Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am tremendously worried our fan base will not appreciate just how young he still is, and that he still has a lot of room to grow.

He has proven to be good. But there will be ups and downs, just as there has been with our first team squad this year. Let's remember that.

I am tremendously worried our fan base will not appreciate just how young he still is, and that he still has a lot of room to grow.

He has proven to be good. But there will be ups and downs, just as there has been with our first team squad this year. Let's remember that.
Some of our so-called "fans" are only concerned with big fees and Carlos Kickaball names.
Rose, Walker, Tripps used to get it and now Doc is getting abuse.
Aurier and Sanchez feck up week in and week out and then after they have 1 good game they are suddenly the best RB and CB in the EPL.
If Winks had played like Ndombele in the NLD he would have been slaughtered. You just know that Ndombele will do a fancy turn in his next game and suddenly he is the best MF in the EPL.
I can guarantee some posters have already got "Skipp is champo", "Skipp is shit" on their clipboard ready to paste after he misplaces a pass.

Some of our so-called "fans" are only concerned with big fees and Carlos Kickaball names.
Aurier and Sanchez feck up week in and week out and then after they have 1 good game they are suddenly the best RB and CB in the EPL.
If Winks had played like Ndombele in the NLD he would have been slaughtered. You just know that Ndombele will do a fancy turn in his next game and suddenly he is the best MF in the EPL.
I can guarantee some posters have already got "Skipp is champo", "Skipp is shit" on their clipboard ready to paste after he misplaces a pass.

Doherty is getting abuse because of a fee? Whatever.
He gets blame for being a traffic cone in a game where medicore winger and medicore fullback stepped past him like he was not there!

At the same time people have fallen in love with Alli, van der Vaart, Toby, Hjojberg pretty much right away even though they came for fairly low fees.

I get what you're saying, but Doherty gets stick because he has been poor since joining us. He's not a kid, and he isn't coming from a foreign/lower league that he needs time to adjust to the pace of the PL.
I don't criticize players for one bad pass/game, but he has been pretty awful.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but Doherty gets stick because he has been poor since joining us. He's not a kid, and he isn't coming from a foreign/lower league that he needs time to adjust to the pace of the PL.
I don't criticize players for one bad pass/game, but he has been pretty awful.
Can you give 3 instances where his poor play has specifically cost us?
I don't want to sidetrack the Skipp thread but Doc was our 1st choice RB at the start of the season and we were pretty much unbeatable.
He was RB for many of our recent wins with clean sheets and Doc made 2 assists. He has not been poor. We rarely lose when Doc starts.
Our results only began turning sour when Serge Aurier started giving away crazy free kicks and pens.
If a player outdoes a player by skill or speed I can accept that.
But not stupidity.

Last edited:
I don't want to sidetrack the Skipp thread but Doc was our 1st choice RB at the start of the season and we were pretty much unbeatable.
He was RB for many of our recent wins with clean sheets and Doc made 2 assists. He has not been poor. We rarely lose when Doc starts.
Our results only began turning sour when Serge Aurier started giving away crazy free kicks and pens.
But not stupidity.

Oh yea... all those massive wins we got with Doherty playing full game in EPL this season, truly the greatest of tests trusted to him. Against very biggest of sides the game has ever seen.

But to be more precise this list includes following teams - Leeds, Soton, Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom, Fulham, Crystal Palace.
All teams, without an exception in bottom half of EPL table.

Give him the player of the season award right away. Never would have we managed to defeat such galacticos without his immense two assists!

But not stupidity.
I shall reply to this on the Doherty thread :)

Would love to see Skipp in and Sissoko or Winks out for next season. Skipp could very easily improve our 2 CDM low block alongside PEH, or rotate with him as CDM in a CM 3. He's better than Sissoko or Winks right now, no excuse not to have him in the squad next season.

Now up to 37 successive starts for Norwich in Championship and 3,225 minutes played (and 2 matches and a few minutes in FA Cup).

Impressive statistics for a 20 year old on his first loan.

Back
Top Bottom