Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't think so. You're competing with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. Leicester, Woolwich will be there abouts. We need new starters in 4/5 positions.

It's the toughest league in the world and we've just finished 7th, if you want to bring in a manager who operates with the intention to win leagues and cups you have to give him some financial backing. If we bring in ETH, Potter or whoever, it's a different story, with the expectation on them spread over 3/4 years instead of 1/2. It's not clear what the numbers are, fair enough if he's demanding something silly like 200m, but if we can't back him with 100m worth of new players then I can't blame him for throwing his hands up.
Levy just banking on finding someone that will tell him the squad is wonderful as it stands.

I couldn't agree more
If a manager can win a major trophy with this squad plus 100M and Kane staying is a bloody good manager to me.
It's all about long term profits in the sale of youth players or bringing them into the first team and saving on having to buy. He wants someone to do what poch did. But I can't see levy changing so it's all just pointless and purely on profitability. I don't believe for a minute Conte's demands were crazy otherwise why would talks continue for so long. Sounds like it was him wanting his coaching staff and his salary. Maybe also that he said winks, dier, sissoko and many others were shit and needed to be sold to any bidder. Levy wanted him to turn em into er footballers.

I couldn't agree more
If a manager can win a major trophy with this squad plus 100M and Kane staying is a bloody good manager to me.
It’s also a fantastic investment that pays for itself

the miser doesn’t grasp this as he’s a one dimensional little oik

It's all about long term profits in the sale of youth players or bringing them into the first team and saving on having to buy. He wants someone to do what poch did. But I can't see levy changing so it's all just pointless and purely on profitability. I don't believe for a minute Conte's demands were crazy otherwise why would talks continue for so long. Sounds like it was him wanting his coaching staff and his salary. Maybe also that he said winks, dier, sissoko and many others were shit and needed to be sold to any bidder. Levy wanted him to turn em into er footballers.
I would have to point out that the sale of youth to date is poor overall, because our academy is really not very good overall. The facilities are very good but it seems that Shity, Chelsea, United etc have the lions share of talent and we have the odd one or two that are ok to good level.

& What did Poch do with youth that Sherwood did not already do ? Reads like I am knocking Poch, but his addition of Winks to the ranks is again only an “ok” move.

I’m pointing out the obvious but if Levy is thinking we have a class of 92 in our ranks he is ever more ridiculous and that is no solution to buying the 3/4 first team squad players we need now.

Without the ability to turn the stadium into the money maker it was designed to be the funds aren't going to be there to compete at elite levels for transfers. Add to that you won't be able to get value out of the players who want to leave or you want to sell off. It makes an argument for a transitional coach who can come in and get what's here already playing an entertaining style, pulling more wins out than you have a right to expect, and develop the younger players coming up. There is also a need to recognize that you have to separate the players with heart and good work ethic from the players who aren't using their talent and don't put in the work. There are more than one or two who would make the team better by not being on it. It isn't a time to bring a big name coach like Conte. Levy needs to reset the entire organization, define what Tottenham football is, and get a younger coach in who will bring the team further along each year for the next three. Then you can get back to thinking top four. We're just such a long way from there now and this manager search is descending into farce.

Without the ability to turn the stadium into the money maker it was designed to be the funds aren't going to be there to compete at elite levels for transfers. Add to that you won't be able to get value out of the players who want to leave or you want to sell off. It makes an argument for a transitional coach who can come in and get what's here already playing an entertaining style, pulling more wins out than you have a right to expect, and develop the younger players coming up. There is also a need to recognize that you have to separate the players with heart and good work ethic from the players who aren't using their talent and don't put in the work. There are more than one or two who would make the team better by not being on it. It isn't a time to bring a big name coach like Conte. Levy needs to reset the entire organization, define what Tottenham football is, and get a younger coach in who will bring the team further along each year for the next three. Then you can get back to thinking top four. We're just such a long way from there now and this manager search is descending into farce.

You? If you’re not Spurs why are you here?

It's difficult to fathom what that actually means.

It reads like Conte was negotiating in order to take the job and Spurs were just going through the motions as they felt they had to as he was a top manager but were never really serious about getting him.

Would certainly explain the speed at which it fell apart.

It reads like Conte was negotiating in order to take the job and Spurs were just going through the motions as they felt they had to as he was a top manager but were never really serious about getting him.

Season ticket renewals...

I sense the week ahead is going to be manically bi-polar.

Oh what fun to be a Tottenham fan.
It is fun why on earth would you want Levy to go out sign a replacement manager, hand him an open cheque book buy the best players available watch his state of the fancy Dan stadium packed every match day maximise of field cooperative options and sit back and think…….
149-E093-B-842-D-40-AA-AF0-F-BEFD7-B9-F0-F8-E.gif

instead of huffing puffing to the next drama that follows Tottenham Hotspur…….why?

Levy has previous for this tactic. Does it with players too. Dybala etc etc, the whole “we tried” scenario. Pretend Spurs are going for these top managers without the intention of signing them.

This guy he’s Italian at least think out of work?…….
20-CEE6-DF-5-B1-A-4-D18-9838-5-DB7-A85-F01-AF.jpg

I’ll tell you what it reads like....absolute bullshit. These are the same bullshit Twitter accounts who were saying everything was agreed and it’s a done deal. They know everything about fuck all.

The only difference a DoF will make is having someone else to take the flak. Nothing will be decided, no money will be spent, no players will be bought or sold unless its run past Levy first.....other than that they will have a completely free hand to do whatever they like.

Back
Top Bottom