Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon will get another chance.

Let's see. I thought he would be a good signing but the hamstring injury and adjusting has been hard

He has quality in my opinion but the same can be said for many players who have not made it at the very top level.

Sessegnon will get another chance.

Let's see. I thought he would be a good signing but the hamstring injury and adjusting has been hard

He has quality in my opinion but the same can be said for many players who have not made it at the very top level.

I admittedly have seen only the highlights of Sess while over in Germany. They are few and far between, but he seems to be a decent piece in the side.

Come this offseason, I see zero chance of us getting rid of Ryan. We are invested over the term of his contract and I imagine we see what he does in the summer and then probably loan him out again. It would have to be at a side where he is almost certainly the first choice, so maybe a championship loan or a newly promoted side in the PL. But if he isn't getting minutes then he might as well be a part of our squad and count towards HG? Is he old enough?

I hope he develops some defensive awareness cause he has every tool to get capped for England in that LB role. He has a nice left peg on him and kind of reminds me of BAE in terms of the way they run and cut under the ball to play these lofted curlers.

Ryan Sessegnon got his first start under his belt since returning from a thigh injury that saw him miss seven Bundesliga matches for Hoffenheim.

The 20-year-old is steadily increasing his minutes, having appeared in the past four matches, and got 59 minutes at left wing-back as Hoffenheim lost 2-0 at Stuttgart.

I think we forget how young he is. I still have hope that he can be an important player for us, but he needs to be given the opportunities, and maybe bulk up a bit; from memory he looked as if he needed a good meal inside him.
Better he came to mine rather than yours then?

only kidding 😝

Some up to date statistics for the season :

Bundesliga - 17 appearances including 11 starts total 1,081 minutes, (includes 2 goals 2 assists)

Europa League - 5 appearances including 3 starts, total 248 minutes

DFB Cup - 1 start, 120 minutes.

Total - 23 appearances including 15 starts total 1,447 minutes (= 16 game equivalents), including 2 goals & 2 assists

Have you watched anything of Sess this season? Or are you too busy watching WHU's reserve games?
Say something nice about a Spurs player. Go on, any player from all the Spurs games you have ever watched.

He doesn't say anything positive about any Spurs player ever. I'm convinced he's Chelsea. I earned a yellow card trying to out him. He's a cool customer though, nothing can distract him from his endless negativity.

A way to go but still think he'll be a top LB and it would be madness to get rid or give up on the lad. Still 20. Smart footballer, v good pass and interplay, overlapping runs, great back post finisher and shooting from left hand side of box to far corner. Defending improving so much this season, seems to take it seriously.

Doesn't have the skill to take on full backs as a LW and doesn't have the variety of shooting technique to cut in from RW. Offer Ben Davies around to make up transfer funds imo.

Back
Top Bottom