Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what we’ve learned over the past few days is that Daniel Levy wants a younger, cheaper option at manager who will be a yes man when he inevitably doesn’t get the backing he requires.

So what we’ve learned over the past few days is that Daniel Levy wants a younger, cheaper option at manager who will be a yes man when he inevitably doesn’t get the backing he requires.
Nope. We’ve not learned a single thing except for the complete bollocks spouted on here by each and every one of us.

Well for a club of our size, wealth and stature, I'd say 1 in over 20 years is a pretty pathetic return.
We've entered into 76 compettions under ENIC. And won......1

With 4 to play for most seasons, I think at least 1 every 3or 4 years wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation .

So you tell me. If 1 in 20 years is OK with you, what would you decide is unacceptable.
1 trophy in 40 years? 50 years?

How low is your benchmark, matey?

A club of our stature? what does that even mean?

How many times have we won the European Cup or Champions League? Never, in fact we've only reached the final once in our history ... now when was that?

How many times have we won the league? just twice both more than 60 years ago ...

So whilst for me Spurs are the greatest club in the world you are delusional if you think we've ever consistently been one of the UK's elite clubs on the pitch ...

Only now in the last ten years has our "size, wealth and stature" come even close to placing us amongst the very biggest, richest, and potentially most successful clubs in the UK.

To demand that we achieve a standard that we've never achieved in 130 years, whilst an admirable goal, is like demanding a toddler beats up an adult ... we need to grow up first.

For the last 130 years we haven't even been in the top ten:

epl-1771695.jpg

It's only now when off the field ENIC have moved us up amongst the elite that entitled fans like you can start demanding we do what we haven't managed in 130 years ....

The fact you can demand that we "win a trophy every 3 or 4 years" shows just how much bigger we have become, and how more lofty are targets have become in the last twenty years.

For me that still makes you an entitled fool ... but who knows maybe you will get your wish.

I've supported the club my entire life, in the last few years a title challenge and the CL final are as good as we've ever been, if we can win some more silverware in my lifetime that would be great, but as long as we go back to playing "Spurs football" that's fine with me ... there's far more to supporting Spurs than just winning a few pots, I'll leave all that glory hunting to City and Chelsea fans - and sadly the few Spurs fans who think like you.

Get over yourself, you big girl.

Find those quotes for me yet ?
They've been posted numerous times before mate, As you well know.

You spent a whole evening squirming like a little bitch avoiding a simple question because it explodes your idea about Levy's integrity.

You've been exposed for the rabid ENIC apologist your are, my friend.

Job done.

A club of our stature? what does that even mean?

How many times have we won the European Cup or Champions League? Never, in fact we've only reached the final once in our history ... now when was that?

How many times have we won the league? just twice both more than 60 years ago ...

So whilst for me Spurs are the greatest club in the world you are delusional if you think we've ever consistently been one of the UK's elite clubs on the pitch ...

Only now in the last ten years has our "size, wealth and stature" come even close to placing us amongst the very biggest, richest, and potentially most successful clubs in the UK.

To demand that we achieve a standard that we've never achieved in 130 years, whilst an admirable goal, is like demanding a toddler beats up an adult ... we need to grow up first.

For the last 130 years we haven't even been in the top ten:

epl-1771695.jpg

It's only now when off the field ENIC have moved us up amongst the elite that entitled fans like you can start demanding we do what we haven't managed in 130 years ....

The fact you can demand that we "win a trophy every 3 or 4 years" shows just how much bigger we have become, and how more lofty are targets have become in the last twenty years.

For me that still makes you an entitled fool ... but who knows maybe you will get your wish.

I've supported the club my entire life, in the last few years a title challenge and the CL final are as good as we've ever been, if we can win some more silverware in my lifetime that would be great, but as long as we go back to playing "Spurs football" that's fine with me ... there's far more to supporting Spurs than just winning a few pots, I'll leave all that glory hunting to City and Chelsea fans - and sadly the few Spurs fans who think like you.

Why you insist on using a time frame when we were an amateur club and professional football was based in the north of England is just plain weird.

1960-199 we did average a trophy every 3-4 years. Our stature was as one of the great English clubs as European competitions were born. But you know this as you lived through this time.

Maybe let’s listen to the most entitled fans who want to win trophies. Like this guy. Daniel Levy.

“We are now in a period where we need to win.”

“I am a Spurs fan and I want to see this club continue to grow — and I want to see trophies.”

Why you insist on using a time frame when we were an amateur club and professional football was based in the north of England is just plain weird.

1960-199 we did average a trophy every 3-4 years. Our stature was as one of the great English clubs as European competitions were born. But you know this as you lived through this time.

Maybe let’s listen to the most entitled fans who want to win trophies. Like this guy. Daniel Levy.

“I am a Spurs fan and I want to see this club continue to grow — and I want to see trophies.”
It seems he'll use anything, however outdated, to demean and belittle the club he claims to support!
I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs fan so codescending of their own club, tbh.
Maybe if he reads back through his recent stuff with a clear head he'll see it for himself

I do think he’s being too picky about which trophies he wants us to win. If he was just fine with trophies of any kind, he probably shouldn’t have sacked a trophy winning manager the week before a final.

I do believe Levy is a fan of the club. He has been working for us for two decades, so he couldn’t fail to be. But I do think his idea of success is different from a fair whack of the fan base.

Although, saying that, we had a poll on here about the choice between fourth place and the league cup and it was a pretty good split of who preferred what.

Just not true ... it's nice to remember Spurs as something we never were but it's a fantasy ... we have never been a great trophy winning side, it's always been about the style as much as the results.

We are only now in a period where "we need to win" nobody is denying that. But to claim we are entitled to win trophies every 3/4 years based on a mythical reflection of our history ... why do that?

Our best decade was the 60's - we won 5 trophies and much glory - but in reality when you get past the hype we won just - 1 title - 1 CWC and 3 FA's - hardly a decade of domination.

in the 70's Liverpool 9 trophies - 4 titles - 2 EC - 2 UEFA - 1 FA Cup (Spurs 3)
in the 80's Liverpool 14 trophies (Spurs 3)
In the 90's Utd 12 trophies (Spurs 2)
In the 00's Utd 10 trophies (Spurs 1)

and since then Chelsea and City have risen to the fore ....

Yes we have a glorious past, no question we are one of the most famous clubs on the planet, but to pretend we have ever been a massive trophy winning behemoth ... even the most die-hard fans know that's simply not true.

In the last fifty years we've won just nine trophies, in the last forty just six .... no question we need to do better, but let's not pretend we were ever serial trophy winners ...

It seems he'll use anything, however outdated, to demean and belittle the club he claims to support!
I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs fan so codescending of their own club, tbh.
Maybe if he reads back through his recent stuff with a clear head he'll see it for himself
Living proof that ignorance is bliss ... why do you hate Spurs so much?

In your last thirty posts that I have seen 90% have slagged of the club in one way or another - does that give you some sort off buzz? I get that pleasure when calling Woolwich out, so why do you believe you enjoy attacking Spurs so much?

Last edited:
I do think he’s being too picky about which trophies he wants us to win. If he was just fine with trophies of any kind, he probably shouldn’t have sacked a trophy winning manager the week before a final.

I do believe Levy is a fan of the club. He has been working for us for two decades, so he couldn’t fail to be. But I do think his idea of success is different from a fair whack of the fan base.

Although, saying that, we had a poll on here about the choice between fourth place and the league cup and it was a pretty good split of who preferred what.

I think this season in particular a cup win would have resulted in a feel good factor that top 4 wouldn’t.

Levy has improved this football club no end.

It would be nice to see a few trophies along the way now.

In your last thirty posts that I have seen 90% have slagged of the club in one way or another - does that give you some sort off buzz? I get that pleasure when calling Woolwich out, so why do you believe you enjoy attacking Spurs so much?
Daniel? Daniel, is that you?

In your last thirty posts that I have seen 90% have slagged of the club in one way or another - does that give you some sort off buzz? I get that pleasure when calling Woolwich out, so why do you think you enjoy attacking Spurs?
You attack, criticise, and belittle our great clubs tradition and history.

I criticise the owners responsible for besmirching that history and tradition and willing to throw it in the garbage truck and putting profit before glory for over 2 decades.

We each have our own definition of support, I guess.

I do believe Levy is a fan of the club. He has been working for us for two decades, so he couldn’t fail to be.
I believe the moon is made of cheese , fairies and pixies live in my garden and father Christmas.
If the short arse cunt was a fan he would have got us over the line on 2 occasions with quality signings . He only cares about one thing and in many ways is holding back the club.
Tell that one to arse hole dicks on here, they will lap it up .

They've been posted numerous times before mate, As you well know.

You spent a whole evening squirming like a little bitch avoiding a simple question because it explodes your idea about Levy's integrity.

You've been exposed for the rabid ENIC apologist your are, my friend.

Job done.
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

So I say that I've answered the question before means that I'm a Levy apologist.

I ask you for the direct quote from Levy and you answer that it's been posted before.

And I'm the one squirming. More hypocrisy from you.

I do hope those quotes exist and you haven't brought your own integrity into question by stating a bald face lie.

Fucking hell, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You've been called up by numerous posters for posting outdated and blatantly false information and yet you keep doing it

Enjoy the protest today, that's if you're going of course

Last edited:
I believe the moon is made of cheese , fairies and pixies live in my garden and father Christmas.
If the short arse cunt was a fan he would have got us over the line on 2 occasions with quality signings . He only cares about one thing and in many ways is holding back the club.
Tell that one to arse hole dicks on here, they will lap it up .
Aye, but the things I believe are more plausible. And it wasn’t Levy who played like shite in the CL final. Wasn’t him that blew the Europa League this season.

We’d all like a world class team that destroys everything in their path, but he has helped us build squads that should have won trophies. It’s the players that always let us down.

Have to agree with stevee stevee on this one John Thomas John Thomas

You can't ask someone to repeat what they already posted, then refuse to repost quotes because they have already been posted.

You're both going around in circles anyway. I'm sure Levy is a Spurs fan by now, but that doesn't stop his number one priority being his pecuniary responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom