Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
My only concern now is that the fanbase is split. Certain people will be sniffing blood the minute he puts a foot wrong.
Thing is it would be whoever was appointed, you only have to look at the spread of opinion on the poll on the other page to see that.

If Conte gets/had got the gig there would have been those who saw him as a Chelsea cunt who wouldn't work Levy or was too rigid in his system or whatever the objection was. Even if, out of nowhere Guardiola or Klopp were appointed, a section would howl at the moon.

You could make a reasonable argument for saying that the split goes back to Pochettino getting sacked and/or Mourinho getting appointed. Or Pochettino not getting sacked earlier.

I hope spurs fans can show their legendary restraint and anti-melt resolve in such times.

We're gonna have to be pretty Zen about it. Me, I'm like...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I could live with that. At least there would be no arguments as to whether they were Poch or Levy signings. A manager should be a manager,not a head coach and allowed to manage.

Very few managers have such a complete role these days, and there's a reason for that - not sure it's a good idea at all.

Though I agree, whether it goes well or not there would be no doubts about who was responsible

Last edited:
Well we can miss goodbye to any hope we had of winning, the FA Cup, the league Cup or Europa league as Poch has made it clear in the past that he can't be arsed with being competetive in them.

Poch didn’t win us a league or FA cup, that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be arsed.
Leicester won the FA Cup but only for a VAR decision it could have gone the other way, Mourhino won the Europa League win Man U but should have been knocked out in the semi but the opposing striker missed absolute sitters, Chelscum fluked their win to their Champions League win. There are dozens of examples where luck play a massive part.
Remembering back to where we came close in domestic cups, against Chelscum in the FA Semi Son gave away a penalty, Toby or was it Jan gave away a free kick outside the box from which they scored. Neutrals admitted we were the best team that day but we still lost.
In the league cup semi the score we lost out to Chelscum on penalties.
In the FA Cup semi against Utd Dier’s strike hits the post, later Dembele (every one’s choice) is muscled off the ball by Pogba who crosses for them to score.
Not so easy to pin point Poch for these failings. Ditto Sissoko’s hand ball in the Champions league final.

What Im trying to point out is that luck or circumstance plays a massive part in who lifts a cup.

Poch didn’t win us a league or FA cup, that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be arsed.
Leicester won the FA Cup but only for a VAR decision it could have gone the other way, Mourhino won the Europa League win Man U but should have been knocked out in the semi but the opposing striker missed absolute sitters, Chelscum fluked their win to their Champions League win. There are dozens of examples where luck play a massive part.
Remembering back to where we came close in domestic cups, against Chelscum in the FA Semi Son gave away a penalty, Toby or was it Jan gave away a free kick outside the box from which they scored. Neutrals admitted we were the best team that day but we still lost.
In the league cup semi the score we lost out to Chelscum on penalties.
In the FA Cup semi against Utd Dier’s strike hits the post, later Dembele (every one’s choice) is muscled off the ball by Pogba who crosses for them to score.
Not so easy to pin point Poch for these failings. Ditto Sissoko’s hand ball in the Champions league final.

What Im trying to point out is that luck or circumstance plays a massive part in who lifts a cup.

Also spurs were in the running for a Premier league in poch years. And considering the squad he had, did a bloody good job to even be so close to the top.

He just needs to be told that his priority is a cup now. We can't win the premier league and champions league unless we get super lucky.

I could live with that. At least there would be no arguments as to whether they were Poch or Levy signings. A manager should be a manager,not a head coach and allowed to manage.
But do we want him coming back and not letting the kids out on loan or only wanting specific players and not even wanting to make do with second choice and us ending up with nobody again?

Rodger Morgan on Spurs Od was the only time I saw somebody get something spot on - When Harry Redknapp took over.

On COYS there was a poster who met commolli and zokora in a bar before he signed and got photos of them together. That was as spot on as it could be!

Someone on SC saw siggurdson at the doctors with spurs staff before he signed.

That’s two instances off the top of my head. So it does happen.

Thing is it would be whoever was appointed, you only have to look at the spread of opinion on the poll on the other page to see that.

If Conte gets/had got the gig there would have been those who saw him as a Chelsea cunt who wouldn't work Levy or was too rigid in his system or whatever the objection was. Even if, out of nowhere Guardiola or Klopp were appointed, a section would howl at the moon.

You could make a reasonable argument for saying that the split goes back to Pochettino getting sacked and/or Mourinho getting appointed. Or Pochettino not getting sacked earlier.

We're gonna have to be pretty Zen about it. Me, I'm like...

giphy.gif

That split syndrome seems to be part of the general culture these days.

Sadly people prioritise being personally 'right' over the collective success of a team, country etc. Fookin divisive muppets!

Apparently Pochettino's desperate to return to London because his wife is still here. So it's not about us, it's all about the WAG.

Well...just before he got here we did buy some proper talents in the team like Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lloris and also Kane had just started. Its like someone going to Mancity now and winning the league without buying anyone and its a 0 net spend.

He did a good job, but not quite a miracle worker. A miracle worker would have won something with one of our best team in decades.

Yeh right. Dembele was unfit and often on the bench under AVB and Sherwood, Rose was rubbish, Walker a liability, Eriksen hit or miss. The only players pulling up tree’s where Kane and sometimes Verts or Lloris. Infact back then Bentaleb and Mason where two of the most reliable players. He built that 16/17 team it wasn’t gifted to him.

He got those players playing at or beyond what they where capable of. We know it ran out of steam as it would but don’t change history. As for title winning squad we lost to Conte with peak Hazard and Kante, we got 86 points which would have won the title in many seasons.
Dembele was good in avb's first season. There was a stat in the first 30 odd games that if he was on the pitch we'd never lose. Only when we bought paulinho next season, AVB tried to create a brazilian duo in midfield with Sandro (both portuguese speakers) and ruined himself.

Mason and Bentaleb were terrible players. We actually got less points in Poch's first season then in the clusterfuck Sherwood/AVB season. Only when poch realised his mistake the next season when Mason got injured that Dembele started getting games again and the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom