Tottenham Hotspur Financials - Year to 30 June 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am berry happy with the DoF we have.

How about you, Spursidol Spursidol ? You must be looking forward to Poch wrecking the lives of our academy kids again.

A real extravaganza on the horizon. Something for everyone. We be like Po from The Teletubbies.

Poch should stick with coaching first team, nothing to do with youth (otherwise after another 5 years we will only get one youngster, Winks Mk 2 through from youth - forget about getting another Kane or Skipp).

And he certainly needs a DoF/Sporting Director to look after transfers - after proudly announcing he had personally scouted Janssen ....... and then rarely played him, Foyth trained for 2 years without playing .... and then when he did play ......... - we need a significant improvement on the 2015 to 2019 player recruitment record.

No I did show how things haven't changed when I pointed out that when we needed Skriniar/Dias we didn't get them because of money, just like before. Having the new stadium and the revenue from that didn't change anything, transfers are still made based on finances not on football needs. The new stadium did not mean that we can now get the players we need, Levy still made choices based on money not based on football reasons. The same thing happened with Bruno, we were interested but wouldn't meet the asking price. The new stadium did not change that we could now pay what players are worth, it didn't mean that Levy would change anything he still goes the cheap route every single time instead of paying for players.

Quoting a value without looking at the context means nothing. It is what Levy does to try and trick people into thinking he spends. When you look at what actually happens it is clear as day that isn't the case and that the stadium hasn't changed a single thing.

They is no goal posts being moved here I just don't go gaga over what seems like a big number and actually look at what is going on.
You obviously don't realise that it was Poch that didn't want Bruno.

Oh well, never mind.

You keep on spinning things, doubling down without being able to refute facts.

Did we spend £230m on players since the move?
Yes

Have we increased our spending since the move?
Yes

Have we bought the wrong players?
Yes

Bored now.

But that is what they have always done, the stadium hasn't changed anything.

And it is not quantity over quality it is deals. Levy always looks for financial deals over football needs.

If he thought he could buy George Best (in 2021) for 50m and sell him for 60m he would do it in a heartbeat. The fact that Best has been dead for 15 years and wouldn't help us in the least wouldn't matter because Levy would be getting a good deal in that case.

He would rather spend the money on a dead George Best in that case than spend 50m on a 50m rated CB that would be our first choice player for the next 10 years because there is no deal in that. It is him paying what a guy is worth and Levy has no interest in doing that even if it clearly makes the team better.

What do you not understand - we have not completed one season in new stadium ...... and therefore we have yet to get a full year revenue from it

Yet we have already spent £200m + gross buying players

Wait until stadium has been used for 2 or 3 seasons and throwing off cash to see a change in our transfer budget from 4/5/6 years ago. All we then need is better football decisions to buy better players.

Wait until we ha

You obviously don't realise that it was Poch that didn't want Bruno.

Oh well, never mind.

You keep on spinning things, doubling down without being able to refute facts.

Did we spend £230m on players since the move?
Yes

Yes

Have we bought the wrong players?
Yes

Bored now.

First of all that didn't stop us from buying Sissoko or from getting him players he wanted so why did it stop us from getting Bruno?

And why did we make an offer or engage in transfer talks with them if we didn't actually want him? Just for shits and giggles? To kill time because we had nothing better to do?

Again you keep saying 230m like it is supposed to be impressive, it isn't?

I don't spin anything, you keep ignoring the fact that we were in for Dias and Skriniar and didn't get them based on money, or are you claiming that it was a football reason that we got Rodon instead? That is the same kind of shit that happened pre-stadium. The stadium was supposed to stop things like that from happening, remember Levy claiming how world class we were now?

But it didn't change a damn thing, we still operate the same small minded cheap way. Look at the teams around us when they want a player they go out and buy them. And not just the petrol clubs but Liverpool who are, supposedly, run like us. But we don't do it because Levy is still the cheap cunt he always has been. Things haven't changed, the stadium hasn't changed a damn thing.

What do you not understand - we have not completed one season in new stadium ...... and therefore we have yet to get a full year revenue from it

Yet we have already spent £200m + gross buying players

Wait until stadium has been used for 2 or 3 seasons and throwing off cash to see a change in our transfer budget from 4/5/6 years ago. All we then need is better football decisions to buy better players.

Wait until we ha

I do understand. And we have completed two seasons at the stadium. Plus held many non-football events there, had the opportunity to sell the naming rights which we haven't and found time to charge the fans the most upon the return from Covid game as well.

What you don't understand is that Levy hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't shown any indication that the stadium will change anything despite having many opportunities to do so. He is still the same cheap cunt looking to cut corners that he was before, he still puts money over football any chance he gets.

Nothing has changed. There is no reason to think that it will change. There is no reason to wait.

There is nothing about the stadium only being around for two years that would say he should still be the main football man at the club and not a proper DOF. Explain to me how that is due to us not completing one season (which is BS) in the stadium? How does that prevent him from hiring a proper DOF and not having him as the DOF?

I do understand. And we have completed two seasons at the stadium. Plus held many non-football events there, had the opportunity to sell the naming rights which we haven't and found time to charge the fans the most upon the return from Covid game as well.

What you don't understand is that Levy hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't shown any indication that the stadium will change anything despite having many opportunities to do so. He is still the same cheap cunt looking to cut corners that he was before, he still puts money over football any chance he gets.

Nothing has changed. There is no reason to think that it will change. There is no reason to wait.

There is nothing about the stadium only being around for two years that would say he should still be the main football man at the club and not a proper DOF. Explain to me how that is due to us not completing one season (which is BS) in the stadium? How does that prevent him from hiring a proper DOF and not having him as the DOF?

You clearly have zero understanding of the finances of the club or financial matters in general, so zero point in dealing with you on the finances of transfers.

