Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
At least I admitted it! Poch wasn't perfect... who is these days?

But who oversaw our 3-0/3-3 capitulation against West Ham... ? (Which if you think about it, ultimately was the difference between Europa League an whatever that abortion of a Competition they came up with this year...?)

YOUR MATE JOSÉ!!
Actually it was winks.

Who were the other options for CM then smart arse? Seeings as that's what i said he had no other options for
Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Moura - all players that could be set up in systems to avoid playing Sissoko.

Second there was never any attempt by Poch to sell Sissoko EVER during his managership.

Poch obviously had a love affair with Sissoko.

Oh and I noticed you haven't addressed the fact that he played Son at left back during AN FA CUP SEMI FINAL.

Accept it Poch is a tactical buffoon, he used to make subs with about 4 minutes left to play, no wonder why he could never win a cup.

Thankfully for the rest of us the Poch loons have gotten so desperate for the second coming that these are the kind of "sources" their turning too.

Ahhh @SecretPrem great stuff.

Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Moura - all players that could be set up in systems to avoid playing Sissoko.

Second there was never any attempt by Poch to sell Sissoko EVER during his managership.

Poch obviously had a love affair with Sissoko.

Oh and I noticed you haven't addressed the fact that he played Son at left back during AN FA CUP SEMI FINAL.

Accept it Poch is a tactical buffoon, he used to make subs with about 4 minutes left to play, no wonder why he could never win a cup.

What tactical setup would you devise with those players + Winks as options for central midfield?

If only Poch had the tactical nous of a man with an animie avatar

Thankfully for the rest of us the Poch loons have gotten so desperate for the second coming that these are the kind of "sources" their turning too.

Ahhh @SecretPrem great stuff.

You can find literally any source on Twitter dumbass. That's your fault if you take sources like that as truth.

If you hate Poch so much, why are you posting in the Poch back to Spurs thread more than anyone? Go to the who do you want thread and jackoff Conte there.

What tactical setup would you devise with those players + Winks as options for central midfield?
Imagine this, but swap the ML and MR and your donezo.

spurs_3_5_2.png

Hello Mr Levy there's a tactical genius about just give me a ring if your there.

You can find literally any source on Twitter dumbass. That's your fault if you take sources like that as truth.

If you hate Poch so much, why are you posting in the Poch back to Spurs thread more than anyone? Go to the who do you want thread and jackoff Conte there.

Poch at the moment is not going anywhere, thank fuck.

Jose actually did better than Poch when you compare his managership to Pochetino's final 4 to 5 months. We were 14th in the Premier League having taken just 14 points from our opening 12 games of the 2019-20 season. In fact, really we endured 9 months of awful football in 2019, massively papered over by the CL final.

The time when Poch was "good" was literally years ago now.
A season lasts for 38 games and that is realistically the only time one can run the slide rule over how well a team or manager has performed.

Making a comparison between a serial winner and a manager who hasn't won a trophy is one thing but to do it in such a way that is selective could easily be described as misleading or loaded with bias.

I take the point about 'awful football' and I think Jose wins the production of that hands down, the crux of the matter lies in the matter of winning games and the collection of points without that fans will not tolerate turgid football and the writing is then on the wall for any manager regardless of their popularity.

Poche qualified for the CL at the end of his last full season despite a downturn in performance and results. Nobody was surprised about it, he'd been dropping hints re coming to the end of the (5 year)project and sowing the seeds of uncertainty ad infinitum for months prior to his departure and getting on everybody's tits in the process.

Consensus at the time was that he had to go however it is open to speculation whether (if he stayed)) or not he could have got us back on track and qualified (again) for CL or continued with the slump and got us relegated.......truth is we'll never know.

What I really don't get from Poch loonies is the transfer budget argument.

Ohhh well Poch couldn't win anything since he wasn't backed.

So let's sign him again when we have exactly the same owners????

Oh dear, not the brightest bunch are they?

Back
Top Bottom