Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our dire performances over the season, and the lack of wins against top half teams barely deserve 7th, let alone top 4. Funnily enough, without Man Utd's bizarre implosion for the 6-1 and that once a season "Jose Masterclass" against City in November* we'd be 11th. And that seems about the right place to be honest.

*33% possession, 4 shots vs 22.

Good result tonight. Everton drew with BHA.
Newcastle just hit a bit of form. 10 man Leeds just beat City away.
But you have to say that the Everton game really is must win.
OK, we lost but I was encouraged that we didn't lose because of feck ups and we put in a reasonable performance against the 2nd best team in England, unbeaten away for over a year.
The fat lady ain't sung yet.

OK, we lost but I was encouraged that we didn't lose because of feck ups and we put in a reasonable performance against the 2nd best team in England, unbeaten away for over a year.

oh here we go, the next “must win “ post. Then, when we inevitably drop points to Everton, it will be the next league game is the must win. Then the next. Just give it up mate ffs. This Spurs team under this gutless coward are a fucking shambles. We can’t defend a lead. We can’t win games. We don’t beat teams in the top half. We don’t take advantage of others misfortune. We are an absolute shambles of a team and we are not getting Top 4 or coming remotely close to it, 8th or 9th at best and it’s what we throughly deserve. Stop with this delusion mate, it’s embarrassing.

Jesus

We could lose our next 5 games 5-0 and you would still look on the bright side and be posting tables for our next must win game in our aim to finish 13th.

Jesus

We could lose our next 5 games 5-0 and you would still look on the bright side and be posting tables for our next must win game in our aim to finish 13th.
We're 7th, not 17th.
We are 7 points behind Leicester who are in 3rd and we have to play them.
We are not a team of mugs. We have great players and are well capable of putting a run together.
But if you and others want to wallow in misery-be my guest.
I am looking forward to the Everton game as I look forward to every game we play.

2Man Utd312763
3Leicester311856
4West Ham311255
5Chelsea311954
6Liverpool311652
7Tottenham311749
8Everton30348

We're 7th, not 17th.
We are 7 points behind Leicester who are in 3rd and we have to play them.
We are not a team of mugs. We have great players and are well capable of putting a run together.
But if you and others want to wallow in misery-be my guest.
I am looking forward to the Everton game as I look forward to every game we play.

2Man Utd312763
3Leicester311856
4West Ham311255
5Chelsea311954
6Liverpool311652
7Tottenham311749
8Everton30348

A sucker for misery and bordering on delusional. We are not a good team and we have proven that we never beat any team that’s actually any good. You keep on believing mate

Gonna stop ranting after this and just cry into my pillow of depression.

So many have said it already and seen it elsewhere how we are just lost and so disjointed with the club. I'm not someone who follows golf outside of the majors and I can honestly say I was more looking forward to the final day on Sunday of the masters than spurs vs united as I just knew what would happen. Haven't enjoyed watching us for ages now.

Daniel Levy has ruined this club and Jose has just made us realise what we had. It will always come back to Levy not backing Poch when we could've bought almost any player in the world. Should've seen it comimg when Mitchell left us, Levy is just not ready to give others control of spurs. He wants to control football decisions and all financial decisions and he is a businessman not a football man!

Imagine if we backed Poch after the finals, bought 3 or 4 World class players that he wanted? Look at this season, if we were playing anywhere near our peak under poch we would be right at the top with city.

Watching the best striker we've had week in week out try his best and were fucking around lucky to get top 6.
Watching Dele rot on the sidelines after the joy that man's bought us, barely getting a minute anymore because Jose has decided he's the high profile name he wants to single out. Dip in form just like most around him. You can't tell me if he played all season he wouldn't be in double figures between goals and assists.

There is so many issues with this club and truthfully I'm not over how Levy has ruined it all. Clearly need to let the frustration go but while he still sits there making the decisions to fix his fuck up I just can't let it go.

Danny Rose, fans laughed at in that documentary because of the way it was put together, clearly edited to put Rose in that poor light let's be honest. But he went into Jose and spoke his mind, as spurs oldest serving player, and he was laughed at. He said how can he perform if he plays once a month and the point he made was others are playing shit. It wasn't like we was doing well we were under performing and Rose spoke up about it. He's now finished in his career and can't imagine his motivation is high after being so embarrassed publicly. Dele now never plays and if he doesn't play well once in his short cameos you don't hear a word again for weeks.

Bale got into form, had a poor half against Woolwich like everyone else and has played hardly a game since.

Son everytime he gets the ball looks to go backwards now and his new contract isn't signed.

Levy ruined the soul of this club and Jose is slowly grinding down the players to a halt. Hence out display against our main rivals being the worst effort I've seen of any spurs team ever in a Derby.

Update on the 66 points benchmark

United need 3 points from 7 games 0.43PPG
Leicester need 10 points from 9 games. 1.43 PPG
West Ham 11 points from 7 games 1.57 PPG
Chelsea 12 points from 7 games 1.71 PPG
Liverpool 14 points from 7 games 2 PPG
Everton 18 points from 8 games 2.25 PPG
Spurs 17 points from 7 games. 2.43 PPG

Even when top after 12 games we couldn’t hit 2.43 25 points from 11 gave us 2.27 points a game. City are currently around 2.31 PPG.

On the plus point next game Everton are the 14th best team at home. Spurs 7th best away. (Let’s not mention the Top 10 head to head table.)

So maybe first Friday night out of lockdown will be a positive one.
Crazy thing is we could be 1 point behind Leicester before they play again. It’s the hope that keeps us coming back for more football punishment.

In the meantime West Ham carry on being consistent but I wouldn’t want to bet any money on the final Top 4 right now. 2 teams with British managers? 2 teams from London? 2 teams beginning with L. Fuck knows.

Another sign of this mental season........Over the last 17 games who is the 4th best team?? Woolwich.... unfuckingbelievable

Damon Wayans Jr What GIF

Gonna stop ranting after this and just cry into my pillow of depression.

So many have said it already and seen it elsewhere how we are just lost and so disjointed with the club. I'm not someone who follows golf outside of the majors and I can honestly say I was more looking forward to the final day on Sunday of the masters than spurs vs united as I just knew what would happen. Haven't enjoyed watching us for ages now.

Daniel Levy has ruined this club and Jose has just made us realise what we had. It will always come back to Levy not backing Poch when we could've bought almost any player in the world. Should've seen it comimg when Mitchell left us, Levy is just not ready to give others control of spurs. He wants to control football decisions and all financial decisions and he is a businessman not a football man!

Imagine if we backed Poch after the finals, bought 3 or 4 World class players that he wanted? Look at this season, if we were playing anywhere near our peak under poch we would be right at the top with city.

Watching the best striker we've had week in week out try his best and were fucking around lucky to get top 6.
Watching Dele rot on the sidelines after the joy that man's bought us, barely getting a minute anymore because Jose has decided he's the high profile name he wants to single out. Dip in form just like most around him. You can't tell me if he played all season he wouldn't be in double figures between goals and assists.

There is so many issues with this club and truthfully I'm not over how Levy has ruined it all. Clearly need to let the frustration go but while he still sits there making the decisions to fix his fuck up I just can't let it go.

Danny Rose, fans laughed at in that documentary because of the way it was put together, clearly edited to put Rose in that poor light let's be honest. But he went into Jose and spoke his mind, as spurs oldest serving player, and he was laughed at. He said how can he perform if he plays once a month and the point he made was others are playing shit. It wasn't like we was doing well we were under performing and Rose spoke up about it. He's now finished in his career and can't imagine his motivation is high after being so embarrassed publicly. Dele now never plays and if he doesn't play well once in his short cameos you don't hear a word again for weeks.

Bale got into form, had a poor half against Woolwich like everyone else and has played hardly a game since.

Son everytime he gets the ball looks to go backwards now and his new contract isn't signed.

Levy ruined the soul of this club and Jose is slowly grinding down the players to a halt. Hence out display against our main rivals being the worst effort I've seen of any spurs team ever in a Derby.
Super post. Bravo

Crazy that we could easily still finish 3rd.

Will we? Not a chance in a hell.

I'd take 5th in a heartbeat right now.
Champions league or NO Europe for me.
A part of our many many problems this season is clearly too many games and too much travel.
More games than anyone in Europe. One of the biggest names in world football having to play qualifiers in fuckinhg July. Fuck that shit.
Either straight to the group or don't bother with it.

A part of our many many problems this season is clearly too many games and too much travel.
More games than anyone in Europe. One of the biggest names in world football having to play qualifiers in fuckinhg July. Fuck that shit.
Well next season if we are in Europa it is straight to group stage and if the new ECL it is just 1 qualifier before group stage.

Would rather be in it than not, even if just for the trips to places I would never visit otherwise.

Also our players have played nowhere near the most football this season. Due to the easy cup draws we were able to play reserve sides and still get through, whereas Champions League teams had to go full strength. Take Man Utd, Their main players have all played more than any of ours, Maguire has played equivalent of 7 more matches than any of our players.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I want a new manager actually coaching our (hopefully by next season) younger team. As for that 3rd tier Euro competition, bloody hell.
It'll be more embarassing being in that than out of Europe completely.

Well next season if we are in Europa it is straight to group stage and if the new ECL it is just 1 qualifier before group stage.

Would rather be in it than not, even if just for the trips to places I would never visit otherwise.

Also our players have played nowhere near the most football this season. Due to the easy cup draws we were able to play reserve sides and still get through, whereas Champions League teams had to go full strength. Take Man Utd, Their main players have all played more than any of ours, Maguire has played equivalent of 7 more matches than any of our players.

We didn't play reserves in a lot of games. We may not have played the absolute best 11, but even players that didn't play, travelled to the arse end of nowhere.
I bet some of those arse ends of nowhere are painful to get to, multiple flights and change overs, even with chartered travel.

I bet some of those arse ends of nowhere are painful to get to, multiple flights and change overs, even with chartered travel.
Take it you don't understand the concept of chartered travel then within Europe ?

I have flown with the team before to an arse end of Europe game, one which was difficult to get to for fans, so spent a bit, believe me it is no hardship.

Last edited:
Take it you don't understand the concept of chartered travel then within Europe ?

I have flown with the team before to an arse end of Europe game, believe me it is no hardship.
You probably didn't have to play football straight after it, then fly back to the UK and play football again a few days later.
And pub leagues don't count.

Back
Top Bottom