You clearly have zero understanding of the finances of the club or financial matters in general, so zero point in dealing with you on the finances of transfers.

If you say so.

Explain to me the finances that make us so special we can't buy a player for 500+ days.

Explain the finances that make it so we have Daniel Levy as our DOF.

Explain to me the finances we have that make us go buy Joe Rodon, while other top 6 clubs go out and buy their first choice options.

Explain to me the finances that make us keep every single deadwood player we have while other clubs constantly move their deadwood out season after season.

I always love to hear all the excuses that make Spurs have to do things no other club in the world do. I always love to hear why were are so very special.

First of all that didn't stop us from buying Sissoko or from getting him players he wanted so why did it stop us from getting Bruno?

And why did we make an offer or engage in transfer talks with them if we didn't actually want him? Just for shits and giggles? To kill time because we had nothing better to do?

Again you keep saying 230m like it is supposed to be impressive, it isn't?

I don't spin anything, you keep ignoring the fact that we were in for Dias and Skriniar and didn't get them based on money, or are you claiming that it was a football reason that we got Rodon instead? That is the same kind of shit that happened pre-stadium. The stadium was supposed to stop things like that from happening, remember Levy claiming how world class we were now?

But it didn't change a damn thing, we still operate the same small minded cheap way. Look at the teams around us when they want a player they go out and buy them. And not just the petrol clubs but Liverpool who are, supposedly, run like us. But we don't do it because Levy is still the cheap cunt he always has been. Things haven't changed, the stadium hasn't changed a damn thing.
Sissoko was bought before the new stadium for big money at the time.

You criticised Levy for wanting to make profits on sales but then mention Liverpool. Lol.
They sold Coutinho and used that money to buy players. Their owners didn't dip their hands into their own pockets. So let's not be revisionist.
We sold Bale for mega money and bought 7 players with it. Where we should of bought 2 or 3 top players for the same money.

I'd like to see the evidence that we didn't get Dias or Skriniar due to money.
You know, actual evidence, not media click bait.

How many non footballing events have been held?

Sissoko was bought before the new stadium for big money at the time.

You criticised Levy for wanting to make profits on sales but then mention Liverpool. Lol.
They sold Coutinho and used that money to buy players. Their owners didn't dip their hands into their own pockets. So let's not be revisionist.

We sold Bale for mega money and bought 7 players with it. Where we should of bought 2 or 3 top players for the same money.

Yes lets talk about Liverpool. They wanted Konate, where is he going this summer? Hmmm I wonder oh that's right Liverpool. They didn't cry and whine about how much he cost and try to get RB to drop the price by a couple of million and then end up with Kevin Wimmer.

They wanted Alisson and VVD so they went out and spent market value to bring them in. They didn't wait until August thinking they could bully the teams into selling for a cut rate deal and end up buying Wayne Hennessy and James Collins at the last minute.

That is how a proper team is run. They don't fuck around trying to get deals and let the football suffer. They make decisions based on footballing reasons and pay fair market value. Levy will not do that. He refuses to pay market value so he lets that run our footballing decisions.

The fact you think Liverpool backs up your argument shows how deluded you are. They are the way we should be run. They don't need Roman shelling out his personal fortune to support them, they don't need an Oil state funding lavish purchases, but they make decisions based on football not money so they have success.

Yes lets talk about Liverpool. They wanted Konate, where is he going this summer? Hmmm I wonder oh that's right Liverpool. They didn't cry and whine about how much he cost and try to get RB to drop the price by a couple of million and then end up with Kevin Wimmer.

They wanted Alisson and VVD so they went out and spent market value to bring them in. They didn't wait until August thinking they could bully the teams into selling for a cut rate deal and end up buying Wayne Hennessy and James Collins at the last minute.

That is how a proper team is run. They don't fuck around trying to get deals and let the football suffer. They make decisions based on footballing reasons and pay fair market value. Levy will not do that. He refuses to pay market value so he lets that run our footballing decisions.

The fact you think Liverpool backs up your argument shows how deluded you are. They are the way we should be run. They don't need Roman shelling out his personal fortune to support them, they don't need an Oil state funding lavish purchases, but they make decisions based on football not money so they have success.
Nice way to avoid the question.

Where's the evidence we didn't get Dias and Skriniar due to Levy being tight?

Just out of curiosity what evidence do you think there is out there?

Are you claiming we did not have interest in them? That the media reports are lies?

Is your claim that we bought Rodon because he was a better footballing option? What other reason other than money could there be for us buying Rodon and not Dias or Skriniar?

Nice way to avoid the question.

Where's the evidence we didn't get Dias and Skriniar due to Levy being tight?

I didn't avoid any question.

Again are you really saying that the reason we didn't buy those two guys and bought Rodon was not financially motivated?

Oh when you said there were "many" I thought you knew what you were talking about.

Obviously not.
My bad.
:mourbye:

LOL

I forgot how silly you get in these discussions.

And how you try to be so pedantic but just end up looking silly.

Just out of curiosity what evidence do you think there is out there?

Are you claiming we did not have interest in them? That the media reports are lies?

Is your claim that we bought Rodon because he was a better footballing option? What other reason other than money could there be for us buying Rodon and not Dias or Skriniar?
Sooooo, no evidence then.
Thanks for that.

I understand now, you're one of those that believes all the shite that the media put out.

You should of said earlier, I wouldn't of wasted my time.

It didn't stop your constant whining when you were proved so badly wrong by the stadium being build - when your constant refrain had been 'not one brick.
Ha! Here we go.

The not one brick card. The go to last resort card when you've well and truly lost another argument.

I think you'll find that's an urban myth you've sadly bought into, my friend.

Maybe you should do some research next time.

Back
Top Bottom