Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do wonder if the real special one was Rui Faria. Always Mourinho right hand man, once he left United they fell off a cliff and Jose got sacked. I remember at the time that some players suggested Rui was coaching the team and Mourinho does the press conferences.

Now with his new backroom staff Jose is clueless.

Could it be that Mourinho is the biggest fraud in football history?
I hate Mourinho but he was not a fraud having a capable assistant does not negate his success earlier in his career. The fact is the any manager is just a front man for the team of coaches behind them but they get to take the credit.

This is quite clearly false.

The doc exposed the fact that we have a squad of man children. Barely a bollock between them.

The characters in the dressing room are a crucial part of how successful a team can be. Plenty examples of not so great players being part of great teams for other elements they brought to the dressing room.
No winning mentality is bs it is a vague thing to describe a large number of different things. Look at Michael Jordon he had a winning mentality it was like an obsession it it was more than that. Harry Kane has a very similar disposition he wants to be the best ever and will push himself the fact is we need something more and that is more top quality players to support him or get the rest of the squad to give the extra 10% that will push some of the players to his level.

It does sound like the old days of British passion will stick it up Johnny Foreigner. A bunch of Vinnie Jones type players and we will win the league.
The Tottenham Crazy Gang?

Still loved that FA Cup final against the Dippers though

Pissed myself when Beardsley missed that penalty 😝

Ahhhh...

60% of me knew all along that yesterdays game was to end in the fashion it did. I mean not for past year, but at least start of 2nd half yesterday.
But remaining 40% was keeping fingers crossed that we would see this game over the line so we could just approach Jose with ultimatum - "Look, if you walk out right now, you can still claim that you brought Spurs back to top 4 and cup final, you can leave with your head held high and someone (hopefully Woolwich!) will hire you soon again! Let's agree on 50% of compensation compared to contract and call it a day. As you know very well, you don't have what it takes to finish in top 4 position nor to get us the win in EFL cup final and if season will continue in current manner, you will be sacked and be universally seen as failure with Spurs. If you resign now, you will keep some of your face and we will save 50% of the money - in the long run it is better for both."

Unfortunately it went as it went and we never got chance to try that tactic.

Squad has some enormous issues with squad, but I fully expect that any former player (King, Mason) or Harry or whoever would get better results from remaining games than Jose will. And then we can find new gaffer for next season.
Fuck him I want him to leave with his reputation further diminished

I’m so desperate for this shite to be over. I’ve never felt so disconnected from my club before

Only time I have felt like this was towards the end of AVB the reign. Even players like Verts looked sad to be playing for us, I get that impression again.

Same players let down Poch.

Apparently i'm a Mourinho arse kisser cos i blame the players for some stuff.

Mourinho has made plenty of mistakes, but the players deserve some of the blame too
Yeah I can understand why people want Mourinho out.

At the same time I struggle to understand why the other side can't see that some fans are just sick to death of a core group of our squad.

You get people like Windy on Twitter saying they believe we can compete for the league title with this squad. The levels of delusion about the talent in the group is amazing.

We are NOWHERE NEAR competing for major honours with this squad.

So sure lets get Jose out. But if you think Nagelsmann will have Winks, Dele, Sissoko and Sanchez pulling up trees then prepare to be disappointed.

Yeah I can understand why people want Mourinho out.

At the same time I struggle to understand why the other side can't see that some fans are just sick to death of a core group of our squad.

You get people like Windy on Twitter saying they believe we can compete for the league title with this squad. The levels of delusion about the talent in the group is amazing.

We are NOWHERE NEAR competing for major honours with this squad.

So sure lets get Jose out. But if you think Nagelsmann will have Winks, Dele, Sissoko and Sanchez pulling up trees then prepare to be disappointed.
Exactly what i said yday..

A manager can't perform miracles with shit players.

Bringing Nagelsman or whoever in will not transform Sanchez into a decent defender

Fuck him I want him to leave with his reputation further diminished
To clarify that does not mean I want us to lose, but I don’t want him spinning our troubles to make himself the victim

I don't give a shit about his reputation.

I was just hoping that when applying on that, maybe we could save some money and time for Tottenham. Cause I'd surely prefer getting rid of him now for 10 mEUr than at the end of season for 20 mEUR. Kind of no brainer deal - like you would be offered free blowjob by woman of your choice BUT you would also have to accept brand new Ferrari on top of it :D .

Back
Top Bottom