Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The interim coaches care about the club and care about the players. They want Tottenham to win because they love Tottenham. In the situation we are in, that's what we need.

Hugo was talking about how the team wasn't together anymore, well lads like Ryan and Michel will bring them together again. Even if it's only short term, the squad has to come together and restore some pride. You'd rather go into battle with your friends than with some horrible old cunt and his annoying underlings, wouldn't you?

The interim coaches care about the club and care about the players. They want Tottenham to win because they love Tottenham. In the situation we are in, that's what we need.

Hugo was talking about how the team wasn't together anymore, well lads like Ryan and Michel will bring them together again. Even if it's only short term, the squad has to come together and restore some pride. You'd rather go into battle with your friends than with some horrible old cunt and his annoying underlings, wouldn't you?
Agreed. The prime objective now must surely be to start repairing the damage done by the outgoing leadership. To get the players to believe in themselves again. To play with passion and pride. To be positive and take risks again.

Start there. Everything else can follow, in time.

We should bring in Spurs managers that have "passion" and "love" for the club and all them adjectives.

Ughhh just like Ardiles he was a good manager right guys?

Guys?

For the immediate/short term it’s what this group of players need. That’s clear to anyone with a brain, so shove your petulant whining up your bum.

I like Mason. I know sod all about Chris Powell (outside his Charlton days). What’s Vorm’s contribution going to be - how to Chuck the ball into your own net in an FA Cup setting.

that these guys are representing the coaching team of one of the top 10 clubs in the world is head scratching.

the romantic side of Mason not losing a game and being a hero is compelling.

the realistic side of Levy writing off another season and remaining 6 games and somehow being in a situation again where there is no contingency planning is yet more reason why I wish ENIC would learn some lessons or bloody well go.

We should bring in Spurs managers that have "passion" and "love" for the club and all them adjectives.

Ughhh just like Ardiles he was a good manager right guys?

Guys?

These guys are just interim, they are only here for a few matches. We saw with Sherwood that a change in atmosphere combined with bringing in a big player from the cold (Adebayor vs Dele/Bale) can make a big impact. Doesn't mean Sherwood should be given the job.

These guys are just interim, they are only here for a few matches. We saw with Sherwood that a change in atmosphere combined with bringing in a big player from the cold (Adebayor vs Dele/Bale) can make a big impact. Doesn't mean Sherwood should be given the job.
Look at the first few pages of the Poch thread you'd be surprised how many wanted to stick with tactics Tim.

I like Mason. I know sod all about Chris Powell (outside his Charlton days). What’s Vorm’s contribution going to be - how to Chuck the ball into your own net in an FA Cup setting.

that these guys are representing the coaching team of one of the top 10 clubs in the world is head scratching.

the romantic side of Mason not losing a game and being a hero is compelling.

the realistic side of Levy writing off another season and remaining 6 games and somehow being in a situation again where there is no contingency planning is yet more reason why I wish ENIC would learn some lessons or bloody well go.
Obviously our main targets are not available right now.

The season was a complete write off anyway. May as well have a bit of fun until the summer.

To be honest I would have preferred Redknapp to step back in as interim manager.

Feelgood kind of manager, but has seen lot of thick and thin with us. Surely not the top manager to build a squad for upcoming seasons, but maybe would be able to pull some interesting tricks from his sleeve and motivate few players. Only so few games to go as well.

I think Mason is decent bloke and Spurs fan as well. Just that I remember him as a player. In this role he was working and running a lot. But I don't recall that reading the game and being very cleaver / taking advantage of opposition weak points to be his strenghts really...

BUT I support the decision to boot Mou and give... pretty much anyone else a try... so let's hope for the best!

You don't have to be older than people to have their respect. Ryan is well liked around the club and I'm sure our players will give their all for him just for as long as he's in charge.

I and nobody should expect tactical masterclasses from him. Hopefully we just see the shackles taken off a little but and we actually look to win games from the off, instead of just hoping things fall our way.

Back
Top Bottom