Comparing THFC versus Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this time, this is an interesting comaprison to make. THFC and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially. Chelsea have slightly more commercial revenue, Spurs has slightly more match day. If both are in the CL, revenue is very similar.

The difference the two clubs approach the transfer market is stark, even though they have very similar resources

Levy
-Wont sell players that are obviously not good enough
-Wont fire the manager quick enough
-Managerial hirings mixed at best
-Doesnt back the manager, doesnt buy their top choices
-Doesnt buy older players
-Doesnt buy what we need, rather what is cheap
-Constant meddling in team affairs
-Rips the fans off at every opportunity
-Damages our chances of winning, sacks the manager before a final, sells players from under the manager, buys players the manager doesnt want
-Penny pinches on salaries and transfers so we often lose out on the best players
-Youth system failing. 1 top talent during his tenure. Spurs struggle to fill the home grown, and English national criteria every year

Abramovich
-Gets rid of underperforming players and managers
-If the manager doesnt perform hes out the door by November, no matter who he is
-Generally good managerial appointments
-Gets the manager players he wants, top players
-Takes opportunities to buy experienced players on frees (Thiago Silva)
-Buys positions that are needed, doesnt create squads based on cheap deals and lopsided positions filled
-Does everything he can to get the team to win (transfers, wages)
-Pays good salaries, but still within FFP. Spending has calmed down since early 2000's but Chelsea just buy smarter to make up for less money available
-Arguably best youth system in country - Mount, Abraham, Gilmour, Timouri, Jones, Huson Odoi. They also buy alot of English talent.

Trophies won Levy 1 League Cup
Trophies won by abramovich 5 league titles, 1 CL, 1 europa, 7 domestic cups,

I just hate everything about the club at the moment.
Levy - dont like the way hes runing things
Manager - dont like the way the manager never gets backed, then blamed when things go tits up. Doesnt matter who we get as manager because he will never get the players he wants or funding he deserves. Weve had progressive managers like Poch, defensive managers like Mourinho. Both were let down.
Players - above all else, I just dont like this group of players. Bar Kane, lloris and Son they are annoying and frustrating to watch. Working hard all week and spending your Saturday watching PEH, Winks and Sissoko in midfield is not my idea of fun. Ive not enjoyed us playing for a long time. In fact id go as far as saying they ruin my weekend. I literally hate this team.

So you have to ask yourself. I hate the chairman, whatever manager we get its no use. I hate the players, I hate the way we play. I hate the whole ethos of the club, to dare is too dear.

A few weeks ago I decided I am going to support chelsea. Since then I am enjoying football again. It isnt going to go down well on this forum, but so what. Its my life, I'll do as I want. We get good managers, good players. We are always comeptitive. We play good football. I advise you all to save yourselves. This club is not worth the torture. Leave it like you would a poisinous ex wife. Pick a team that you like and actually tries to win. This team will forever let you down.
Is this a spoof post?

As much as the OP is trolling - the contrast is rather stark

One club is aiming to win silverware - the other to grow its assets so the cunt owners and shareholders can grow their bank accounts - nothing more

Doesn't sound like it at this point, this is just your typical bandwagon type fan.

Its not really bandwagon. Its sick to death of supporting a team that doesnt want to win.

And looking across the road at a team that does things in a way you admire.

Am I consigned to have my weekends ruined to eternity because I liked Gazza as a kid and he happened to be playing for Tottenham? Feck that.

Spurs buy players based on age profile and whether their value is likely to increase. Chelsea buy players if they are good at football.

Imagine if fans up and down the country only supported their team based on expectation of being successful. There would only be a handful of professional teams in existence.

Its not really bandwagon. Its sick to death of supporting a team that doesnt want to win.

And looking across the road at a team that does things in a way you admire.

Am I consigned to have my weekends ruined to eternity because I liked Gazza as a kid and he happened to be playing for Tottenham? Feck that.

Spurs buy players based on age profile and whether their value is likely to increase. Chelsea buy players if they are good at football.
...so you're describing the problems that pretty much every football fan in England knows. And funnily enough, I don't disagree with most of your points about Tottenham.

That being said, there's only a handful of teams in Europe who win trophies, and most of them have been bought. So yeah, that's pretty much a stereotypical bandwagon fan. Is this all because they made it to a Champions League final or something?

...so you're describing the problems that pretty much every football fan in England knows. And funnily enough, I don't disagree with most of your points about Tottenham.

That being said, there's only a handful of teams in Europe who win trophies, and most of them have been bought. So yeah, that's pretty much a stereotypical bandwagon fan. Is this all because they made it to a Champions League final or something?
No, I just like the players they have bought. Havertz, werner, thiago. Plus kante. Tgey buy good young players and solid pros. Watching chelsea and spurs is like night n day

This summer they will buy a top striker and compete for the league. Non of this 22 year old punt from tge dutch league bollocks. Or a 3m loan signing. They will spend 90m on lukaku or kane.

Spurs on the other hand will scrape around looking for bargains.

At this time, this is an interesting comaprison to make. THFC and Chelsea are very similar clubs financially. Chelsea have slightly more commercial revenue, Spurs has slightly more match day. If both are in the CL, revenue is very similar.

