Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll go further with the Paratici is Baldini Mk2 analogy.
We hired Baldini because we knew we selling our biggest asset (Bale) for a huge transfer fee, and wanted to buy as many lottery tickets at the best price possible.
I suspect that until Conte entered the frame, we were resigned to selling Kane, so Levy was planning on deploying the same strategy as with Bale.
So, he would hire Paratici as a fixer to do all that boring wining & dining agents & trying to knock down their requests for huge fees, and then Don Levy could come in at the finale to either rubberstamp the transfer or fuck it up.
Since it now seems more likely than not that Kane will leave this summer, Paratici can become Baldini for the summer & enjoy some of the finest cuisine Europe has to offer as he schmoozes agents across the continent.
But I refuse to believe he's a proper DoF.

I don’t have an issue with having an Italian salesman which is probably what he will be. Might at least get our buys and sells done for once.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that changing just because this guy is brought in.
It is not all about money. Is Ndombele worth £60m & Lo Celso whatever was the final figure ? Whilst you cannot complain that cheap players like Doherty have not taken us to a trophy, 60M players should be making a difference. Now was it Hitchen or Poch that wanted them?
We have lost both Vinny & Bale who were on loan and someone needs to decide on the replacements and I do not want that to be Levy or Hitchen.

It is not all about money. Is Ndombele worth £60m & Lo Celso whatever was the final figure ? Whilst you cannot complain that cheap players like Doherty have not taken us to a trophy, 60M players should be making a difference. Now was it Hitchen or Poch that wanted them?
We have lost both Vinny & Bale who were on loan and someone needs to decide on the replacements and I do not want that to be Levy or Hitchen.

I am not sure what this has to do with my post, did you quote the wrong person?

I am not sure what this has to do with my post, did you quote the wrong person?
You said it would not change anything. I assumed maybe wrongly, that you said that because Levy will still set the budget. My point is that it is not just money but getting a good footballer and hopefully this man has better ideas than Hitchen & Levy.

You said it would not change anything. I assumed maybe wrongly, that you said that because Levy will still set the budget. My point is that it is not just money but getting a good footballer and hopefully this man has better ideas than Hitchen & Levy.

No I said it won't change anything because I think Levy will still decide on players and signing will be based on whether or not Levy thinks we are getting a deal or not, not based on footballing quality.

I also think that Hitchens will be a very important person, maybe more important than Paratici, when it comes to transfers.

Giving Paratici a title of DOF doesn't come with anything other than a title. It doesn't guarantee that he gets carte blanche, it doesn't mean that Levy won't still have total control.

I also find it odd that we didn't hear a thing about a DOF or Paratici until we were linked with his buddy Conte. Seems odd that all of a sudden we are interested in a DOF and that it happened to be a guy linked with Conte.

Maybe it was all a coincidence or maybe I am too cynical but it all seems like weird timing to me.

signing will be based on whether or not Levy thinks we are getting a deal or not, not based on footballing quality.
When people wonder why people moan about Levy so much, that right there is why. We are the only club of our stature that operates that way.

Everything (not just player transfers) must pass through the filter of whether one megalomaniacal accountant thinks he's exploiting some clever gap in the market.

It's utterly paralyzing. We do everything with one hand behind our back and a bowling ball in our other hand.

When people wonder why people moan about Levy so much, that right there is why. We are the only club of our stature that operates that way.

Everything (not just player transfers) must pass through the filter of whether one megalomaniacal accountant thinks he's exploiting some clever gap in the market.

It's utterly paralyzing. We do everything with one hand behind our back and a bowling ball in our other hand.
And by the way, that's what happened with Conte.

When he quit Inter and expressed interest in Spurs Levy though he had himself a brilliant under-the-radar coup and was willing to spend a colossal salary to bring him to N17, chucking everything he and Hitchen had carefully prepared overboard in an instant because a cleverer deal appeared.

Once already balls deep in that negotiation he realized it was going to involve more money, yes, but above all else more power and authority slipping from his fingers, taking his ability to be the dealmaker-in-chief away from him, and so he unilaterally blew it up.

Everything at Spurs is about Levy's ego. The money is only a secondary issue, as Levy derives his greatest pleasure in life from climbing the global revenue lists and squeezing an extra penny out of a deal at the negotiating table.

No I said it won't change anything because I think Levy will still decide on players and signing will be based on whether or not Levy thinks we are getting a deal or not, not based on footballing quality.

I also think that Hitchens will be a very important person, maybe more important than Paratici, when it comes to transfers.

Giving Paratici a title of DOF doesn't come with anything other than a title. It doesn't guarantee that he gets carte blanche, it doesn't mean that Levy won't still have total control.

I also find it odd that we didn't hear a thing about a DOF or Paratici until we were linked with his buddy Conte. Seems odd that all of a sudden we are interested in a DOF and that it happened to be a guy linked with Conte.

Maybe it was all a coincidence or maybe I am too cynical but it all seems like weird timing to me.
Levy is only a minority shareholder in ENIC and cannot make them invest or sell. He is getting all the flack and I think he is trying to show he is listening and wants to distance himself from the footballing decisions and I think a DOF will make football decisions with the Manager. Our best purchases were years ago, Berbatov, Modric, Bale & Son etc. There are more but this is before Poch persuaded Levy to do away with a DOF and it be between Hitchen, Poch & Levy. It has not worked. You may be right and Levy just will keep on interfering but I believe we will buy players this summer and they need to be better value than those bought in the last 5 years.

Levy is only a minority shareholder in ENIC and cannot make them invest or sell. He is getting all the flack and I think he is trying to show he is listening and wants to distance himself from the footballing decisions and I think a DOF will make football decisions with the Manager. Our best purchases were years ago, Berbatov, Modric, Bale & Son etc. There are more but this is before Poch persuaded Levy to do away with a DOF and it be between Hitchen, Poch & Levy. It has not worked. You may be right and Levy just will keep on interfering but I believe we will buy players this summer and they need to be better value than those bought in the last 5 years.

Levy is the Chairman he can do what he wants. You really think that Joe Lewis is telling him whether he can invest or not?

He is getting the flack because he is involved in football decisions and in no way should be. Lewis isn't making him to that.

What reason do we have to think that this DOF will be allowed to make football decisions when all the previous guys left because they weren't allowed to do that? When managers have said they have not been allowed to get who they want?

Poch did not convince Levy to get rid of the DOF, Mitchell left because of Levy and Poch didn't want to bring in someone he was not comfortable with.

We just had a manager say no to use because of Levy not giving him the backing he needed, what are the chances that Paratici is getting that backing now?

Gasperini would be a lot of fun. We'd concede a zillion goals, but it would be a fun watch.

I think we would need a lot of new players as well. More than we would have under Conte.

Although I don't think he is leaving Atalanta and if he did doubt it is to go outside of Italy, but maybe there is some connection with Paratici that I am unaware of.

But I think it would be fun.

Back
Top Bottom