Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if levy had actually backed poch (who had proven himself to be a fucking quality manager that could work magic with a Mickey Mouse budget) then we wouldn’t be in this mess. 6 years of loyalty, hard work, CL final and over achieving for what?? Get sacked at the first sign of trouble, for a manager who is notorious for spending money (mourinho) at Tottenham Hotspur, owned by the tighted, lowest net spending club in the PL. actually mind boggling.

literally all he had to do was go to poch and say you’ve played amazing football here’s some proper money to go out and improve this squad that has completely depleted its energy and life overachieveing for years. Spend a large amount of money for long term success. Instead levy cut corners and actually spent more fucking money hiring and firing managers and getting players on the cheap that didn’t fit into the team and another managers ethos.
I want to circle back to this piece of it. Because there are those that will make the point, accurately, that in November of 2019 our form, CL final notwithstanding, had been awful for almost a whole year and Poch pretty openly wanted to leave. The sacking did not come out of nowhere in any way, the club was in a bad place and the dressing room had turned on him in a way we as fans had not.

But it is impossible for me to believe that there was not another option in that moment whereby Levy and Poch could have sat down, cleared the air, and Levy could have given Poch sufficient assurances in terms of financial backing, control over his squad, and the terms of his own contract that would have re-engaged him in the project and see it continue.

To see a massive three-plus year deal for Jose Mourinho as the cheaper, brighter and more sensible long-term option in that moment was a really stupid blunder, and demonstrates in a crystal clear way that at the end of the day operational and financial control is not something Daniel Levy is ever willing to give up even where it's in the clear best interests of the club.

How many of our number still apologise for these appalling charlatans? Is it just the Thai massage parlour aficionado?

Presumably all of us on the other side of the fence Know Nothing About Business

I only have one policy. Win a trophy before i die.
Wasn't sure where to post the following, saw this and thought it would be a good a place as any.

A friend of mine was 70 today and his wife put together a congratulations/birthday wishes video for him, as a big get together was obviously out of the question. In his thank you reply, he said the only good thing about being 70 is that he remembered the Double season, but doubted that if he lived for another 70, would see it again!

Wasn't sure where to post the following, saw this and thought it would be a good a place as any.

A friend of mine was 70 today and his wife put together a congratulations/birthday wishes video for him, as a big get together was obviously out of the question. In his thank you reply, he said the only good thing about being 70 is that he remembered the Double season, but doubted that if he lived for another 70, would see it again!
Im sure I speak for the rest of us in wishing your friend a belated very happy birthday, with many more to come!

tenor.gif

Please forward our best wishes from The Fighting Cock community

What a sad state of affairs this club is in, truly.

You know, as I sit here reading this forum and thinking about all the great memories I have had in my lifetime watching Spurs, all the moments that this football club has been there for me in bad and good times, 30+ years of support, I can never remember a time I have ever felt this empty about the future for Tottenham Hotspur.

We may have a shiny stadium, be one of the richest clubs in the world but underneath all that corporate bullshit remains a football club that still hasn't come close to its true potential on the pitch, nowhere near it.

And the sad part is, I don't see it changing, not whilst we are under this ownership, for some that seems to be acceptable, they choose to be happy because we do things "the right way" we aren't an oil money club (which actually is something to be proud of tbh) but the problem is, they let this sense of comfort, this sense of safety numb them to what this is all about.

Memories...see memories are what makes a football club so special, those stories you tell your kids when they get older and they tell their kids and so on.

The posters you have on your walls of the great moments, the times you saw your favourite Spurs side win the cup and you were there to witness it, this is what makes this sport so special.

We have had special moments under ENIC, there is no denying that, but these moments have sadly been tainted by the failure following or preceding them, the decisions that have been made, not for football but for balance sheets and for the people who don't have passion for the game, for people who don't care for the memories and moments.

See through all the bickering this is the point that so many who can't understand the frustration with these owners miss.

We don't want to be telling stories of the time that we were the 8th richest club in the world and how we hosted a superbowl at our stadium, we want to be telling stories of how Harry Kane scored the winning goal in the CL final.

Those are the kind of memories that last a lifetime and since we only have one of those, why should we sit by complacent and allow the chance of experiencing them slip away just so some greedy, temporary owners can line their pockets?

How many of our number still apologise for these appalling charlatans? Is it just the Thai massage parlour aficionado?

Presumably all of us on the other side of the fence Know Nothing About Business
Watch how many turn up next season - what you ENIC haters fail to grasp is that ENIC are here today gone tomorrow - the vast majority support THFC and couldn't give twp fecks about ENIC beyond a few childish posts on a website.

Once you realise that the club was here before ENIC and will be here long after ENIC (in far better shape than when they arrived) then you will stop stressing.

Actions speak louder than words - sold out every game - was there even a doubt?

You know, as I sit here reading this forum and thinking about all the great memories I have had in my lifetime watching Spurs, all the moments that this football club has been there for me in bad and good times, 30+ years of support, I can never remember a time I have ever felt this empty about the future for Tottenham Hotspur.

