Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hang about....the result today was not as terrible as I thought...
There is more than one more twist to come in the EPL saga this season..

1Man City314574
2Man Utd302560
3Leicester301956
4Chelsea301651
5Tottenham301949
6Liverpool301549
7West Ham291049
8Everton28346
Today was a terrible result. There’s no other way of dressing it up. Our next two games are Man U and away to Everton. We haven’t beaten a side who were in the top 8 when we played them all season.

Hang about....the result today was not as terrible as I thought...
There is more than one more twist to come in the EPL saga this season..

1Man City314574
2Man Utd302560
3Leicester301956
4Chelsea301651
5Tottenham301949
6Liverpool301549
7West Ham291049
8Everton28346
It really was and the performance was worse. That does not look like a team that can win 6 or 7 of its last 8 and now we'll have even more division and toxicity after his latest comments.

It really was and the performance was worse. That does not look like a team that can win 6 or 7 of its last 8 and now we'll have even more division and toxicity after his latest comments.
We are 5th. So terrible but not terriblist.
A game after the international break and from now on we are a game a week

Today was a terrible result. There’s no other way of dressing it up. Our next two games are Man U and away to Everton. We haven’t beaten a side who were in the top 8 when we played them all season.
Jose lulling them into a false sense of security , he has been playing the long game . Imagine there surprise when he proves being a useless waste of space for 4 years was all an act.

I know it has likely been addressed in this thread, if not others, but holy crap is Liverpool's run in super easy.

They could easily win every game and only have one "tough" game and it isn't even that tough, Man U. I know they have struggled against bad teams this year so they could lose any game, but it is tough to see us matching them over the last 8 games.

I guess we hope they go on a run to the CL final and lose that, hoping they drop focus on the PL because of that.

Spammers just about manage not to throw away a 3 goal lead for the second game running and are up to 4th after hanging on for a 2-3 win at Wolves. Out of all the sides in the hunt for 4th, Spammers have probably been the form side in 2021. They were 10th at the turn of the year.

I know it has likely been addressed in this thread, if not others, but holy crap is Liverpool's run in super easy.

They could easily win every game and only have one "tough" game and it isn't even that tough, Man U. I know they have struggled against bad teams this year so they could lose any game, but it is tough to see us matching them over the last 8 games.

I guess we hope they go on a run to the CL final and lose that, hoping they drop focus on the PL because of that.
Yep. Having watched them play on Saturday and us on Sunday i think its safe to say we're not finishing above them, probably not Chelsea and now West Ham are 3 pts above us. Everton can go above us with a win as well and have us at home. Think we're most likely finish 6th, 7th or possibly even 8th at this stage.

Problem for the Dippers this season though is it’s all the sides down at the bottom they’re dropping points to. They’ve lost at home to 3 of the bottom 6 - Fulham, Brighton and Burnley, drawn at home to second bottom West Brom and also drew away at Brighton and Fulham. That’s 15 dropped points from 6 games agsinst bottom 6.

Any of those positions should see jose sacked considering we only finished 6th last season regardless of we started. We had plenty of opportunities to get into top 4 but blew them sane as this season where we were actually top albeit after only 10 games. No progress just regression and playing style shite as league two team and a toxic manager.

Problem for the Dippers this season though is it’s all the sides down at the bottom they’re dropping points to. They’ve lost at home to 3 of the bottom 6 - Fulham, Brighton and Burnley, drawn at home to second bottom West Brom and also drew away at Brighton and Fulham. That’s 15 dropped points from 6 games agsinst bottom 6.

Sure but I have a hard time believing that those aren't just shit results rather than a structural part of their game that makes it so they can't beat them.

I also think that they look a lot better with Jota in there against teams that park the bus so with him back I think they work better than relying on Firmino who has been shit this year.

Hopefully it repeats itself, but looking at the schedule I find it hard to see how we get more points than they do, even with their poor record against lower sides this year.

Curious who people here would prefer between West Ham and Chelsea making top 4 if Spurs don't make it?
It’s not a particularly appetising thought but I’d probably go for Spammers. You’d never hear the end of it I know (a bit like the Boys of 86 finishing 3rd) but it would be a one season aberration and they’d probably go and get relegated next season.
Chavs miss out on Top 4, they might just go and fire Tuchel.

Curious who people here would prefer between West Ham and Chelsea making top 4 if Spurs don't make it?

WH

But I don't live in England and don't know a single WH fan so there is no banter for me to deal with, I could understand that it may be different for fans in London.

I am also not worried that it would lead to any sort of long term success for them. Their team is shit and I don't see them using the money wisely to build the team into a long lasting successful side.

This year has been one in which everything has gone right, my guess is with CL football next year they will be back to being a midtable team where they belong.

Plus watching the gloating from their moronic owners getting thrown back in their face when they go back to sucking for the next 80 years will be enjoyable as well.

Update on the 66 points Top 4 benchmark -

So it’s a massive game against United next week. Can’t lose game for Spurs after the points dropped this weekend. Then Everton after that. Minimum 4 points from next 2 games. I still want to have some faith in this team......... on paper still in this....

United need 6 points from 8 games. 0.75 PPG
Leicester need 10 points from 8 games. 1.25 PPG
West Ham 14 points from 8 games 1.75PPG
Chelsea 15 points from 8 games 1.88PPG
Everton 19 points from 9 games 2.11 PPG
Spurs 17 points from 8 games. 2.13 PPG
Liverpool 17 points from 8 games 2.13 PPG

Back
Top Bottom