and they are average as fuck.

Even the best team in the Prem Man City have issues, Aguero is broken and Jesus is average so they need a decent striker.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Regulion
Ndombele PEH
Lucas/Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son

Ramos to Redknapp was mostly about instilling confidence and a feel good factor, not amazing tactics.

Likewise, we need someone to lift the spirits. Suspect there is too much fear and resentment of Mourinho from certain players.
There were tactics with Redknapp. They were simple and untailored to the opposition but the players knew what they were doing and they worked. I’d take harry now until the end of the season. He improves players instantly. Said he’d do the job for free for Pompey, but they just got some younger guy in who was available.

Lloris seems to think its the players who aren't in the first XI. I tend to agree. I wouldn't be surprised if people like Dele and Sissoko are the problem behind the scenes. Sissoko being a major voice in the dressing room (as revealed in the amazon doc) should send the alarm bells ringing with everyone just like it did with Mourinho.

nobody is saying we have a perfect squad but if you cannot get at least a top 4 challenge and decent football from the below team you don’t deserve to manage in the Prem. West Ham are doing better than us and they are average as fuck.

Even the best team in the Prem Man City have issues, Aguero is broken and Jesus is average so they need a decent striker.

Lloris
Ndombele PEH
Lucas/Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son

He's got the chance to play that every match now with only one game a week and I suspect he will. That team is easily good enough to win the majority of the remaining games.

There were tactics with Redknapp. They were simple and untailored to the opposition but the players knew what they were doing and they worked. I’d take harry now until the end of the season. He improves players instantly. Said he’d do the job for free for Pompey, but they just got some younger guy in who was available.
Harry's been out of management a while now. Not sure he would get the younger players respect. But I guess we wouldn't have much to lose taking him to the end of the season. He seems to rate our squad at least, saying we could win the PL earlier this season. Would be interesting to see what he could do with Ndombele and a few others.

This seems to be the root cause of Jose's management failure. He called it out when he joined that we have a team of 'nice boys' = a bunch of snowflakes.

His style is to bully and criticise players to force the best out of them. Unfortunately for our squad it has simply alienated them.

Hugo has hinted that the dressing room is split; and players are playing for themselves, not the club. My expectation is that a number of players see the writing on the wall.

Don't care, I know I'm not wanted
Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Vinicius, Hart, Bergjwin, Sanchez

Don't want to be here, looking for another club
Ndombele, Alli

Fucking angry at the world
Lloris, Dier

Just visiting, I have a real club to go back to
Reggiulon, Bale

Let's get out there and win boys!
Moura, Lamela, Hojbjerg, Son

2+2=potato
Kane

Be interesting to see what GLC can bring.
Some fair reflections there, however I think if another manager - one that wasn’t tarnished, had become a caricature, had their own stationery - had made the observation that they were too nice and needed to be cunts, it would have been better received.
joses status and gravitas isn’t what it used to be. He’s a media personality, the special one. He’s never off the tv - greaseball shit like betting advertising.
levy was duped. I can see why he did it - bowed to the pressure of us needing a trophy, thinking we could spend enough with the stadium revenue to support Jose as he was accustomed to being supported. For someone associated with football for a long time he makes decisions like someone who knows fuck all and pays attention only to the main stream news and views on the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sissoko, Aurier who are ring leading the trouble. Both are not playing regular and both are known to have an attitude problem or politely put "Both are strong in the dressing room". Either way, the squad needs splitting up, Sissoko,Aurier,Dier,Winks,Davies are not what a billion pound stadium need playing in it..... Over to you Enic... Put your money where your mouth is or sell to a multi billion new owner

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sissoko, Aurier who are ring leading the trouble. Both are not playing regular and both are known to have an attitude problem or politely put "Both are strong in the dressing room". Either way, the squad needs splitting up, Sissoko,Aurier,Dier,Winks,Davies are not what a billion pound stadium need playing in it..... Over to you Enic... Put your money where your mouth is or sell to a multi billion new owner
And yet they are picked as starters by a Manager who notoriously expels anyone from the inner circle who doesn't buy in?

No doubt at all that the dressing room is gone. What did Jose say?

"I told them before the game...I told them at half time....Only when they scored the second..."

Basically saying that he has lost the dressing room.

Lloris
Ndombele PEH
Lucas/Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son
We haven't been able to see this team once this season because:
1. Ndombele took a few months to get his fitness up to the levels required for a deeper role
2. Gio has been crocked

In some theoretical world if that XI could have played every game for us this season we would be in a much better position.

Issue is the supporting cast are so poor that when we are forced to rotate the drop off is huge, hence the likes of Son and Kane nearly always being required to come on the pitch to get the job done against poor opposition in the EL.

And yet they are picked as starters by a Manager who notoriously expels anyone from the inner circle who doesn't buy in?

No doubt at all that the dressing room is gone. What did Jose say?

"I told them before the game...I told them at half time....Only when they scored the second..."

Basically saying that he has lost the dressing room.
This is a squad issue.

If we want to rest Ndombele or PEH who else do we have to come in but fucking Winks and Sissoko.

If it's not Aurier its Doherty (I'd go for Tanganga for what it's worth).

You can only pick from the squad at your disposal but would it work out any better sticking Alfie Devine and Nile John in centre mid last night because you don't trust Winkssoko?

Main issue is easy: Jose.

Players look like they have not been coached, we have no tactics other than what seems to be shitting our pants. This comes from the manager.

Rio Ferdinand used to say Harry Redknapp made him feel a million dollars, Jose makes our players feel 10 pence. They have no confidence, have no structure and no vision.

Yes we have some players like Sissoko who could be improved but we also have some truly top class players who must be thinking what the fuck I am doing here.
And thinking like this is why we keep failing.

So please share how many titles we won in the last decade before Mourinho 'ruined' everything?

Lloris
Ndombele PEH
Lucas/Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son
And that team will play all 50+ matches in the season?

Harry Kane team
That's what's wrong
Kane is a great player but the team shouldn't be for him. We had a glimpse of what could been last season leading up to the CL final. But blew it when we called him back him for you know what.

Lloris seems to think its the players who aren't in the first XI. I tend to agree. I wouldn't be surprised if people like Dele and Sissoko are the problem behind the scenes. Sissoko being a major voice in the dressing room (as revealed in the amazon doc) should send the alarm bells ringing with everyone just like it did with Mourinho.

That's as damning as I've ever seen from a player. Obviously some of the bench warmers acting like the bunch of overpaid prima donnas that they are. Name them. Tell us who they are. Get rid of them. Every single one.

They earn an annual salary x2, 3 or 4 every week - more than a decade's worth in Gareth's case. They live in their lovely homes or stay at the 5 star hotel on the grounds. They have the best facilities that the footballing world has to offer - something most clubs would trip over their boots to have access to - and a solid fanbase to support them. They have everything in place.

And they down tools. They put zero effort in.

Stop their pay immediately and kick them the fuck out. Whether they are sympatico with Mourinho or not, they play for the club. They play as part of a rich history that spans more than a century. If they cannot honour that and somehow see themselves as bigger and the club not worth representing then I want them a million fucking miles away. No holding out for the best price.

If it were possible to sell them on to whatever team, I'd sell them to Halifax on a 10 year unbreakable contract with the added clause that they clean the boots and operate the washing machines after every game. Fuck them now and forever more.

That's as damning as I've ever seen from a player. Obviously some of the bench warmers acting like the bunch of overpaid prima donnas that they are. Name them. Tell us who they are. Get rid of them. Every single one.

They earn an annual salary x2, 3 or 4 every week - more than a decade's worth in Gareth's case. They live in their lovely homes or stay at the 5 star hotel on the grounds. They have the best facilities that the footballing world has to offer - something most clubs would trip over their boots to have access to - and a solid fanbase to support them. They have everything in place.

And they down tools. They put zero effort in.

Stop their pay immediately and kick them the fuck out. Whether they are sympatico with Mourinho or not, they play for the club. They play as part of a rich history that spans more than a century. If they cannot honour that and somehow see themselves as bigger and the club not worth representing then I want them a million fucking miles away. No holding out for the best price.

If it were possible to sell them on to whatever team, I'd sell them to Halifax on a 10 year unbreakable contract with the added clause that they clean the boots and operate the washing machines after every game. Fuck them now and forever more.

There was once a rumour that our players only get paid more once they actually start games. When they don't play their wages aren't as high. I wonder if that is true and if it has some impact on their behaviour?

Agree with this.

If the likes of Winks, Dele and Aurier are stinking the place up we would be better off just leaving them in the U23s if they are still around next season and get the likes of Skipp, White and Scarlett/Devine invovled.

We need to be as ruthless as Poch was with the lazy senior players when he arrived.
We don’t have a manager but a head coach. Only Levy can decide to banish them to U-23. He did Rose. Only he can do it.

Right now, no DOF, no manager (head coach), no authority. Just Levy.

Back
Top Bottom