Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to create the right conditions as in environment for our youngsters.

Sessegnon has quality but does he possess the mentality and belief? He certainly would flounder under the current regime.

To be honest pretty much anyone would.

We certainly can't give up on him, we invested an insane amount of money in him.

Hopefully he has a good pre-season under a new manager and can offer something to the team. I'm sure he's hungry for another crack in the PL and if we are in Europa next season then there will be lots of matches for him.

I really like Sessegnon. Young, English, hungry to succeed. He should really be competing with Reguillon next season in a LWB role. Davies can be shifted to a LCB in a 3.

3 at the back is the way forward for me considering we can't defend.. It gives us more stability and allows the likes of Reguillon to do what he does best... bomb forward.

--------------------------Hugo-------------------------------
---------- Andersen----- ?------- - Davies---------------
---Cash------------------------------------ Reggie/Sess
----------------------Hojbjerg-------------------------------
-------------Sabitzer ----------Tanguy-----------------------
-----------------------Son -Kane-----------------------------

I really like Sessegnon. Young, English, hungry to succeed. He should really be competing with Reguillon next season in a LWB role. Davies can be shifted to a LCB in a 3.

3 at the back is the way forward for me considering we can't defend.. It gives us more stability and allows the likes of Reguillon to do what he does best... bomb forward.

And where is Oliver Skipp?!

You think the solution to our problems is to start Ben Davies????

To justify replacing Davies with Sessegnon he would really have had to stand out while out on loan in a way that Skipp has, making it an easy decision to move Winks along. He looks like he's understanding more the role of a fullback but aother loan might still be a better option. Depends on the manager we bring in I guess.

You think the solution to our problems is to start Ben Davies????
Yeah as a CB as the clowns we have back there right now aren't exactly doing a good job are they you absolute weapon???????????

unless we're gonna sign 3 CB's this summer???? I think not.

Ben is a ready professional who barely makes mistakes and does his job. Just because he isn't banging goals in doesn't make him half the problem.

To justify replacing Davies with Sessegnon he would really have had to stand out while out on loan in a way that Skipp has, making it an easy decision to move Winks along. He looks like he's understanding more the role of a fullback but aother loan might still be a better option. Depends on the manager we bring in I guess.
i'm not on about replacing him, i'm moving him LCB to give us something we don't have.. a left footed CB. Which then allows us to play to our strengths with wing backs getting forward.

Agree with Skipp replacing Winks, but he's not gonna drop straight back into the starting 11 either lets be honest.

Yeah as a CB as the clowns we have back there right now aren't exactly doing a good job are they you absolute weapon???????????

unless we're gonna sign 3 CB's this summer???? I think not.

Ben is a ready professional who barely makes mistakes and does his job. Just because he isn't banging goals in doesn't make him half the problem.

The bolded part is not true at all. There is a myth that Ben is steady defensively but it is largely based on the fact he is so poor in attack that people think he is therefore strong defensively. But he has repeatedly shown that he can't handle PL players defensively.

Now he is likely better as a CB in a back 3 than a LB, but we should be replacing Davies in the squad not moving him into the starting 11.

I am not a fan of 3 at the back anyways, especially when we are struggling to field competent CB's outside of Toby who is likely to start aging out of being effective.

The bolded part is not true at all. There is a myth that Ben is steady defensively but it is largely based on the fact he is so poor in attack that people think he is therefore strong defensively. But he has repeatedly shown that he can't handle PL players defensively.

Now he is likely better as a CB in a back 3 than a LB, but we should be replacing Davies in the squad not moving him into the starting 11.

I am not a fan of 3 at the back anyways, especially when we are struggling to field competent CB's outside of Toby who is likely to start aging out of being effective.
He is only being made viable because he is surrounded by utter utter incompetence.
We need so much better than all involved.

A way to go but still think he'll be a top LB and it would be madness to get rid or give up on the lad. Still 20. Smart footballer, v good pass and interplay, overlapping runs, great back post finisher and shooting from left hand side of box to far corner. Defending improving so much this season, seems to take it seriously.

Doesn't have the skill to take on full backs as a LW and doesn't have the variety of shooting technique to cut in from RW. Offer Ben Davies around to make up transfer funds imo.

Or at least get him on another loan next season so he gets playing time to develop. Rose benefited from that in his early 20s.

A way to go but still think he'll be a top LB and it would be madness to get rid or give up on the lad. Still 20. Smart footballer, v good pass and interplay, overlapping runs, great back post finisher and shooting from left hand side of box to far corner. Defending improving so much this season, seems to take it seriously.

Doesn't have the skill to take on full backs as a LW and doesn't have the variety of shooting technique to cut in from RW. Offer Ben Davies around to make up transfer funds imo.

If we get Potter, which obviously I am all for, he will turn Ryan into a great LWB. Solly March has been out with an injury for months now, but earlier this year he was probably their POY.

Just noticed that yesterday he played as LB in a back 4 vs RB Leipzig, and Hoffenheim kept a clean sheet. He wasn't subbed off despite Hoff making 4 subs.

Anyone watch the match and know how he played?
Played well enough. Mostly a defensive performance. It's been a a good loan for him, pity about the injury layoff. Much like Skipp he's become far more physically impressive this last 7/8 months

We need to create the right conditions as in environment for our youngsters.

Sessegnon has quality but does he possess the mentality and belief? He certainly would flounder under the current regime.

To be honest pretty much anyone would.

This is the biggest problem with Mourinho, more so than the tactics or anything. He doesn't build players up. If you play well, he plays you. If you don't, he doesn't. (With the exception of all the bang average players he falls in love with and starts all the time). If he doesn't play you, he completely ignores you. Young players need teaching, they need support and backing during those crises of confidence they will have. Mourinho just expects all this to come from the player when in fact this a major role of the coach. Imo its why he hasn't lasted anywhere. There is nothing wrong with his tactics in isolation, even in the modern game despite all the criticism. It's his player management that is completely out of touch.

Back
Top Bottom