Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing I don’t like about Reguillon playing higher up the pitch is that Son always covers for him, and that’s not what we should be doing.

Son is the one who should always stay near the box, and during Dino’s time he was spending way too much time in our own half out wide.
Reggie has many, many flaws. He needs a lot of coaching, mainly when and where to do his bursts up the pitch, not do so by just booting the ball up the pitch and chasing after it like a dog does a stick, especially when he does this when he chooses to go inside.

If he read the game better, learned when and where to do his thing, then he would keep the ball more, the more he keeps the ball, the less Son (or whoever has to do any tracking back.

Also, worth pointing out that IF Mason is trying to get us to play with the ball (have more possession) then there is less tracking back required, but looking at his maps for yesterday because he's got the energy to do it, it looks as though his role is more akin to that of Poch's FB's, in that he was running the entire length of the left flank.

For all the worry of him going back to Madrid a few months ago, would we even miss him now? Just a pure pace merchant at this point.

Really hope he can find something again because I think I'd rather have ol' Ben Davies at this point.

The other thing worth noticing about Reguilon is that not only does he need Son back, he also needs a midfielder, normally PEH close by him because he's possibly the worst full back 1 on 1 in the World.

To do well, we need better.

But he was good, Mourinho fucked our players with months of bad management and lazy training seasons. Our players are so weak that they can't stand 90 minutes of football anymore. Every game they seem exausted with 30 minutes left or more.

Back
Top Bottom