Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's one player that this manager will never get anything from. Jose would never start him at left-back and i don't think he'd play him as a winger ahead of Son/Lucas etc.

Potential is there with him but he definitely needs a different manager.

He's one player that this manager will never get anything from. Jose would never start him at left-back and i don't think he'd play him as a winger ahead of Son/Lucas etc.

I know I do, I’m not even in the squad.
Maybe everyone should think how there job would be going if Jose was the boss where they worked.

Could you pass me the sta

I know I do, I’m not even in the squad.
Maybe everyone should think how there job would be going if Jose was the boss where they worked.

Could you pass me the sta
Me. Could you pass me the stapler please?

Jose. OK but go long , no longer than that, longer still,

Jose. Why did you not catch it

Me. You threw it nowhere near me

Jose Are you saying it was my fault, it’s never my fault. You must now clean toilets for 5 years

He played LWB or LB about 10 times under Jose last season.

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that he comes back and is a like for like replacement for Reguilon.

Theres likely a reason we sent him to a club who plays him LWB

Last edited:
He played LWB or LB about 10 times under Jose last season.

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that he comes back and is a like for like replacement for Reguilon.

Theres likely a reason we went him to a club who plays him LWB
Jose was quite open with how he saw Ryan as a LB/LWB last season. But that he lacked some physical presence in his game. Which is why he spent the summer adding some muscle mass to his frame and now he's on loan to get the experience.

Surely he can get ahead of bloody Ben Davies. Hope he comes back a more aggressive and confident player.
He literally cannot be worse than Lucas, hopefully he is with us next season.

Well, I have been defending Ben Davies in many occasions. As he has been generally ever-present hard worker who never complained about being back-up. But his recent form has been really bad and I can't defend him anymore (well, quite like he himself :D :D ) .

Though would not send him away quite yet - I think with him we can give Sess time to settle in before moving on the current option.

But what concerns Moura... my god... never even considered it like this. When we could have alternative either to have
- almost 29 Brazilian with awful 1st touch whose biggest advantage is that "he runs a lot"
or
- almost 21 HG player who is cleaver (but might have to work on his workrate and physique) and has career still ahead of him

I don't think for a second who I would prefer!

Actually coming to think of it like this - if he replace Moura with Sessegnon and Sissoko with Skipp... we would have 2 extremely limited and ageing foreign players off the wage bill, 2 additional young HG players + bit of cash from selling former(s) them to reinvest... (say get Sarbitzer, meaning we could potentially have MF of Hjojberg, Ndombele, Skipp, Sarbitzer, Lo Celso + Winks as last resort option)... then our squad starts to look bit better already!!

Its amusing how you come up with this make believe scenario.

FYI, up front, Mourinho, likes to play with a LWF (Son) on one side and a RM (Bergwijn) on the other. The LB (Reguilon) behind the LWF is usually more offensive than the RB on the other side, and is more of a LWB. He had Marcelo playing in that role at Madrid, and Marcelo is probably worse defensively than Sessegnon.

Also, it was confirmed that Mourinho has been keeping watch and in contact with Ryan. Why would Mourinho invest much in a player if he sees no future for him in his team.

It is more likely that Sessegnon will be our backup LB next season behind Reguilon and ahead of Davies

Its amusing how you come up with this make believe scenario.

FYI, up front, Mourinho, likes to play with a LWF (Son) on one side and a RM (Bergwijn) on the other. The LB (Reguilon) behind the LWF is usually more offensive than the RB on the other side, and is more of a LWB. He had Marcelo playing in that role at Madrid, and Marcelo is probably worse defensively than Sessegnon.

Also, it was confirmed that Mourinho has been keeping watch and in contact with Ryan. Why would Mourinho invest much in a player if he sees no future for him in his team.

It is more likely that Sessegnon will be our backup LB next season behind Reguilon and ahead of Davies
Ok, fair enough time will tell. I like Sess but my opinion is he'll do fuck all if this manager is still here next season. Hopefully he won't be though.

Ok, fair enough time will tell. I like Sess but my opinion is he'll do fuck all if this manager is still here next season. Hopefully he won't be though.
My opinion is that Mourinho manages the growth of players he likes well enough and is usually frank enough to let a player know if he is not wanted ( and for all his ego, is willing to be convinced otherwise).

I think it's more important for young players to get extensive minutes and thus prefer a player goes on loan where he will be a starter and not just sitting on the bench with the first team.

If winks had gone out on loan he might have developed into a better player.

My opinion is that Mourinho manages the growth of players he likes well enough and is usually frank enough to let a player know if he is not wanted ( and for all his ego, is willing to be convinced otherwise).

I think it's more important for young players to get extensive minutes and thus prefer a player goes on loan where he will be a starter and not just sitting on the bench with the first team.

If winks had gone out on loan he might have developed into a better player.
I think that the system that we seem to have now, with youngsters around 16- just turned 18 that are good enough training with the first team, to then go out on loan after 6 months - a year will work for us. At least I hope that it will.

You give them about a year to get used to training with and being around a first team, and then they get to go out on loan and get minutes. Players that impress on loan will hopefully return and contribute to the first team, or at worst earn us a decent bit of money.

It benefits the first team, benefits the youths and can benefit our wallet.

Last edited:
I think that the system that we seem to have now, with youngsters around 16- just turned 18 that are good enough training with the first team, to then go out on loan after 6 months - a year will work for us. At least I hope that it will.

You give them about a year to get used to training with and being around a first team, and then they get to go out on loan and get minutes. Players that impress on loan will hopefully return and contribute to the first team, or at worst earn us a decent bit of money.

It benefits the first team, benefits the youths and can benefit our wallet.
That's the system Madrid uses, with the addition of the buyback clause for those that aren't fully ready or can't break into the current squad

Returned from injury last night when he was subbed on late in Hoffenheim's game against Bremen. Slotting in at right back to ride out the game.

He was involved in Hoffenheim's fourth goal. But the highlights do not include his fantastic last ditch block of what was a sure fire goal for Bremen. Which was essentially the first thing he did on the pitch.

Vejlkovic started in the Bremen defence but went off injured. And Freund was on commentary to complete the Tottenham connections to this game.

Returned from injury last night when he was subbed on late in Hoffenheim's game against Bremen. Slotting in at right back to ride out the game.

He was involved in Hoffenheim's fourth goal. But the highlights do not include his fantastic last ditch block of what was a sure fire goal for Bremen. Which was essentially the first thing he did on the pitch.

Vejlkovic started in the Bremen defence but went off injured. And Freund was on commentary to complete the Tottenham connections to this game.

Back
Top Bottom