The difference the two clubs approach the transfer market is stark, even though they have very similar resources

Levy
-Wont sell players that are obviously not good enough
-Wont fire the manager quick enough
-Managerial hirings mixed at best
-Doesnt back the manager, doesnt buy their top choices
-Doesnt buy older players
-Doesnt buy what we need, rather what is cheap
-Constant meddling in team affairs
-Rips the fans off at every opportunity
-Damages our chances of winning, sacks the manager before a final, sells players from under the manager, buys players the manager doesnt want
-Penny pinches on salaries and transfers so we often lose out on the best players
-Youth system failing. 1 top talent during his tenure. Spurs struggle to fill the home grown, and English national criteria every year

Abramovich
-Gets rid of underperforming players and managers
-If the manager doesnt perform hes out the door by November, no matter who he is
-Generally good managerial appointments
-Gets the manager players he wants, top players
-Takes opportunities to buy experienced players on frees (Thiago Silva)
-Buys positions that are needed, doesnt create squads based on cheap deals and lopsided positions filled
-Does everything he can to get the team to win (transfers, wages)
-Pays good salaries, but still within FFP. Spending has calmed down since early 2000's but Chelsea just buy smarter to make up for less money available
-Arguably best youth system in country - Mount, Abraham, Gilmour, Timouri, Jones, Huson Odoi. They also buy alot of English talent.

Trophies won Levy 1 League Cup
Trophies won by abramovich 5 league titles, 1 CL, 1 europa, 7 domestic cups,

I just hate everything about the club at the moment.
Levy - dont like the way hes runing things
Manager - dont like the way the manager never gets backed, then blamed when things go tits up. Doesnt matter who we get as manager because he will never get the players he wants or funding he deserves. Weve had progressive managers like Poch, defensive managers like Mourinho. Both were let down.
Players - above all else, I just dont like this group of players. Bar Kane, lloris and Son they are annoying and frustrating to watch. Working hard all week and spending your Saturday watching PEH, Winks and Sissoko in midfield is not my idea of fun. Ive not enjoyed us playing for a long time. In fact id go as far as saying they ruin my weekend. I literally hate this team.

So you have to ask yourself. I hate the chairman, whatever manager we get its no use. I hate the players, I hate the way we play. I hate the whole ethos of the club, to dare is too dear.

A few weeks ago I decided I am going to support chelsea. Since then I am enjoying football again. It isnt going to go down well on this forum, but so what. Its my life, I'll do as I want. We get good managers, good players. We are always comeptitive. We play good football. I advise you all to save yourselves. This club is not worth the torture. Leave it like you would a poisinous ex wife. Pick a team that you like and actually tries to win. This team will forever let you down.
That last paragraph is an absolute nightmare. Fuck off then you cunt. Just fuck the fuck off Chelsea scum.
CARD THIS CHELSEA TURNCOAT

Its not about success. Its about attitude to trying to win.

If Spurs did everything they can to try to win. Id be happy. Even if we finished mid table every year.

What I wont accept is us having the resources to compete and still buying 2nd rate shite.

Even tesms like Leicester and Leeds have more ambition than we do. As have Everton. They may not be as rich as us, hench why we usually finish above. But they are much more ambitious.

I want to support a team with ambition. I dont see it at Spurs
Hey, mate, come home.

Many of us will have left home for some new skirt or a bit of fresh cock over the years but at the end of the day we all realise where our heart really lies.

Sooner or later, the novelty will wear off.

You've had your rant and let off some steam. And the anti ENIC movement is gathering momentum like a giant snowball.

Their days are numbered. The winning ethos you and I crave will return. The natural order of Spurs as the bigger, more succesful club will eventually prevail .

:dierpochhug:

Even my eight year old understands you can't change teams.

That being said, you're free to go. Please. And no 'i was always a spurs fan really,' if our time ever returns.

But also Chelsea? Fuck. You should be ashamed. In itself is bad enough but from Spurs to Chelsea is just dirty.

Buy yourself a Leyton Orient shirt that Harry paid for and have a little time off and a think. It might be red but you'll still look less of a cunt than in blue.

Imagine meeting yourself down the pub, 'oh I used to support spurs but Chelsea spend their money better don't you think?'

Hey, mate, come home.

Many of us will have left home for some new skirt or a bit of fresh cock over the years but at the end of the day we all realise where our heart really lies.

Sooner or later, the novelty will wear off.

You've had your rant and let off some steam. And the anti ENIC movement is gathering momentum like a giant snowball.

Their days are numbered. The winning ethos you and I crave will return. The natural order of Spurs as the bigger, more succesful club will eventually prevail .

:dierpochhug:

He's a Grade A twat that posts a lot in the Off Topic areas and repeatedly gets banned. When Covid started he boasted about cleaning the shelves of all the local shops by stockpiling three months worth of food and supplies, Then he taunted people who were struggling to get supplies as the shops ran out of things.

He's a Grade A twat that posts a lot in the Off Topic areas and repeatedly gets banned. When Covid started he boasted about cleaning the shelves of all the local shops by stockpiling three months worth of food and supplies, Then he taunted people who were struggling to get supplies as the shops ran out of things.
And pretended to be black.

No matter how bad things get here. Theres no way I could support the blue racists with there neanderthal knuckle dragging fans. Singing songs about the holocaust and pushing black people off trains. Having lying cunt players like Rudigar. I'd rather have my rectum surgically removed than watch that lot.

Back
Top Bottom