New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has anyone on here done the stadium tour since Covid times / social distancing etc? I’m going up this week and doing the tour as it was bought as a birthday gift and not sure what to expect. Also has anyone used the new club car park which is apparently opposite WHL station? It says you can park there all day for tours for £6.50 but I can’t say I have ever noticed an official club car park there! Thanks in advance for any info

Has anyone on here done the stadium tour since Covid times / social distancing etc? I’m going up this week and doing the tour as it was bought as a birthday gift and not sure what to expect. Also has anyone used the new club car park which is apparently opposite WHL station? It says you can park there all day for tours for £6.50 but I can’t say I have ever noticed an official club car park there! Thanks in advance for any info
Sorry can't help, but enjoy it anyway :)

Spurs have two items on Planning sub Committee of Harringey Council, both recommended to be granted by the Planning Department officials, both seem to be simply adding more detail to previously approved outline plans.

8.HGY/2021/1043 - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, 748 High Road N17 0AP - The Community Health Building pdf icon PDF 1 MB
Proposal: Application for the approval of reserved matters relating to the scale of Plot 6 'The Community Health Building’ of planning permission HGY/2015/3000 granted on 15.04.2016 for the demolition of the existing stadium and the phased redevelopment of the site to provide a new stadium, hotel, Tottenham Experience; sports centre ('The Extreme Sports Building'); community and / or office uses; housing; health centre ('The Community Health Building'); and associated works.

Recommendation: GRANT
9.HGY/2021/1039 - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, 748 High Road N17 0AP - 'The Extreme Sports Building' pdf icon PDF 1 MB
Proposal: Application for the approval of reserved matters relating to the scale of Plot 4 'The Extreme Sports Building' of planning permission HGY/2015/3000 granted on 15.04.2016 for the demolition of the existing stadium and the phased redevelopment of the site to provide a new stadium, hotel, Tottenham Experience; sports centre ('The Extreme Sports Building'); community and / or office uses; housing; health centre ('The Community Health Building'); and associated works.

Recommendation: GRANT

Details on the proposals are on pages 1 - 40 and page 41 - 80 of the data pack link below

Not sure where to put this, but in another discussion there was talk about capacity at sporting venues and apparently full capacity was not going to happen this season. Has there been any reports on this? I know there are test events happening currently, but is there a reason why there couldn't be higher capacity events at outdoor venues in 10 weeks?

75% of UK adults have had at least once dose. I know cases have risen lately, but assuming 70% of the population has had their second dose by August 1, and assuming that clubs can require screening prior to matches, I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least 3/4 capacity to start the season.

Not sure where to put this, but in another discussion there was talk about capacity at sporting venues and apparently full capacity was not going to happen this season. Has there been any reports on this? I know there are test events happening currently, but is there a reason why there couldn't be higher capacity events at outdoor venues in 10 weeks?

75% of UK adults have had at least once dose. I know cases have risen lately, but assuming 70% of the population has had their second dose by August 1, and assuming that clubs can require screening prior to matches, I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least 3/4 capacity to start the season.
You're probably right for the start of the season, but beyond that I think this is going to depend upon how quickly people's immune systems can respond to a virus that is being provided with probably quadrillions of opportuntites to evolve every hour globally. High prevelance, particularly in a partially vaccinated opened up society is naturally going to speed the selection of antibody evading mutations.

We have a great headstart now, and hopfully our bodies can do the rest and actually leave us in a state where we don't end up with really severe disease regardless of mutations, then we'll be golden, but if these escape mutants start putting high numbers in hospital, post vaccination then it could be longer we end up with restictions for. Boosters will help no doubt but we really need addtional layers - a vaccine with the N protein as well as a cocktail of S protein codes for instance, that would be killer.

It is unlcear at this point how well we are protected in the longer term by the vaccines, once all the antibodies have gone, which looks like about 250 days, but the indian variant requires a huge number more 'wild type' antibodies to neutralise it because they have a much lower affinity for the mutated spike protein (South African variant is actually worse but less transmissable, so is losing the race currently) this means the 250 days could be 125 or lower for instance as it is a dimishing curve of antibody numbers in your blood over time, hopefully the T-cells and the head start the original vaccine will give us puts this in the rear view mirror permanently but that is so far from a given right now. I think anyone who had it without really bad effects who is also vaccinated is probably pretty much golden already.

Football season weather helps airborne and respiratory viruses to transmit and reduces our immune capabilities simultaneaously (for various reasons) so it's hard to be confident that things will just flip straight back to normal at this point, if a complete escape mutant appears and starts killing double vaccinated people in high numbers, I can see mass gatherings being limited, we would be utterly foolish to dismiss this possibility at present.

My personal approach is going to be to try and get the Indian variant some time in August after my second dose when I'm stacked with antibodies and T-cells, so I can update my defences to the new variant (given I'm pretty sure I won't get a booster) seems as good a strategy as any given I'm relatively young.

Last edited:
You're probably right for the start of the season, but beyond that I think this is going to depend upon how quickly people's immune systems can respond to a virus that is being provided with probably quadrillions of opportuntites to evolve every hour globally. High prevelance, particularly in a partially vaccinated opened up society is naturally going to speed the selection of antibody evading mutations.

We have a great headstart now, and hopfully our bodies can do the rest and actually leave us in a state where we don't end up with really severe disease regardless of mutations, then we'll be golden, but if these escape mutants start putting high numbers in hospital, post vaccination then it could be longer we end up with restictions for. Boosters will help no doubt but we really need addtional layers - a vaccine with the N protein as well as a cocktail of S protein codes for instance, that would be killer.

It is unlcear at this point how well we are protected in the longer term by the vaccines, once all the antibodies have gone, which looks like about 250 days, but the indian variant requires a huge number more 'wild type' antibodies to neutralise it because they have a much lower affinity for the mutated spike protein (South African variant is actually worse but less transmissable, so is losing the race currently) this means the 250 days could be 125 or lower for instance as it is a dimishing curve of antibody numbers in your blood over time, hopefully the T-cells and the head start the original vaccine will give us. I think anyone who had it without really bad effects who is also vaccinated is probably pretty much golden already.

Football season weather helps airborne and respiratory viruses to transmit and reduces our immune capabilities simultaneaously (for various reasons) so it's hard to be confident that things will just flip straight back to normal at this point, if a complete escape mutant appears and starts killing double vaccinated people in high numbers, I can see mass gatherings being limited, we would be utterly foolish to dismiss this possibility at present.

My personal approach is going to be to try and get the Indian variant some time in August after my second dose when I'm stacked with antibodies and T-cells, so I can update my defences to the new variant (given I'm pretty sure I won't get a booster) seems as good a strategy as any given I'm relatively young.
It's going to be weird because there are going to be 100k venues packed here in the States. Indoor dining is probably more dangerous than crowded outdoor areas. It's all a bit random.

I think everyone will need a booster against variants, but even if the current vaccines are less effective against certain variants, they all seem to be very effective at preventing death and hospitalizations.

Maybe I am just optimistic but as long as there isn't a bad November/December spike I think things may be close to normal in the UK come Christmas/Boxing Day.

It's going to be weird because there are going to be 100k venues packed here in the States. Indoor dining is probably more dangerous than crowded outdoor areas. It's all a bit random.

I think everyone will need a booster against variants, but even if the current vaccines are less effective against certain variants, they all seem to be very effective at preventing death and hospitalizations.

Maybe I am just optimistic but as long as there isn't a bad November/December spike I think things may be close to normal in the UK come Christmas/Boxing Day.
Yeah pretty much agree with all that and also have fingers crossed for a normal christmas!

I would say though that the present variants are only eary-ish stage ones so we are far from a place of saying 'variants won't kill anymore' or similar - an Italian study where they incubated wild type covid with human plasma with wild type antibodies got to a completely antibody evading one in 80 days, and it only took the last 7 to go from E484K mutations (where we are now) to complete evasion, so it's very clear that point will arrive, and probably quite soon.

What is unclear, as you say, is whether we'll retain the ability to fend it off enough to prevent severe disease at that point from what little headstart we'd be left with if we ony have wild type antibodies from vaccines. It seems likely to me that people with convalescent antibodies already have ones that target more of covid's proteins than just the S so may fair better, the N protein for instance is still amost identical to the SARS 1 N protein, so looks a good longer term protecting target.

Last edited:
What is banned by the Government is not what is scientifically proved to assist transmission but what they believe they can sacrifice to keep what they want to keep going. Spurs brought forward renewal of Membership from August to last week. I have cancelled and my main reason is that unless a high capacity is agreed then I will not get a ticket. Therefore as I do not trust the Government to allow a high capacity then no point being a member for the 2nd year running and not being able to go.

What is banned by the Government is not what is scientifically proved to assist transmission but what they believe they can sacrifice to keep what they want to keep going. Spurs brought forward renewal of Membership from August to last week. I have cancelled and my main reason is that unless a high capacity is agreed then I will not get a ticket. Therefore as I do not trust the Government to allow a high capacity then no point being a member for the 2nd year running and not being able to go.
Be staggered if we get to 50% capacity at any point next season

Be staggered if we get to 50% capacity at any point next season
How would they do that?

40k renewals/new ST holders, yet only 30k can have a seat.

I've paid x amount for my seat in the west lower, I'm not going to be happy to join a ballot for every game which might mean I was in the upper tiers instead of the seat I have just paid for.

How would they do that?

40k renewals/new ST holders, yet only 30k can have a seat.

I've paid x amount for my seat in the west lower, I'm not going to be happy to join a ballot for every game which might mean I was in the upper tiers instead of the seat I have just paid for.
No idea. To think the stadium will be at full capacity anytime in the next few years is lunacy

Back
Top Bottom