In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Nagelsmann is Bayern bound I I think Ten Hag is the favourite. I think Levy would go for him over Potter etc too.

I don't mind Potter at all. I just hope the new guy gets in early gets a good sense of the squad and what he needs and identifys transfers early so Levy has plenty of time to blow them.

Ivan Lendell.... no hear me out. As I watched Son Hueng min( baby cry cry) burst into tears for the umpteenth time. I started to think about mentality. I do not belive for one second in curses or Spursy but there are deficits in the personal mentality of some of our players. When Andy Murray kept losing at finals and semi final level he brought in Lendell. Who worked on his personal approach to big games. Lets do the same lets DO SOMETHING

Last edited:
Ivan Lendell.... no hear me out. As I watched Som Hueng min( baby cry cry) burst into tears for the umpteenth time. I started to think about mentality. I do not belive for one second in curses or Spursy but there are deficits in the personal mentality of some of our players. When Andy Murray kept losing at finals and semi final level he brought in Lendell. Who worked on his personal approach to big games. Lets do the same lets DO SOMETHING
Having a sports psychologist or similar on the staff is in itself not a bad idea.

When Jan Andersson took over the Swedish national team he brought one of those on board to work with the players before games to toughen them up mentally. And it helped us get to our first world cup in ages.

If Nagelsmann is Bayern bound I I think Ten Hag is the favourite. I think Levy would go for him over Potter etc too.

I don't mind Potter at all. I just hope the new guy gets in early gets a good sense of the squad and what he needs and identifys transfers early so Levy has plenty of time to blow them.

Having a sports psychologist or similar on the staff is in itself not a bad idea.

When Jan Andersson took over the Swedish national team he brought one of those on board to work with the players before games to toughen them up mentally. And it helped us get to our first world cup in ages.
Its the point I'm making. Its also why I'm drawn toward Potter it seems like he is the kind of coach who might be open this kind of thinking.

Ivan Lendell.... no hear me out. As I watched Som Hueng min( baby cry cry) burst into tears for the umpteenth time. I started to think about mentality. I do not belive for one second in curses or Spursy but there are deficits in the personal mentality of some of our players. When Andy Murray kept losing at finals and semi final level he brought in Lendell. Who worked on his personal approach to big games. Lets do the same lets DO SOMETHING
Lol. Murray carried on losing finals initially with Lendl.
Our situation is different. This cycle is over and has been for 2 years. Root and branch rebuild needed throughout the club

Shame about Nagelsmann, I guess it was always a long shot. Don't have any clear favourite after him personally. Ten Hag, Potter (unrealistic imo, long contract) or Sarri. Galtier from Lille maybe? And gut the squad. Mercilessly.

Potter is very much in the Poch mold off a prospect manager

Brighton play some bloody good stuff seeing as there squad is legit champo level

If he comes I would be very happy and even better if he brings Lamperty with him to play RB

He will need a good 2-3 years off rebuilding however same as Poch did

But as long as we look like we have an identity again and play some good stuff I think most will be happy

We just better hope Kane stays on otherwise we will be fucked

Brighton play some bloody good stuff seeing as there squad is legit champo level

If he comes I would be very happy and even better if he brings Lamperty with him to play RB

But as long as we look like we have an identity again and play some good stuff I think most will be happy

Happy with Potter as his coaching is excellent but we would really need a DoF and a good one to go with him to do it properly.

Happy with Potter as his coaching is excellent but we would really need a DoF and a good one to go with him to do it properly.

Been needing one ever since the bloke (name escapes me) who came with Poch was sacked. Our recruitment has been shooting for ages.

We need a RB and winger and a clear out off the Deadwood next year minimum. Back to what we was with hungry young players giving 110% for the shirt

Rather then the bloated rotten corpse off a past squad we have been flogging for the past 3 years

Would prefer him to bring Trossard, Bissouma or White with him. Lamptey is an exciting prospect that's full of pace and energy but I don't see him as a right-back. A right wing back, sure, but wouldn't want him in a flat back four.

Does it really matter who the next manager is? It's going to be Levys squad, why doesn't he just make himself head coach?
Joking aside and think about this, Levy “had to pay” Mourinho 15m quid to manage us.....A manager who everyone knows was on the decline and you would think his salary should be a reflection of that, yet we give him his biggest pay check to date...
I think Levy has made this club such a turn off he’s having to dig deep into the pocket to convince experienced managers to “give us a chance”..... or we simply offer managers the job as a stepping stone like Pochettino for example....
No top manager in the game who has been winning at any kind of top level is coming to Spurs anytime soon, none, zero.....This club is an albatross for them, why would they do it to their reputations???
Woolwich are the same shambles, that’s why they have Arteta as their manager.....

Would prefer him to bring Trossard, Bissouma or White with him. Lamptey is an exciting prospect that's full of pace and energy but I don't see him as a right-back. A right wing back, sure, but wouldn't want him in a flat back four.
Arguably all of our fullbacks apart from Ben suit the wing back role. So whoever takes over should honestly experiment with it.

And Ben can slot in as a CB alternative since that is his role for Wales to make room for Sessegnon as Reguilon's alternative.

Last edited:
Lol. Murray carried on losing finals initially with Lendl.
Our situation is different. This cycle is over and has been for 2 years. Root and branch rebuild needed throughout the club
Not sure why the time frame is relevant or funny. In fact that we need fresh blood( which everybody agrees on) its even more important to get the next generation (Cantwell, Skipp, Toney, White,Lamptey) whoever! psychologically prepared to win at the highest level. That it took Lendel time just means we need them (his name is a place holder you seem to have taken literally) in all the sooner. Preferably day one with the new coaching team.

Joking aside and think about this, Levy “had to pay” Mourinho 15m quid to manage us.....A manager who everyone knows was on the decline and you would think his salary should be a reflection of that, yet we give him his biggest pay check to date...
I think Levy has made this club such a turn off he’s having to dig deep into the pocket to convince experienced managers to “give us a chance”..... or we simply offer managers the job as a stepping stone like Pochettino for example....
No top manager in the game who has been winning at any kind of top level is coming to Spurs anytime soon, none, zero.....This club is an albatross for them, why would they do it to their reputations???
Woolwich are the same shambles, that’s why they have Arteta as their manager.....
You need not worry quite yet mate I know 100% from personal conversations Ancelotti wanted the job and would have taken it over Everton ditto Allegri. Not sure either was a fit but they are established successful coaches.

Back
Top Bottom