We may have a shiny stadium, be one of the richest clubs in the world but underneath all that corporate bullshit remains a football club that still hasn't come close to its true potential on the pitch, nowhere near it.

And the sad part is, I don't see it changing, not whilst we are under this ownership, for some that seems to be acceptable, they choose to be happy because we do things "the right way" we aren't an oil money club (which actually is something to be proud of tbh) but the problem is, they let this sense of comfort, this sense of safety numb them to what this is all about.

Memories...see memories are what makes a football club so special, those stories you tell your kids when they get older and they tell their kids and so on.

The posters you have on your walls of the great moments, the times you saw your favourite Spurs side win the cup and you were there to witness it, this is what makes this sport so special.

We have had special moments under ENIC, there is no denying that, but these moments have sadly been tainted by the failure following or preceding them, the decisions that have been made, not for football but for balance sheets and for the people who don't have passion for the game, for people who don't care for the memories and moments.

See through all the bickering this is the point that so many who can't understand the frustration with these owners miss.

We don't want to be telling stories of the time that we were the 8th richest club in the world and how we hosted a superbowl at our stadium, we want to be telling stories of how Harry Kane scored the winning goal in the CL final.

Those are the kind of memories that last a lifetime and since we only have one of those, why should we sit by complacent and allow the chance of experiencing them slip away just so some greedy, temporary owners can line their pockets?
So true. I can still remember as if it was yesterday, winning the 81 and 91 Cup Finals and the '72 and '84 UEFA Cup Finals, and they will live long in the memory because of the football, the drama and the atmosphere. There has obviously been other memorable games but winning trophies is important. We have fallen short so many times in more recent times - getting to semi finals and finals is fine, but we just don't have that killer instinct to go the distance. So sad.

Last edited:
So ENIC offer a full explanation and an apology - ENIC offer a non-exec position on the board - ENIC promise more open dialog with fan groups.

So are they still cunts? or will all those demanding an apology and representation now be satisfied having received exactly that?

Is anyone who support ENIC still not a real Spurs fan? or are we allowed our opinion now?

I reckon some on here (you know who you are) will be more pissed off that they can't keep on with the same tired ranting for pages and pages - although somehow I bet they will find a new way to do so.

The emptiness feeling regarding our future for me stems from the fact that the club has gotten my hopes up the past number of years only to see us come short and not make the right decisions to invest and push on. Now, we are at the bottom of that downhill slide and it’ll take a number of years before we get back up there again if we can ever get back up there...

Maybe the upside is living to 140. I reckon that is a better trade than the shit football for no trophies under Jose deal

The emptiness feeling regarding our future for me stems from the fact that the club has gotten my hopes up the past number of years only to see us come short and not make the right decisions to invest and push on. Now, we are at the bottom of that downhill slide and it’ll take a number of years before we get back up there again if we can ever get back up there...

It's possible the reversal is really quick.

West Ham were in the relegation zone this time last season, they've signed c. 3 players since and moved up 13 places.

Chelsea were 8th a few months ago, and their season written off, just changing manager has them top 4 and in 2 Cup finals.

I am an idiot I paid £61.75 for the Villa game (don't forget the booking fee ladies and gents). I just got briefly excited about leaving the house to do something and stumped up the cash.I feel like I have been mugged. I plan on spending the match letting Levy know what I think of him.

Last edited:
The latest statement from the Trust.

THST response to club statement on fan representation.

12/05/2021
THST has noted with interest the Club’s latest announcement. The timing came as a surprise as we were still engaged in independent mediation designed to bring about a meeting between the Trust and THFC; mediation that was activated by THST after the Club’s repeated refusal to specify terms for a meeting.

At last though, three weeks after the collapse of the ESL, and over a fortnight after everyone else, the Club has apologised “unreservedly”, although only after detailing its reservations. An apology is better late, however, than never.

More important is the acceptance by the Club’s Board of measures we have been calling for over some years, and which we put forward in our six-point plan. The dogged stance of the Trust and the wider supporter base has forced the Club to concede the principle that fans must be represented at Board level, and to adopt some of our specific suggestions. But announcing this without consultation on detail is not a promising start. And the measures set out in the Club’s statement do not give fan representatives any real power.

It is vital the Club Advisory Panel has the support of the fans, including the Trust, if it is to be a credible vehicle for fan representation.

We are very willing to meet with the Club to discuss the mechanics of genuine supporter representation at Board level. Those discussions would be conducted alongside the conversations we are already having with government officials and with the Premier League in order to deliver the changes needed. We have said we are willing to meet, we have made it clear to the Club directly and to the mediator that we are willing to meet, and we have made clear what the basis for that meeting should be. We will take the results of any discussions back to our members.

What cannot go unquestioned is the Club’s decision to publish a statement that misrepresents the position and attacks a volunteer fan organisation at a time when the Club is facing sustained criticism over its relationship with the fanbase and for its decision making. It is simply destructive. To do so while we were pursuing a mediation process via the Football Supporters’ Association in good faith is regrettable in the extreme.

