Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won’t solve the underlying issue though - and well back to this situation in a few months with the tragic players we have
We can't solve that until the summer unfortunately but Rose is out of contract, Bale & Vinicius won't be renewed, we'll have to take what we can get on Aurier and Lamela as last year of their contracts. Pretty sure Winks and Sissoko will go. It will happen. In the meantime we should start the clearout in the managers office, that can be done now and is the first step in sorting this mess.

We can't solve that until the summer unfortunately but Rose is out of contract, Bale & Vinicius won't be renewed, we'll have to take what we can get on Aurier and Lamela as ladt year of their contracts. Pretty sure Winks and Sissoko will go. It will happen. In the meantime we should start the clearout in the managers office, that can be done now and is the first step in sorting this mess.
Sure - but if it means buying the same average shit-cunt players again from the bargain bin - well be back to the same outcome

This Toby thing surely this must a big talking point amongst the players and board! If true that he was back in England Wednesday and training on Thursday which is two days before jose claims he trained in the Saturday then this is obviously a big lie. He can’t get away with BS lies like that in such a high profile job? May be it’s bcos jose hardly coaches he didn’t notice Toby was there on Thursday. Hopefully Toby and some of the senior players take this up with Jose and the board. Gross misconduct one for AC12😀

This Toby thing surely this must a big talking point amongst the players and board! If true that he was back in England Wednesday and training on Thursday which is two days before jose claims he trained in the Saturday then this is obviously a big lie. He can’t get away with BS lies like that in such a high profile job? May be it’s bcos jose hardly coaches he didn’t notice Toby was there on Thursday. Hopefully Toby and some of the senior players take this up with Jose and the board. Gross misconduct one for AC12😀
I bet Toby's agent is fucking fuming and on the blower to Levy today. Mourinho basically accusing him of being unproffesional for no reason what so ever. I remember when ENIC sacked Graham on supposedly leaking stories to the press to try and avoid paying compensation. I'm happy for them to have another shot at that.

I have pretty much been on the fence about Mourinho. Unhappy at times but optimistic that we still might achieve something. However he forgot the first rule of Lying is that you do not get caught out. This latest blunder is the last straw for me and I have moved over to the Mourinho must go camp. No idea what it will be like with Sacramento in charge but as I no longer have much hope of winning the League Cup or top 4, so what. Then get a new Manager in the summer. I accept the cost of his pay off will result in less available money for transfers but that is a cost that I accept.
giphy1.gif

I don't give a shit about his reputation.

I was just hoping that when applying on that, maybe we could save some money and time for Tottenham. Cause I'd surely prefer getting rid of him now for 10 mEUr than at the end of season for 20 mEUR. Kind of no brainer deal - like you would be offered free blowjob by woman of your choice BUT you would also have to accept brand new Ferrari on top of it :D .
Well depending how quickly he wants to take a new job he will have to compromise

I have pretty much been on the fence about Mourinho. Unhappy at times but optimistic that we still might achieve something. However he forgot the first rule of Lying is that you do not get caught out. This latest blunder is the last straw for me and I have moved over to the Mourinho must go camp. No idea what it will be like with Sacramento in charge but as I no longer have much hope of winning the League Cup or top 4, so what. Then get a new Manager in the summer. I accept the cost of his pay off will result in less available money for transfers but that is a cost that I accept.

I agree. Also, even though Mourinho compensation = less transfer money, giving him money to spend on 'his' type of players and then sacking him in a year anyway would be an even bigger waste.

I mean, he bought Bailly at Utd didn't he? Lindelof, Fred, Matic? He didn't get a tune out of them. Why spend money on Jose targets and then lumber the next guy with working with them. Just get the next guy now and let him spend whatever money we do have in the summer.

Probably will be King or Mason in charge. As interim..

The attitude we have going against top 6 teams is just disgraceful.

I expect we will be served up some real shit next week. Backs against the whole against United at home.

Compare that to when we beat United 3-0 and 2-1 at the lane and then the domination at Wembley in the 2-0 win too.

His attitude/setup is a problem.

The only way we get results against anyone half decent is by really good individual performances. Whereas Man City always get the results because they play as a team.

That's been Mourinho's problem for ages. For example. Idk if anyone remembers this game where Woolwich lost 3-1 to United. United got a good result away from Old Trafford but De Gea had the game of his life and if there was xG it would've been something crazy. That sort of performance isn't sustainable. And because that doesn't happen apart from the odd game a season the results v the top 6 are poor.

The attitude we have going against top 6 teams is just disgraceful.

I expect we will be served up some real shit next week. Backs against the whole against United at home.

