Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chances are that Harry is on the way out. If this happens, many think that Son swill be the key talisman for the team. I disagree. In my management experience (FM 2021 multiple league and european cup winner and manager of the year), I usually sell Kane, invest in youth and build the team around Lo Celso and Son. It works wonders and literally with the following strategy, Spurs would not only be challenging for trophies domestically but also on the continent.

[FORMATION=3142,Lloris,Reguilón,Alderweireld,Dier,Lo Celso,Son,Hojberg,Winks,Alli,Moura,Andy Carrol][/FORMATION]

Chances are that Harry is on the way out. If this happens, many think that Son swill be the key talisman for the team. I disagree. In my management experience (FM 2021 multiple league and european cup winner and manager of the year), I usually sell Kane, invest in youth and build the team around Lo Celso and Son. It works wonders and literally with the following strategy, Spurs would not only be challenging for trophies domestically but also on the continent.

[FORMATION=3142,Lloris,Reguilón,Alderweireld,Dier,Lo Celso,Son,Hojberg,Winks,Alli,Moura,Andy Carrol][/FORMATION]
What the flying fuck is this

Martin Scorsese Lol GIF

This has to be one of the best posts I’ve read on this site, made me laugh out loud!

P. S. I love your avatar mate, all round a fantastic post and a fantastic poster.

That's a wild formation.

Also it is pretty darn wild to see a Razor Ramon Hard Gay avatar on a Spurs forum.

Son should be sold because of his poor form as highlighted earlier by me and several other posters

Nothing against him and he’s been brilliant for us but he doesn’t look interested atm

He hasn’t looked interested for the whole of 2021. His effort levels on wednesday were embarrassing. He couldn’t have broken sweat first half. It was pathetic. I would add him to the list of players who have gone stale.

Whether it's because he's disillusioned or gone stale, there's no excuse for not giving it your all, for every game. I accept it's not always going to work, but you have to try. This is not levelled just at Sonny, but most of our current squad. They are pampered, spoilt individuals who are paid a King's ransom to do a job they profess to love. Just get on with it. If you don't like it, then go elsewhere. I'm tired of players who show us such disrespect that they are happy to take their salary whilst getting splinters in their backsides, rather than go elsewhere for less.

He hasn’t looked interested for the whole of 2021. His effort levels on wednesday were embarrassing. He couldn’t have broken sweat first half. It was pathetic. I would add him to the list of players who have gone stale.
Gotta love how he backpassed for 90 minutes in the final and then has the balls to do this afterwards:

Son has turned into one of the biggest disappointments for me since the new year spiral.

We all know that his ability is far higher than the likes of winks and Sisokko, but he is a shadow of his former self and is certainly not leaving everything on the pitch. I know all players have a different mentality but Son has been missing in so many games where we are struggling and need that spark of magic or influence to turn a game.

Given his age and form I would not be against us selling this summer, he has been a fantastic player for us but we need a fresh manager and new players in. The bigger concern is that the club is rudderless at the moment and unless there is real change to the way the club is run then I don't see anything improving.

Levy needs to get a dof in place, with full responsibility for playing budget, with a manager that works in tandem with the dof. Levy needs to keep outside of this and concentrate on making money

Some of the criticism of Son in this thread is fully warranted, but there is a lesson to be learned here for many. Even at his very best, you couldn't rely on him to bring the ball with him. Never a world-class footballer. Never was. Never will be. But goal-and-assist tallies make fools of people.

Last edited:
Think he will be made the main man if Harry leaves , he is our most commercial guy at the club and Levy won't want him to leave as well.

Some of the criticism of Son in this thread is fully warranted, but there is a lesson to be learned here for many. Even at his very best, you couldn't rely on him to bring the ball with him. Never a world-class footballer. Never was. Never will be. But goals-and-assists tallies make fools of people.
Agree. Better numbers than someone like Robben, where-as at Chelsea Robben influenced most games, stretched the play and was always dangerous. Son is anonymous in c.30-40% of games when his confidence drops

Back
Top Bottom