Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's making the right noises. I know this was a few years ago but what he has said is what I'm expecting from Ryan.

Give the players confidence, don't throw them under the bus, don't make them scared of making mistakes, sort out disagreements behind closed doors.

I've just been chatting to my mate who worked with Ryan with the U18s, and he basically said the same thing.

We were both really pleased for him, one thing you can guarantee is that he will be passionate and make the players aware of what it means for the fans. That's the minimum I expect from professionals.

The intricacies of tactics are neither here nor there for me. The players are good enough if they can be motivated. A lot of the shit we have seen recently is because the players have been unmotivated.

Got that buzzed feeling back, can't wait for the Southampton game now.

Ryan will get respect. Kane is his best mate, just through that he will get respect from the other players.

If Kane backs Ryan the other players will fall in line.

Chris Powell is also there. I'm looking forward to the attitude of the players on Wednesday. Think they will be fired up.
Wasn't there a story that it was Kane and Mason that really threw themselves behind what Poch wanted to do and backed him against a small senior group of spoilers led by the disgruntled kaboul and Adebayor. He was apparently very involved in getting the team to back Pochettino. If so we owe him even more than most know. Good luck Ryan and Chris I feels so much better about my team.

He's making the right noises. I know this was a few years ago but what he has said is what I'm expecting from Ryan.

Give the players confidence, don't throw them under the bus, don't make them scared of making mistakes, sort out disagreements behind closed doors.

I've just been chatting to my mate who worked with Ryan with the U18s, and he basically said the same thing.

We were both really pleased for him, one thing you can guarantee is that he will be passionate and make the players aware of what it means for the fans. That's the minimum I expect from professionals.

The intricacies of tactics are neither here nor there for me. The players are good enough if they can be motivated. A lot of the shit we have seen recently is because the players have been unmotivated.

Got that buzzed feeling back, can't wait for the Southampton game now.
Just imagine if we win the remainder, get into the CL and come home with a trophy. What scenes.

But honestly, if these players have any bottle in them, they won't roll out and play a match as it sounds the majority are opposed to this move.

Fuck these uber rich twats. Send them all to San Quinten.

Nothing against him at all but I can't imagine Levy letting Mason pit his wits against Pep on Sunday. Surely Redknapp or maybe Sherwood get given caretaker duties before then?

Wasn't there a story that it was Kane and Mason that really threw themselves behind what Poch wanted to do and backed him against a small senior group of spoilers led by the disgruntled kaboul and Adebayor. He was apparently very involved in getting the team to back Pochettino. If so we owe him even more than most know. Good luck Ryan and Chris I feels so much better about my team.
Yes, Poch allowed Ryan to do his coaching badges with us.

There is a good relationship between Poch and Ryan. Even though he eventually moved in to Hull etc.

Sure did. Some skills he'll need to dust off to get this squad humming in a short time.

Poch had this to say on him:

"I cannot lie, I cannot keep a secret -- he is special," Pochettino said. "I feel when he took the decision to move to Hull it was a very tough moment for me.

"It was very difficult but you know that is football. We can split now but I think always the love that will always be there, impossible to ... you can split physically but the emotion you keep inside always."

Agreed, I'm very glad he's on the coaching staff. But he's 29 years old with no management experience ahead of a cup final. What a mess. (that we've got to a cup final with an emergency caretaker)
I wouldn't be half surprised if he actually does well though.

Knows the players, knows the club and the expected playing style.
On paper, has been handed a incredibly talented squad, and maybe the fact he's so young can be advantageous.
He's going to listen to senior players who he trusts because they have the experience and I'm sure that there will be input from certain players about squad selection.
He'll criticise himself and then the team if things go tits up, but I doubt he'll ever try and single a player out like Jose. If he's smart and sees the opportunity he's going to learn from the criticism and adapt from it, not throw a temper tantrum.

most importantly I think the fact that he's friends with half the squad is probably going to be incredibly beneficial. Won't be surprised to see players running over to him and celebrating together.

There's a huge chance that this experiment also yields a new type of football team, one where a democratic style involvement of the squad exists.

I wouldn't be half surprised if he actually does well though.

Knows the players, knows the club and the expected playing style.
On paper, has been handed a incredibly talented squad, and maybe the fact he's so young can be advantageous.
He's going to listen to senior players who he trusts because they have the experience and I'm sure that there will be input from certain players about squad selection.
He'll criticise himself and then the team if things go tits up, but I doubt he'll ever try and single a player out like Jose. If he's smart and sees the opportunity he's going to learn from the criticism and adapt from it, not throw a temper tantrum.

most importantly I think the fact that he's friends with half the squad is probably going to be incredibly beneficial. Won't be surprised to see players running over to him and celebrating together.

There's a huge chance that this experiment also yields a new type of football team, one where a democratic style involvement of the squad exists.

Our winning odds wouldn't be any higher regardless of who we hire now, why not give Ryan a chance? Will prefer one of our loyal old boys like Ryan, King, rather than waste big money for a stop gap.

Would so love Ryan or King winning the cup for us. It will be emotionally overwhelming and so incredible for the fans.

Nothing against him at all but I can't imagine Levy letting Mason pit his wits against Pep on Sunday. Surely Redknapp or maybe Sherwood get given caretaker duties before then?
There is a chance something like this will happen. We haven't gotten actual confirmation that Mason is the interim coach. Only that he is handling training right now.

The lack of an apostrophe is annoying me more than it should...

zovB2ku.jpg

Back
Top Bottom