Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be sacked if they get knocked out by City and fail to win the French League? I wouldn’t be shocked but that would be harsh considering he only was appointed mid-season.

Will he be sacked if they get knocked out by City and fail to win the French League? I wouldn’t be shocked but that would be harsh considering he only was appointed mid-season.
He won’t be now - but most likely will if they are still struggling for results few months into next season

That second leg will be a big test for him.

I think he walked into Pep's trap again tonight. He set PSG up to play aggressive and on the front foot to try and choke City out, but they just played through the pressure once they found their footing and the aggression ended up boiling over. As someone said in the match thread, like when we faced Chelsea at the Bridge.

Thankfully for Poch he has a history of second leg comebacks against City.
The second leg comeback you refer to against Citeh - we had a 1-0 lead from the first leg. Ten minutes into the return leg after we’d gone 1-2 up, they needed 3 goals to beat us. We only trailed for about 15 minutes over the entire 180 minutes (plus injury time).

This time he’s going to Citeh trailing 1-2 from the 1st leg.

The unfortunate history that Pochettino is fighting against now is his status as one of footballs nearly men.

PSG losing the French league is scandalous, embarrassing and ridiculous. With that squad they had an obligation to win 10 or 15 points ahead of the other French teams, which are poor.

Losing CL and the League at the same time... Dear God... I wouldn't be shocked if they sack him

Mbappe and Neymar let Poch down. I'm not convinced with Mbappe, he struggles when teams play deep. He's a counter-attack merchant. Neymar is also pretty overrated.

As for the league performances, when Poch took over, PSG were 3rd. He has taken them to 2nd and virtually secured CL football for them next year.

Mbappe and Neymar let Poch down. I'm not convinced with Mbappe, he struggles when teams play deep. He's a counter-attack merchant. Neymar is also pretty overrated.

As for the league performances, when Poch took over, PSG were 3rd. He has taken them to 2nd and virtually secured CL football for them next year.
Wow, now Mbappe & Neymar are shit?? Poch has failed. Plain and simple. I for one am gobsmacked that he’s bottling the league ffs!

You DO NOT lose that league with PSG. You simply don’t. Career harming situation that.

Wow, now Mbappe & Neymar are shit?? Poch has failed. Plain and simple. I for one am gobsmacked that he’s bottling the league ffs!

You DO NOT lose that league with PSG. You simply don’t. Career harming situation that.

But he isn't bottling the league?

What a weird made up narrative.

Doesnt mbappe have 37 goals this season o

Mbappe 25 in league and is it 35 in all comp.? 🤔
By saying poch should be winning the league with that team doesnt diminish what he done with us. People are allowed criticise him.
At end of the day his bread and butter is winning that league. No matter what.
Fingers crossed they can overturn shitty in second leg.
If they dont hes done a worse job than tuchel. Simple 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom