Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The vermins in charge (not specifically aimed at Levy) more ENIC/Lewis are splashing the cash in the US. investing a lot of money in the US in their 'Tavistock group'
Whereas apparently we have no money and there's no money to spend. They just aren't willing to splash the cash for us.

Get these awful owners out. We will continue to regress as a squad without some signficant investment. A better manager may paper the cracks but we need better players at this point. We can only go so far by just selling to buy , some investment needed.

So what we’ve learned over the past few days is that Daniel Levy wants a younger, cheaper option at manager who will be a yes man when he inevitably doesn’t get the backing he requires.
Nail on head...
And this merry goes round again....
Remember it's not levy's fault or those shiesters at enic

Programme Notes from 11th March 2001.

I've followed the Spurs since I was eight-years-old but I'm not a fanatical fan. The decision was made on business grounds, but obviously it is an advantage that I have been following the club for so long.

"We wanted to buy a club in England, and we decided early on that it should be in London. With apologies, there are only three big clubs in the capital Woolwich, Tottenham and Chelsea and Tottenham was available. We want to bring back to White Hart Lane the sense of tradition and occasion that seems to have slipped away.

"I think fans will see that we'll be a caring owner. i know exactly what it‘s like to be an ordinary supporter. (Do you know, not a single fellow season-ticket holder in the West Stand has ever tackled me about plans for the club or suggested what should be changed? I don't think they know who I am).

"l realise how infuriating it is when my son can’t get a packet of Maltesers at half-time because they’ve run out. I know what it's like to walk down a corridor in the grandstand and feel as if you’re in jail as the walls are unpainted and bare. There are corporate areas at White Hart Lane with photographs on the wall but no captions; other areas with no pictures on the wail and nothing to signify the club’s history.

"They’re important to a club’s atmosphere. I teamed a lot from being a non-executive director of Rangers. When you walk into Ibrox, you can smell the history. You’re made to feel proud to be at Rangers, whether you're a director, a player or a spectator and that's what we need to achieve at Tottenham.

"One of the five other football clubs which ENIC has a stake in is Slavia Prague. We’ve invested around £3.5million in the club’s infrastructure and taken a controlling Interest. To British ears that may not sound much, but in the Czech Republic even a tenner goes a long way.

"Slavia, depending on whose opinion you believe, are either the biggest or second-biggest club in the country and qualify regularly for European competition. The Czech Republic’s national team is strong and the country is not far away from being admitted to the European Union. It also produces a stream of exciting young talent. So for a relatively small sum, we invested in a team with history and strong prospects.

"ENIC now has stakes in six clubs around Europe, but ridiculous restrictions recently put in place by UEFA, are already stifling investment. It has ruled that two teams which share one majority owner cannot play against each other in European competition. I can't understand UEFA’s reservations because the sort of collusion it seems to fear is already illegal. A public company such as ENIC would not, could not, dream of doing anything to fix any result. It would be impossible to accomplish and impossible to keep quiet.

"We hear rumours on the footballing grapevine an astonishingly efficient network that other owners in Europe allegedly influence what their clubs do, but they’re always about privately owned clubs which face far fewer restrictions. There should be complete transparency within club ownership and I want UEFA to introduce tests to ensure that you are "fit and proper" to own a club.

"Alan Sugar rescued Tottenham from bankruptcy, provided it with fantastic faculties, and the manner in which he was hounded from office was unfair. Sir Alan faced the same challenges we do now balancing the needs of shareholders, who want profit, with those of the fans, who want success on the pitch. Sometimes, the two do not go together. It is a balancing act. But Tottenham Hotspur is a public company, and, regardless of who is on the board, it has to stand up for itself.

"Everyone has their favourite players and I’m not giving away any secrets if I say Spurs heroes Paul Gascoigne and Gary Lineker are mine but I've no intention of telling manager George Graham who he should select.

"Everyone wants to see exciting, stylish football but most fans want one thing to see us at the top of the league. The balance between being cavalier and dour is a matter of opinion, and typically every fan has a different opinion. While I won’t tell George who to pick or buy, I will take an interest in the way we develop youngsters.

Investing in youth takes time, but is vital to a club's long-term stability and It’s an area we want to put significant financial resources. Young players are important; so too are young fans.

"When I first went to a Tottenham game with my uncle 30 years ago (1971), I bought a large rosette - whatever happened to them? On my way, I ate a hot dog, and loved the experience even though l ended up freezing. Plenty of clubs have hiked up admission charges. leaving young supporters unable to afford to get into the game, and that’s short-term thinking.

"Football must make sure it‘s tempting young fans through the gates because today’s wide-eyed youngster is tomorrow‘s season-ticket holder. Talking of which, I‘m now faced with a dilemma. For years, I’ve taken my usual seat in the West Stand. Now I’ll have no choice but to dress formally and watch from the director's box even though. in my heart, I’d rather be cheering from my normal seat. But the problem is what to do With my season ticket. Give It back, pass It on, or keep it for the odd trip back to my spiritual home? Decisions. decisions...."

Thoughts?

stevee stevee

How do you correlate his statement, witnesed by millions on his Amazon vanity project, that he was a life long Spurs fan, with his views when he first jumped on the football gravy train

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr
Is this a true quote? This is shocking if it is

It's irrelevant - Levy/ENIC will want the club to be successful because it will generate a larger return on investment. Whether he is a fan or a hard headed money cruncher has no bearing, they want us to suceed because they love the club or it will make it a more saleable asset, maybe it's a mix of the 2, doesn't really matter, they're not going anywhere, maybe in a fairer world they should lose control for the ESL debacle, but the question is always - who else and would they be any better?

Find me a billionaire who hasn't exploited someone else to get where they are...

Granted, we’d have had a much better chance of winning that if those players had been replaced with better players. Makes sense. But the same players were good enough to pull victories out of their arses against City and Ajax, so they were damn sure able to beat a poor Liverpool that night. That’s on them and them alone.
We got incredibly lucky vs ajax and city. You cant just always depend on luck.

Interesting to me that someone who is a lifelong fan etc. would name Gazza and Gary as his heroes considering he was approaching his late 20's when they were playing.

Seemed a bit raging about the club missing out on Malteser profits, doubly raging about not being able to invest in more profitable football clubs. So much so, that they went to the CAS before eventually shedding most/all the lesser profitable clubs' shares to buy more of Tottenham.

"A tenner goes a long way" 🙄
"Plenty of clubs have hiked up admission charges" 🤑 - Highest in League?
"most fans want one thing to see us at the top of the league" 😂

In order, here is every occasion we have been top of the league since 2000/01.

2002/03 Matchday 4 - GHod
2005/06 Matchday 2 - BMJ
2014/15 Matchday 2 - Poch
2020/21 Matchday 9, Matchday 10, Matchday 11, Matchday 12 - Jose

So 7 times in 2 decades we've topped the table and then he tried to enter a Super League we'd have no chance of ever topping and completely sell out football and the fanbase.

I’m pretty sure there’s evidence somewhere to say if he was a long term season ticket holder before joining the club. Seems like a big thing to lie about if it weren’t true.

But maybe he is a lying cunt. Neither you nor I know.
Its believed he is Scottish too!

If he is a genuine fan of this club he has a funny way of showing

His actions in relation to the ESL proves he could give two shits about the fans of this club or the traditions

Real fan my arse

I am mystified as to how anyone would want to try and defend these parasites at this point
The ESL thing is a very important point.

To my mind, the fact that our owners seemingly got the least flak of any PL owner over that debacle is crazy...
I mean, you could argue that with Woolwich, Manure and Liverpool’s owners being American, their owners may have believed that this ‘Super League’ almost akin to the NFL is what some fans would have wanted, whilst City and the Chavs owners are just rich dummies who went along with it knowing no better..

But Spurs’ owners? Those pricks have been over us for 20 fucking years, are English, and our chairman is supposedly a “life long fan”, yet they STILL went along with this. Anyone who truly believes they genuinely thought any fan would want this is deluded beyond help.

Money grabbing, two faced parasite fucks. We need to follow Manures lead with their protest and get these vermin out of our club. Enough is enough.

Back
Top Bottom