Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We absolutely do need HG players

But talking on a purely football level, Oliver Skipp has had a staggeringly successful season at Norwich helping them to the top of the Championship table, playing (with the likes of Max Aarons) the most games as a first team player for Norwich.

Playing a major role as a 19/20 year old player to take a club to that level is absolutely an indication that Skipp is ready to play for Spurs - I can't think of much more stiff a test.

Nobody should expect Oliver Skipp to be playing 30 /40/50 games in his first season at Spurs, he's much more likely to start with the expectation at Spurs to be an alternative to other CM's such as Hojberg making maybe 20 appearances (perhaps 10/15 starts)

But tbh, given he will finish the season at Norwich with maybe 40 starts, I have a feeling that he might just push the Spurs coaches (with his PL performances) to playing him far more than their initial expectation.

As everyone who has seen him play says - he may be 19 or 20 but he plays with the experience of a player aged 30.

Spurs need Skipp next season. Skipp will thrive in PL.

Best post award nominee folks. Enjoy it.

Would be tempted to have a look if Skipp starts, but it's that plank Hoofroyd in charge so it could be defence launching mortar shells up to the front and MF just getting neck ache

His absolute top level is Goonersaurus

But talking on a purely football level, Oliver Skipp has had a staggeringly successful season at Norwich helping them to the top of the Championship table, playing (with the likes of Max Aarons) the most games as a first team player for Norwich.

Playing a major role as a 19/20 year old player to take a club to that level is absolutely an indication that Skipp is ready to play for Spurs - I can't think of much more stiff a test.

Nobody should expect Oliver Skipp to be playing 30 /40/50 games in his first season at Spurs, he's much more likely to start with the expectation at Spurs to be an alternative to other CM's such as Hojberg making maybe 20 appearances (perhaps 10/15 starts)

But tbh, given he will finish the season at Norwich with maybe 40 starts, I have a feeling that he might just push the Spurs coaches (with his PL performances) to playing him far more than their initial expectation.

As everyone who has seen him play says - he may be 19 or 20 but he plays with the experience of a player aged 30.

The only real caveat to that is Mourinho is our manager and fuck me does he love a 28-30yr old 6ft 5 carthorse plodding about his midfield.

ExVXVl2WUAAJhay

Skipp’s progress this season reminds me of Mount’s when on loan at Derby a few years ago. Probably better as unless they fall apart the next 9 games they should win the league. He’s ready for next season.

Didn't see it all, but Skipp hardly put a foot wrong, tidy passing, won the ball back a few times.

Otherwise a lot of turgid play from England, lots of slow passing back and forth in the back 4, even when a late goal down and supposedly chasing the game.

I think it's kind of what a Winks stats radar would look like if Winks had very good defensive awareness.
This output is significantly better than Winks or Sissoko. He could basically play next to any of our midfielders and do a job well.

I wonder how he would grade out at a Premier League level, but for his first loan at the age of 20 his performances are highly encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom