Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea

The extra money you get for CL, won't make much difference to them.
The difference it would make to West Ham would be big.

Would prefer Liverpool over both anyway.

To get Top 4

Man City no offers
Man Utd 1/33
Leicester 1/3
Liverpool evens
Chelsea evens
West Ham 3/1
Tottenham 5/1

Poor weekend for us, despite whatever Sudoku had been smoking, we have drifted in this market

Last edited:
Chelsea

The extra money you get for CL, won't make much difference to them.
The difference it would make to West Ham would be big.

I don't see this. They have too many holes and not enough smarts to use that money effectively.

Maybe it would mean they could keep Rice for another year but that is about it.

WH will be a non-threat next year whether they get CL money or not.

Dippers with a 91st minute come from behind winner agsinst Aston Villa and Chavs 0-2 up at Selhurst Park after 10 minutes.

Great.

Dippers with a 91st minute come from behind winner agsinst Aston Villa and Chavs 0-2 up at Selhurst Park after 10 minutes.

Great.
With results today there is no chance. In reality it started to go in that 3 game spell of Liverpool, Brighton, Chelsea and we should have changed manager then to give ourselves a chance. Because of others failings we had yet another chance last week and obviously blew that as well. Pretty much gave up on top 4 then, you only get so many chances. We'll be 6th at best.

Last edited:

Great.
We aren’t finishing in the top 4, our results, form and momentum are clipped. Nothing makes me think we can win six or seven other than Kane

Blew it too many times this season unfortunately. Mourinho / players have bottled it or not done enough when it’s mattered. Chavs 3-0 they arnt sitting on it. Pool kept going v villa and Leeds even with 10 men kept trying to play.
To look at all these teams and the way they play compared to the shite we are served up is really frustrating.

To add top 6 is gonna be a struggle unless we pull our shit together and other results go our way. If we end up outside top 6 Kane will defo be off and mourinho will be gone as well. He will have been an unmitigated disaster and prbly one of our worst managers of recent times. Basically he will be seen as the manager that led to Kane leaving. All he to do was match what that failure , according to some, of a manager we had previously and his failed miserably so far.

With this cunt manager and crap player buying policy top 4 was way beyond but a fantasy.
Maybe we can glory in top 6 Mourinho mega Euro league celebration if we are lucky.

Far to many chances we have had and far too many times we have fucked it. Chelsea and Westham won’t keep dropping points and neither will Liverpool. All 3 will come above us easily. We are the biggest bunch of bottling shit cunts on the planet

Basically he will be seen as the manager that led to Kane leaving.
Maybe, but I think it's only fair to say probably also a reason Kane was happy to stay after Poch left.

I'm sure Kane bought into the idea that Mourinho would bring the winning formula and silverware. That's where I have sympathy for Levy - he no doubt felt he had to do something to impress the likes of Kane, Son, Eriksen, and a young manager may not have done it.

It has proved a disastrous appointment though, and once that's clear, it's best not to wait to move on.

As for Harry, he's understandbly fed up, but he's on a long contract. Very hard to see a scenario where Levy sells this summer.

Other than MC I do not think there was much between the other clubs contesting the top 4. The dropped points after leading have killed us. Why is it only Kane that will leave if no CL. What about Lingard and Rice leaving Spammers, Grealish, Villa, Salah, Liverpool if The Manchester clubs, Leicester and Chelsea get top 4 spots.

Other than MC I do not think there was much between the other clubs contesting the top 4. The dropped points after leading have killed us. Why is it only Kane that will leave if no CL. What about Lingard and Rice leaving Spammers, Grealish, Villa, Salah, Liverpool if The Manchester clubs, Leicester and Chelsea get top 4 spots.

It isn't only Kane, that is just a BS narrative spun by fragile Spurs who think everyone is against them.

Rice and Grealish have been talked leaving for a long time and will likely continue to be linked away even moreso than Kane ever is.

Lingard is on loan so not sure why people wouldn't talk about his future but also isn't really good enough to be a regular for most big clubs. It seems he has found his fit at a lesser club so he should be doing what he can to stay at that level rather than going back to a bigger clubs where he is beat out by better players.

My guess is there will be some Salah and Mane rumbling but considering that Liverpools season has been largely thrown off by injuries and the success that they have recently had most players are willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt rather than look to jump ship right away.

Let’s be honest all of Chelsea, Liverpool and Westham are better than us. I would even throw Everton in there because in the end, I reckon we will finish below them too. We just ain’t a good side and with our defence, we have literally no chance tomorrow.

Let’s be honest all of Chelsea, Liverpool and Westham are better than us. I would even throw Everton in there because in the end, I reckon we will finish below them too. We just ain’t a good side and with our defence, we have literally no chance tomorrow.

I would disagree with one of those teams, but I don't want a horse head in my bed tomorrow.

:auriergrin:

It isn't only Kane, that is just a BS narrative spun by fragile Spurs who think everyone is against them.

Rice and Grealish have been talked leaving for a long time and will likely continue to be linked away even moreso than Kane ever is.

Lingard is on loan so not sure why people wouldn't talk about his future but also isn't really good enough to be a regular for most big clubs. It seems he has found his fit at a lesser club so he should be doing what he can to stay at that level rather than going back to a bigger clubs where he is beat out by better players.

My guess is there will be some Salah and Mane rumbling but considering that Liverpools season has been largely thrown off by injuries and the success that they have recently had most players are willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt rather than look to jump ship right away.

Yeah all those players have some speculation around them. I think as Spurs fans anything you read online will be targeted around Spurs players.

But Harry at 28 and with Spurs regression in terms of league position and CL participation and now his own actual refusal to stop any speculation is just fanning the media flames.

But he’s under a massive contract so we hold the keys. Whatever speculation is out there.

The way him and Hugo have talked recently is a damming assessment of what’s going behind closed doors and it’s giving the media a story.

I hate Leicester so much I’m actually congratulating West Ham today. Is David Moyes turning into the man SAF believed he was? Not watching the game just seen the score.

It’s brilliant that Leicester beneath it all are still the second division club I know with 6k fans.

Spiralling out of the Top 4 race again. Lovely to see. United Chelsea Spurs their last 3 games. God that could go so badly for them:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom