European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
I couldn't care less either way now, everyone involved is only acting out of self interest anyway.

Sky already done a breakaway league and built a multi billion pound tv subscription service around it moving around games to suit themselves and never the fans and are salty because they haven't been guaranteed rights to the super league

UEFA and FIFA decades of corruption and self gain fuelled by immoral and illegal actions , would happily bless this league if they were getting a cut

The premier League, happily authorised the sale of clubs to highly questionable billionaires you reap what you sow

FA happily forgot their purity when they urged Man U to boycott the Fa cup as champions to go and play a lucrative expanded club world Cup in 2000

Clubs

Everton, more than happy to break FFP rules to gain their own advantage over the last 4 years now salty because they've been snubbed

Aston Villa - happy enough to become the man city of the championship and spend way beyond their means to get to and stay in the premier League now salty because they've been snubbed

West Ham, happy to benefit from an illegally registered player to stay up, happy to have 100's of millions of taxpayers money build convert and almost entirely subsidise their stadium (both fans and owners) vocally request the premier League to be declared null and void for Corona virus last year when they thought they'd be relegated now suddenly virtuous for the fans establishment, fuck off.

Leeds lol go tell it to the amount of companies you left bankrupt when you went bust

Wolves cheating with massive financial doping and insider information since they were taken over.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with these cunts, a bit of time researching you could go on for days.

That's all true BUT we would be the biggest cunts of them all should we take part in this farcical league.

Let's be honest. If America is involved, you can be sure that any final vestiges of integrity will be lost in the quest for profits.
Apologies to our American supporters who love our team from afar but let's face it, the yanks spoil just about everything they get involved with.
Our beautiful language. McDonalds spoiling our high streets, (hampstead is a good example), Italian food...what Italian is going to order spaghetti and meatballs....?

I couldn't really care less about the overall sentiment, but those places only exist because people purchase their products. We aren't particularly mad at the Germans here because people shop at Aldi.

:moursmall:

Yep, you were right, as a special resolution is required, the members can't just kick them out.
Also, they wouldn't want to - that would absolutely ensure this ESL went ahead, probably expanded to ensure enough games to generate funds, meanwhile the prem would be left with no TV contracts and a large part of it's draw gone.

Last edited:
The 14 said they are against the super league but didn't really do anything, they are "considering their options" according to their statement.
Think it’s a case of don’t say too much too soon, I mean the ESL hasn’t really declared their hand, so to make any rash statements other than object to it in principle at this stage might be jumping the gun...

I'm sure they are heartbroken. Levy and Lewis right now:

KZFSwGD.gif

Funny how football has become 'less interesting' since the excitement killer VAR was introduced.

If they want more enjoyable games for more viewers and therefore revenue, good games need to be encouraged. End to end games played like World Cup knockouts with more goals.
Most these 'big games' will be cagey affairs.

Remove VAR or change the rules to encourage more goals.
If tinkering with rules like suggested shorter games, I would rather see an extra 4th point awarded for winning by 2-3 clear goals.
Come up with ways to reward adventurous football whilst discouraging negative football.

Champions League group games are often pretty dull, as is often the case with the first leg of knockout games. You get these 'groups of death' in the Champions League where the fixtures rarely live up to expectations.

This competition will not be the proposed renaissance of football we are being told about if the game and format remain as they are anyway.

This could be big. Though I can't imagine the SL would have plunged headfirst into this without some contact with Netflix, YouTube, whoever they intend to show the games.

Ahhhh Amazon. The pinnacle of human rights in the world. They can fuck off as well. All of them can. Spurs, Madrid, Sky, Amazon, UEFA, FIFA, The Premier League etc. In the end, for all of them it's about money. The only people I feel sorry for are the fans of the clubs, and the fans of other clubs that get royally fucked by this like Palace, Burnley, Rotherham or even worse, fan-owned clubs like Orient, Pompey etc.

Let's be honest. If America is involved, you can be sure that any final vestiges of integrity will be lost in the quest for profits.
Apologies to our American supporters who love our team from afar but let's face it, the yanks spoil just about everything they get involved with.
Our beautiful language. McDonalds spoiling our high streets, (hampstead is a good example), Italian food...what Italian is going to order spaghetti and meatballs....?
Nah, I sympathise with the average American. They are being fucked over more than their export partners. This is just the business model maximising profit and exactly where everywhere else would be if it weren't for a much longer cultural heritage. The only reason France doesn't have MacDonalds on every corner is because a folk hero drove a tank through them. The only reason Italians don't eat as much spaghetti as the yanks is because they don't have 15 trillion hectares of wheatfields to sell the produce of. Trust me, if they had stockpiles of wheat, they'd be told it cured erectile dysfunction. Not that they could do much about it, living at their parents, but hey.

Fun fact: Carrots don't make you see in the dark. That was a cunning ruse to get people to eat more root vegetables during the war, since that's all we had anyway. Funny how that's lasted 80 years. Cultural heritage is a bitch.

So, the problem isn't the public. The problem is that good people do nothing. And we are far from blameless in that regard. Fucking hell, we're BRITISH for fuck's sake. We fucked everyone at some point; most without dinner or even lube. And even now, we stand idly by as the ruling class bend us over on a regular basis for another lesson in humility.

It's not enough to get angry. Stop giving them your money.

I couldn't really care less about the overall sentiment, but those places only exist because people purchase their products. We aren't particularly mad at the Germans here because people shop at Aldi.

:moursmall:
Ignore Spaniel.

As you say, there are McDonald's restaurants all over the place because people eat in them.

Spaniel doesn't complain about 'Americans' when he goes to Starbucks, orders from Amazon, googles something or uses his iPad.

Some of you are some nationalist xenophobic motherfuckers in here.

Nah, I sympathise with the average American. They are being fucked over more than their export partners. This is just the business model maximising profit and exactly where everywhere else would be if it weren't for a much longer cultural heritage. The only reason France doesn't have MacDonalds on every corner is because a folk hero drove a tank through them. The only reason Italians don't eat as much spaghetti as the yanks is because they don't have 15 trillion hectares of wheatfields to sell the produce of. Trust me, if they had stockpiles of wheat, they'd be told it cured erectile dysfunction. Not that they could do much about it, living at their parents, but hey.

Fun fact: Carrots don't make you see in the dark. That was a cunning ruse to get people to eat more root vegetables during the war, since that's all we had anyway. Funny how that's lasted 80 years. Cultural heritage is a bitch.

So, the problem isn't the public. The problem is that good people do nothing. And we are far from blameless in that regard. Fucking hell, we're BRITISH for fuck's sake. We fucked everyone at some point; most without dinner or even lube. And even now, we stand idly by as the ruling class bend us over on a regular basis for another lesson in humility.

It's not enough to get angry. Stop giving them your money.
Don't the French eat more McD per capita than any other country?

Back
Top Bottom