Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not necessarily looking to defend Mason but we’ve held Man City better under him than we did under Mourinho last time we played them. People have to understand we’ve got a rookie lad here who’s never been employed before asked to take charge a few days before a cup final against one of the best managers in the world and one of the best teams in the world. It was way too difficult to pull off a fairytale.
Rookie or not - playing the Winks / Sissoko tandem of doom is no excuse

No - you're right - the shit-show served yesterday was way better

:mourfacepalm:
It is a way to counter Man City... Another way is to go Klopp’s high pressing but I doubt Mason has had the time or the knowledge to implement those complex patterns.

If you think you can just go and play against City like they’re a regular team you’re deluded as fuck. They’re miles ahead of us in every department, except for the striker. There’s a reason most teams in this league choose or are forced to play the way we played yesterday.

It is a way to counter Man City... Another way is to go Klopp’s high pressing but I doubt Mason has had the time or the knowledge to implement these complex patterns.

If you think you can just go and play against City like they’re a regular team you’re deluded as fuck. They’re miles ahead of us in every department, except for the striker. There’s a reason most teams in this league choose or are forced to play the way we played yesterday.
Yeah - leaving our best players on the bench was surely the way to go. Have a day off there

What exactly are you disagreeing with in this post iz futbal iz futbal TheSpurEst H4SPURS ?
Yesyes, against one of the best managers in the world... of course it was hard. And I personally (and not many others here) are saying that losing as objective fact was the biggest issue. Issue is - we started the game with 10 men. Winks in this game was definition of useless. Not having experiences is not an excuse for not knowing something 99% of people in this forum would have known.

That starting Winks ahead of Ndmobele is blatantly stupid. Period. No excuses.
Swiching Lo Celso for Sissoko - again blatantly stupid and driven by favourism.

You make it sound like we would be blaming a kid who has cancer for having a cancer. Which is just not true. We are accusing adult person for playing awful footballers in a game that decided a cup winner.

Wrong

Was more than happy to lose 4:1 playing like a decent team with a plan who had a go at them
Not sure we agree on many things , but I a with this wholeheartedly. Not really Ryan’s fault we are poor, however he had a free pass to go down swinging and get spanked. The vast majority would have understood, the way we were so gutless the vast majority clearly don’t understand

Had no issue with the starting players or tactics. They are better than us and it was to keep in the game which worked.

Issue is from 60-70 mins we should have unleashed Bale for Son and Ndombele for Winks as the City press was tiring compared to their first half. Instead we get Sissoko and Dele and you just knew that was it no chance. Horrible to say but it almost felt like Mason was playing his mates at that point.

Back
Top Bottom