Compare that to when we beat United 3-0 and 2-1 at the lane and then the domination at Wembley in the 2-0 win too.

His attitude/setup is a problem.

The only way we get results against anyone half decent is by really good individual performances. Whereas Man City always get the results because they play as a team.

That's been Mourinho's problem for ages. For example. Idk if anyone remembers this game where Woolwich lost 3-1 to United. United got a good result away from Old Trafford but De Gea had the game of his life and if there was xG it would've been something crazy. That sort of performance isn't sustainable. And because that doesn't happen apart from the odd game a season the results v the top 6 are poor.

It’s what I have been saying all season, we look like strangers, randoms playing on their own, everything is all built on exceptional individual brilliance but little or no collective brilliance, it’s perhaps why Kane a World Class player is still able to shine.

It just reminds me entirely of AVB and Bale, we have Jose and Kane. That is it, that is the team nothing else. It’s not a sustainable way to play football and it shows that a rebuild under Jose would be a disaster.

We need a manager that works on the collective with modern ball retention and pressing methods. The collective can be powerful I mean we got to a CL final with Winks and Sissoko as our midfield. For Jose to work we would need 11 players of Kane’s ability, so basically 500-600m of spending.

'Yesterday was one of the most alarming performances under Mourinho so far. Of 410 Premier League games that we have expected goals data on for Tottenham since 2010-11, Newcastle United’s 4.03 xG is the highest total that they have ever faced in the competition. All this against a team that averaged the fourth-lowest quality chances from non-penalty shots in the Premier League this season coming into this weekend (0.84).

Newcastle had a total of 4.03 xG from their 22 shots at an average of 0.18 xG per shot – suggesting that the quality of these chances would see a team convert each chance 18% of the time on average. Their quality of chances in this match alone was higher than they created in their last four Premier League games combined (3.76).

It’s interesting that compatriot André Villas-Boas – not remembered fondly by Spurs fans – managed two Premier League games fewer at the club than Mourinho (54 v 56), but the former Portuguese boss still won more points in the competition at the club (99) than the current coach has collected (94). In fact, at just 1.68 points per game with Spurs, this is comfortably Mourinho’s worst-ever spell as a league manager. Same coach, different players.'

[The Analysis: April 5-9 | The Analyst] Scroll up from that bit too to see how many pts we've dropped.

Scary stuff and Mourinho is just digging us into a hole. We need him to go before his mess becomes too big.

It’s what I have been saying all season, we look like strangers, randoms playing on their own, everything is all built on exceptional individual brilliance but little or no collective brilliance, it’s perhaps why Kane a World Class player is still able to shine.

It just reminds me entirely of AVB and Bale, we have Jose and Kane. That is it, that is the team nothing else. It’s not a sustainable way to play football and it shows that a rebuild under Jose would be a disaster.

We need a manager that works on the collective with modern ball retention and pressing methods. The collective can be powerful I mean we got to a CL final with Winks and Sissoko as our midfield. For Jose to work we would need 11 players of Kane’s ability, so basically 500-600m of spending.
For me we have the potential to be the collective.

Kane's our best player but we've got some actual quality in the squad. Now need to find a manager to get the best out of it and make a few tweaks. Mourinho would need a lot more than a few tweaks.

One thing that Jose did used to be good at at Chelsea was subs. He always seemed to be able to switch formation or put on a different player to make the game work. He never really did this at United or with us. So I do feel that he must have declined mentally since that period.

One thing that Jose did used to be good at at Chelsea was subs. He always seemed to be able to switch formation or put on a different player to make the game work. He never really did this at United or with us. So I do feel that he must have declined mentally since that period.
He tried to sell us the idea he improved his philosophy - he hasn't.

Should be sacked for lieing to his employer.

He has no idea how to coach anymore, we look more basic than league 1 sides. £15m a year for it as well and now he is turning on the players. Be a relief when he fucks off.
I know its not provable but I honestly believe I could coach these players to be a more competitive team than Jose over the last year. I think many many people could drill the back four and attacking players to more cohesiveness. I am not bigging myself up I said I thought we looked poorly coached when we were top.

Won’t solve the underlying issue though - and well back to this situation in a few months with the tragic players we have
All of these things need to happen. It's not just Jose,

However Jose leaving would give most who care about this club the biggest sense of relief and room to breathe for a while.

Solksjaer still has goodwill over 2 years later simply because he isn't Mourinho.

All of these things need to happen. It's not just Jose,

However Jose leaving would give most who care about this club the biggest sense of relief and room to breathe for a while.

Solksjaer still has goodwill over 2 years later simply because he isn't Mourinho.
Jose would also have goodwill here if we were second in the log and still in 2 major cups

Back
Top Bottom