Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's torture watching us at the moment, we've been shit before but this feels different the players don't seem to give a shit about whether they win or lose.

This squad should never have been allowed to exist in it's current form, it's toxic and full of shitty fucking players that embarrass us every week.

We have fallen at the final hurdle many times but I always had a sense of pride in the club, at the moment I just feel let down and humiliated by the powers that be and the squad.
Squad stagnation from the 2018 summer window of fuck all, combined with Poch making certain players look better than they actually were/are has been a killer combo. As I've said before, I don't even think José was lying when he praised the squad - that's genuinely how fucked the perception of this team was.

No matter how good your squad is/you think it is, you need to keep trying to freshen it up. Look at what Liverpool did last season and were still willing to spend on Neto*. They've had an injury plagued year that has been poor comparatively but I guarantee you they wouldn't have gone on this run to (potentially) snatch top 4 without Neto's contribution.

Edit: *sorry, Jota.

Last edited:
I still don't think that was the worst performance this season.

The first half against Chelsea at home was borderline absurd. We stood like statues in our penalty area and let them pass it around us.

Yeh remember that, one of the worst performances I can ever remember going back decades.

Squad stagnation from the 2018 summer window of fuck all, combined with Poch making certain players look better than they actually were/are has been a killer combo. As I've said before, I don't even think José was lying when he praised the squad - that's genuinely how fucked the perception of this team was.

No matter how good your squad is/you think it is, you need to keep trying to freshen it up. Look at what Liverpool did last season and were still willing to spend on Neto. They've had an injury plagued year that has been poor comparatively but I guarantee you they wouldn't have gone on this run to (potentially) snatch top 4 without Neto's contribution.
Jota?

This felt like the 3-0 against Brighton that slammed the door on Poch.

Just hopeless feeling. Honestly, this is probably worse.
I think we're in a worse state when you consider Kane's potential exit, but I think emotionally it's just a numb disappointment compared to the heartbreak of knowing Poch's time was up, no matter how much we prayed it would turn around.

It's far simpler now: we're basically manager-less and there is at least the mild optimism of hoping someone can begin to turn this around.

Agree wholeheartedly

Beyond withdrawing our support and cash, what can we do?
I know , I wish I could do what kane is about to do and just walk away and start enjoying football again...but we can't its our club and we just have to suffer and fall more and more out of love with our beautiful game..I already have no interest in next season

Were fucked up all on a whim and rush of instinct of levy wanting mourinho. Hes fucked up big time. Sackable offence imo in any business, suspension pending inquiry or final warning. Last chance without question and fans will really make sure next season. Levys ego was too big to listen to poch about rebuild. Levy simply cant be told. Flick for me. Ten haag is bearable. Anyone else no thanks.
I'm not a Jose fan but I do think hiring him was a good move. This rest is on Levy.

Numerous plays Improved under his watch. Kane, Son, Lucas and Ndombele.

Dele had been crap before he came. Winks, Aurier, Sissoko, Davis, Dier and occasionally Louris weren't his fault.

Our strikers are of the highest goal scorers in the league. We have a Striker with the most assists in the league. Why? They were prepared to listen to the gaffer, they put their heads down and played their hearts out. The others were too pre-occupied with how good they thought they were.

I'd even go as far as to say, we'd be challenging for the league had Levy gotten players Jose had asked for. I bet you'd be Loving Jose then. His style may not be what I grew up Loving but it's effective.

This year, like Kane, I wanted silverware. Looking exciting was gona be a bonus.

Just tried to get some chips and they wanted to charge me three quid! Utter joke!

Apparently the food was only free from minutes 5-40 and 50-85. But don’t worry, stay there for a few more minutes because I have it on good authority that Levy has just been spotted leaving Tottenham Spar with a couple of bin bags full of reduced sandwiches so you could be in luck

Back
Top Bottom