We also note the description of the Club’s Board as “individuals who have lived and breathed this Club for the best part of two decades”. The obvious implication is that the Trust and the fans we represent are somehow not. Let us state now, for the record, that the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have lived and breathed this great Club for far longer than two decades. And we will continue to do so far beyond the tenure of our current custodians.

The Club fails to acknowledge that in previous meetings with the Trust it repeatedly denied that any talks were taking place in relation to any European Super League, even while it is now clear that those talks were taking place. Its latest statement is another attempt to deflect criticism at a time when the Club should be seeking to rebuild relationships and repair trust. Relationships matter, not only with fans but with the wider football family, and when those relationships have been so severely damaged the time has come to reassess.

Fans are not convinced that the current Board or owners do know that “the heartbeat of the Club is success on the pitch”. And the warning that “we shall need to recover from the loss of substantial revenues” is ominous indeed from a Board that has imposed the highest ticket prices in Europe and charged £60 for the partial return of fans to our stadium after a year of the pandemic.

Real change is coming because you, the fans, have made your voices heard. We remain committed to securing that real change at the football club whose interests we always have, and always will, put first.

THST Board
12 May 2021

It's pretty obvious to me that the Club is continuing to play lip service to the Trust. I'm not an out-and-out ENIC hater, as I recognise the good that they have done to raise our profile in the game. But I also recognise that they have got some decisions badly wrong too, and they need to mend bridges with the ordinary supporter. I personally don't think they really want to, as apart from our money, they see us a necessary evil.
Unfortunately, theTrust on its own is a paper tiger, but maybe with the support of the wider football community, they may achieve some meaningful dialogue and get things back on an even keel.
This has truly been a horrific, turbulent season and I'll be glad to see the back of it.

The latest statement from the Trust.

THST response to club statement on fan representation.

12/05/2021
THST has noted with interest the Club’s latest announcement. The timing came as a surprise as we were still engaged in independent mediation designed to bring about a meeting between the Trust and THFC; mediation that was activated by THST after the Club’s repeated refusal to specify terms for a meeting.

At last though, three weeks after the collapse of the ESL, and over a fortnight after everyone else, the Club has apologised “unreservedly”, although only after detailing its reservations. An apology is better late, however, than never.

More important is the acceptance by the Club’s Board of measures we have been calling for over some years, and which we put forward in our six-point plan. The dogged stance of the Trust and the wider supporter base has forced the Club to concede the principle that fans must be represented at Board level, and to adopt some of our specific suggestions. But announcing this without consultation on detail is not a promising start. And the measures set out in the Club’s statement do not give fan representatives any real power.

It is vital the Club Advisory Panel has the support of the fans, including the Trust, if it is to be a credible vehicle for fan representation.

We are very willing to meet with the Club to discuss the mechanics of genuine supporter representation at Board level. Those discussions would be conducted alongside the conversations we are already having with government officials and with the Premier League in order to deliver the changes needed. We have said we are willing to meet, we have made it clear to the Club directly and to the mediator that we are willing to meet, and we have made clear what the basis for that meeting should be. We will take the results of any discussions back to our members.

What cannot go unquestioned is the Club’s decision to publish a statement that misrepresents the position and attacks a volunteer fan organisation at a time when the Club is facing sustained criticism over its relationship with the fanbase and for its decision making. It is simply destructive. To do so while we were pursuing a mediation process via the Football Supporters’ Association in good faith is regrettable in the extreme.

We also note the description of the Club’s Board as “individuals who have lived and breathed this Club for the best part of two decades”. The obvious implication is that the Trust and the fans we represent are somehow not. Let us state now, for the record, that the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have lived and breathed this great Club for far longer than two decades. And we will continue to do so far beyond the tenure of our current custodians.

The Club fails to acknowledge that in previous meetings with the Trust it repeatedly denied that any talks were taking place in relation to any European Super League, even while it is now clear that those talks were taking place. Its latest statement is another attempt to deflect criticism at a time when the Club should be seeking to rebuild relationships and repair trust. Relationships matter, not only with fans but with the wider football family, and when those relationships have been so severely damaged the time has come to reassess.

Fans are not convinced that the current Board or owners do know that “the heartbeat of the Club is success on the pitch”. And the warning that “we shall need to recover from the loss of substantial revenues” is ominous indeed from a Board that has imposed the highest ticket prices in Europe and charged £60 for the partial return of fans to our stadium after a year of the pandemic.

Real change is coming because you, the fans, have made your voices heard. We remain committed to securing that real change at the football club whose interests we always have, and always will, put first.

THST Board
12 May 2021
I have no love for ENIC and only agree with the part of this statement that says the board truly don’t understand that the heartbeat of the club is success on the pitch but I wouldn’t want to meet Kat and Martin F2F when they are in 1970’s shop steward mode.

Back
Top Bottom