Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy -

Money GIF

I've always had a soft spot for the NY Jets since my Mum & Dad's neighbours bought me a Jets shirt when I was about 7/8 years old.

They had lived in NY, (They were Irish) their children were all born in America, yet they decided to move back to Europe, next door to us. Great neighbours.

Eddie and one of his sons also took me to my first Spurs game.

I've always had a soft spot for the NY Jets since my Mum & Dad's neighbours bought me a Jets shirt when I was about 7/8 years old.

They had lived in NY, (They were Irish) their children were all born in America, yet they decided to move back to Europe, next door to us. Great neighbours.

Eddie and one of his sons also took me to my first Spurs game.
Spurs-y and Jets-y are very close cousins, no doubt.

Levy and Co are just trying to shift the blame and I'm glad they're being called out on their bullshit.

Also shows how out of touch ENIC are with the fans, especially if they think one place on the board for the fans will suffice, he's just going to be some Muppet appointed by Levy.
Parts of that statement on fan representation were eye popping ...

"we entered the ESL with the expectation that the format, rules and structures would evolve through dialogue with key parties, namely the Premier League, FA, UEFA, FIFA and, crucially, fans."

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yes. Stadium income goes to the football club.
That’s what I believe. With the exception of the gate receipts that go to the “home” NFL team that was willing to forego playing in their own stadium. What goes to the club, I read, is a flat rental fee from the NFL (no idea how much), all proceeds from merchandise sales and food & beverage. I believe even just beer sales are over £1m per match.

So it makes huge sense to do this as the stadium would just sit empty otherwise. Again, as long as plenty of the revenue makes its way into the hands of agents for new players.

That’s what I believe. With the exception of the gate receipts that go to the “home” NFL team that was willing to forego playing in their own stadium. What goes to the club, I read, is a flat rental fee from the NFL (no idea how much), all proceeds from merchandise sales and food & beverage. I believe even just beer sales are over £1m per match.

So it makes huge sense to do this as the stadium would just sit empty otherwise. Again, as long as plenty of the revenue makes its way into the hands of agents for new players.
I suspect most of this revenue goes more to paying off the stadium than anything else, but money being fungible, I'll never know for sure.

You know, as I sit here reading this forum and thinking about all the great memories I have had in my lifetime watching Spurs, all the moments that this football club has been there for me in bad and good times, 30+ years of support, I can never remember a time I have ever felt this empty about the future for Tottenham Hotspur.

We may have a shiny stadium, be one of the richest clubs in the world but underneath all that corporate bullshit remains a football club that still hasn't come close to its true potential on the pitch, nowhere near it.

And the sad part is, I don't see it changing, not whilst we are under this ownership, for some that seems to be acceptable, they choose to be happy because we do things "the right way" we aren't an oil money club (which actually is something to be proud of tbh) but the problem is, they let this sense of comfort, this sense of safety numb them to what this is all about.

Memories...see memories are what makes a football club so special, those stories you tell your kids when they get older and they tell their kids and so on.

The posters you have on your walls of the great moments, the times you saw your favourite Spurs side win the cup and you were there to witness it, this is what makes this sport so special.

We have had special moments under ENIC, there is no denying that, but these moments have sadly been tainted by the failure following or preceding them, the decisions that have been made, not for football but for balance sheets and for the people who don't have passion for the game, for people who don't care for the memories and moments.

See through all the bickering this is the point that so many who can't understand the frustration with these owners miss.

We don't want to be telling stories of the time that we were the 8th richest club in the world and how we hosted a superbowl at our stadium, we want to be telling stories of how Harry Kane scored the winning goal in the CL final.

Those are the kind of memories that last a lifetime and since we only have one of those, why should we sit by complacent and allow the chance of experiencing them slip away just so some greedy, temporary owners can line their pockets?
That's absolutely true. I have been a supporter since I was 5 that's 48 years ago, those years have contained some fabulous memories but, I cant see when the next truly great memory will come and it hurts to see what's happening now

I only have two things to say:

1. The NFL money isn't going towards key signings, unless you mean in Levy's pocket next to his keys.

2. When you're a Jet you're a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying daaaaaaay!

Interesting read.Couldn't think where else to put the link.

Very good article
No punches pulled

Deep joy...

I know some on here like it,but this does nothing for me.
Money for ENIC, sorry the club ,i suppose.
Has it ever been confirmed that the revenue from these events will go to the football club or to ENIC. They are not the same thing..... I think it’s implied that THFC gets the money, but is there confirmation?

Back
Top Bottom