Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Really hope not unless we clear the bottling rats who had him fired (Winsk, Sissoko, Lamela, Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, etc.) and give him a proper DoF and 200m
Don't think he wanted a DoF did he? He was the one moaning that his title should be changed to "Coach". He wanted the keys to the building as I understood it. If we could clear the guts of the squad that are left from his last stint, convince him he needs help in recruitment and give him that help then I'd be OK with having him back.

Don't think he wanted a DoF did he? He was the one moaning that his title should be changed to "Coach". He wanted the keys to the building as I understood it. If we could clear the guts of the squad that are left from his last stint, convince him he needs help in recruitment and give him that help then I'd be OK with having him back.
Based on his transfer history - he absolutely needs help

Vast majority were shitters - Sanchez, the French clowns, Janssen, promoting Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Foyth, Lo Celso even

Very much hit and miss - wasn't Dele a Baldini find?

I’m wondering if the fans of the other clubs are as passionate about their former managers as Spurs fans are. If not, it’s no wonder Spurs are such a small time club. Mentality stems from the fans. The fans are incredibly short sighted.

That Sucks The Office GIF

If he does come back Levy simply needs to trust him more or it will end the same way it did before.

Could have got Wijnaldum, Mane & Grealish, instead ended up with Sissoko, Nkoudou etc.

IF it’s Pochettino, Levy needs to be prepared to risk more by giving him more control or leeway with funds. No more pushing Plan C onto the manager, but the manager needs to accept that he’ll sometimes be unable to secure his plan A’s.

Always wanted him back, just not sure if it’s the best of timing with most of his old squad that he seemed far too loyal to still knocking about. We’ll probably know before a ball is even kicked next season how this potential hire is to pan out.

It's going to happen so let's do it now. Seems early but we don't want further interims.
Best manager of my lifetime at Spurs and noone else comes close.

Back to new players taking months to be "ready", before they're introduced.

Back to not making subs/the right subs.

Back to stubborn nonsense.

Back to the wrong shape being played.

Back to not loaning out youngsters, leaving them to rot.

Backwards.

Not fucking happy.

He will have to show early signs of having shed a lot of that unearned ego, for me to feel confident this will work.

I was the first person to want him in - on the other forum - and loved his early time with us.

He grew stale and stubborn and arrogant af and needed to go, to get experience and MATURE as a manager.

My love of the club would love it to work... but every one of my cells has an alarm bell going off.

Fucking amazing to me that some people would rather have Ten Haag than Poch.

Conte isn't coming, he's Madrid-bound.
Conte's left Inter
Zidane leaving Madrid
Madrid want Conte...?
PSG want Zidane?
WE want Poch........
Poch wants US...

All within 24 hours!

I'm no expert... but this sounds scripted!

IF Levy has realised that Poch was correct in that a painful rebuild is necessary, IF Levy is prepared to back Poch, IF Poch returns to the football that got us to top four and play the best football in the league, and IF we are all willing to give him time, then a huge "YES!" to the question in the poll.

I think it's way too soon for Poch to return. The emotion is still raw. Especially when Levy asks for his £12.5 million back.

That said, I'd love to see him come back. Love the bloke 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋💔

Back
Top Bottom